< Goseiger | Gokaiger | AkibaRanger >
Hyperwire
Gao
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Favorite Band: Sum 41
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: too many to count
Quote: Busy with my W Fan Fiction and Den-O song.

Re: Gokaiger 23 released

Post by Hyperwire »

Loved the Episode, but I kinda wished Gai had gotten flustered at noth haveing a GoGo counterpart...

Also, is it just me or did it sound like Luka and Basco were saying "fuck"??
Just a Kamen Rider in training, Remember that!
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Victory Splash? "Drain the lizard", I do believe you've been replaced as my go to phrase! :lol:
Hyperwire wrote:Loved the Episode, but I kinda wished Gai had gotten flustered at noth haveing a GoGo counterpart..
Exactly. I figured he'd at least say something about it, like he has at other times where the rest of the team uses keys from a series that only has five.

I was half expecting Gai to make a reference to Titanium Ranger with this one like, "Aw, GoGoV doesn't have six... or does it?" I realize it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to most people watching the show over there, but it's my understanding that PR was actually dubbed in Japanese for a while...
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

Hm... I never watch the other sentai series accept for Flashman, Maskman, Jetman and currently ZyuRanger (+Saban version Mighty Morphin) and Gokaiger... So, I was like wha... who the hell was those three that Basco summoned? I noticed the yellow one has made an appearance in KR Kabuto promo scene after the end of an episode, trolling around with KaGAmi.

Now I catch the Decade syndrome (man, I love Decade...), and I'm gonna take my time searching, downloading, and watching the previous sentai series... Hope the DDL section got a lot of treasure for me to hunt :D . Can't decide which to watch first, maybe Navi can help me out with it... Oi, Tori!!! :mrgreen:

Back to the episode, really love it! Well, maybe some of us might think Luka past seems like just a mere past, but it's another piece of what has happen before she joins the Gokaiger. For that to explained the present Luka to take care of Ahim as her little sister. LOL at Gai finding a few senior citizens for Mabe, LOL at the senior citizens crowd waiting for Gai and Mabe, LOL at Joe and Don reaction to the girly-guy, LOL at Joe and Don make-up.

Speechless at the GoGoV grand power...

Next episode:
Spoiler
A familiar face, this gonna be another fun-to-watch episode :D
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

Finally a episode in which is centred around Ahim and Luka. Ahim really doesn't get any episodes based on her does she? Is Toei hinting some sort of power within her?

I felt sad for Luka that her sister died... D;
Also its great to see Ahim use MagiRanger's spells conveniently and strategically.

Basco... ugh I just hate that guy!!
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Not a bad episode. Funny and serious at the same time. Poor Doc and Joe, they got caught by an okama.

I knew it would be another element form from the monkey's belly. What's next? Lightning? Earth? or even Darkness? I can't wait to see what Basco's reaction is when Sally-chan is destroyed in battle.

Next EP:

Spoiler
*facepalm* A returning MotW? This has so much potential of making my ribs hurt, it's hilarious.

*that was close, nearly forgot the spoiler tag*
shadowcake8102
Favorite series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by shadowcake8102 »

Wow, and I just finished watching Lightspeed Rescue on Netflix this week...What an interesting coincidence.

As a MarvelousxLuka shipper, I squeed a bit when he caught her.
As a guy, I appreciated the AhimxLuka.

So overall, I enjoyed this episode. 8)
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

TBustah! wrote:Victory Splash? "Drain the lizard", I do believe you've been replaced as my go to phrase! :lol:
Hyperwire wrote:Loved the Episode, but I kinda wished Gai had gotten flustered at noth haveing a GoGo counterpart..
Exactly. I figured he'd at least say something about it, like he has at other times where the rest of the team uses keys from a series that only has five.

I was half expecting Gai to make a reference to Titanium Ranger with this one like, "Aw, GoGoV doesn't have six... or does it?" I realize it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to most people watching the show over there, but it's my understanding that PR was actually dubbed in Japanese for a while...
Lightspeed was dubbed. But there's no point in mentioning it. That would only confuse kids or unfamiliar people, that GGV had a 6th. But it will be a big issue when this season is adapted.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Silly transvestite man....once is coincidence, twice a miracle, third time's inevitable, and the fourth is fate.

...At least one good line came out of kiva. Besides "oh snap, I'm your son from the future and neo zeon vampires are gonna crash this wedding!"

Silly bosconovich. Not all japanese women look alike.

G-g-g-ghosts notwithstanding, is this the first time there's no red with the cameo?
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

hmm no go-go red only go-go pink? can you really have rio, mele and zubaan as ranger keys i mean they weren't really rangers just extras. we find a bit more out about luka though not a whole lot. the grand power for go-go five was a bit dull the water launchers were allright but the finisher was meh
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!

Post by Therm_Kitty »

They skipped the roll calls this episode. Well, they're only there in case they don't have enough footage to pad out the whole episode, so I'm fine with it. Marvelous and Gai carrying the elderly was hilarious, glad to see that Marvy took it well instead of killing Gai for wasting their time. Is it just me, or does Joe look sexy in heavy makeup? Those eyes...

GoGoV seems to have an official and unofficial Grand Power, like Carranger. Official being the hoses and unofficial being the final attack.

I thought we all got over the "OMG Basco has Extra Keys" back when he lost all his Sixth Keys and then pulled out his Extras, clearly displaying them to the camera.

Next episode:
Spoiler
Jealoushitto confirmed for final boss after the Emperor of Zangyack dies.
redwhitesentai
7X
Favorite series: boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: dekaranger
Dreamy: bouken pink
Quote: hmm.. I'll think about it
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by redwhitesentai »

Basco actually has the sexier eyes....
remolay
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Wizard's Costume
Favorite Actor?: Simon Pegg
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Babylon 5
Quote: There's a hole in my neighborhood down which of late I cannot help but fall.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by remolay »

m4rc0 wrote:Of course the AhimXLuka shippers will be happy too.
A-yup. :)
TBustah! wrote:Exactly. I figured he'd at least say something about it, like he has at other times where the rest of the team uses keys from a series that only has five.
He didn't say something about it? I could have sworn he got ticked off about the "five man finisher",
Well I guess I'm not a pirate anymore now that img limits exist.

Help I can't help finding every yellow ranger cute
kmizuno
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Jetman
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Internet Governance

Post by kmizuno »

I hadn't notice anyone saying that, but anyways...

I don't know how obvious this is to the people from this forum, but it seemed a little bit forced the fact that it was a sibling-themed episode and they only morphed into the three sibling-themed series (Fiveman, GoGoV and Magiranger). Sure the encyclopedia would explain a lot, but still... it relies a lot on Japanese sentai fans' fond memories.
Hyperwire
Gao
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Favorite Band: Sum 41
My boom: too many to count
Quote: Busy with my W Fan Fiction and Den-O song.

Post by Hyperwire »

Loved the Episode, but I kinda wished Gai had gotten flustered at noth haveing a GoGo counterpart...
Hyperwire wrote:Also, is it just me or did it sound like Luka and Basco were saying "gently caress"??
I got edited.. I ment to say The F word when they were saying "Damn"... didn't know the boards had an auto censor... Guess i can't "swear like a sailor" on this board - Bad Pun....
Just a Kamen Rider in training, Remember that!
JSoup

Post by JSoup »

So, for the less Sentai oriented fan, that Chameleon looking guy Bosco summoned...I'm intrigued by the damn cool costume, might someone have a name and/or series I can attach to it?
Skull Rider wrote:(man, I love Decade...)
Sweet Jesus, I'm not the only one who loved Decade. :shock:

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”