Keeping track of updates

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Er... Just A Suggestion

Post by Phoenix512 »

Fansubbing isn't clockwork but a piece of art that takes time to create.
lostinspace
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: gekiranger
Dreamy: JAN!
Favorite Band: none specifically
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by lostinspace »

According to this website, it shows the steps to subbing an anime. Well, I am not sure if TVN follows those steps, but when I say announce approximately how long more before the show can be released means IF the subbing ppocess is more than halfway through(step3,etc) then do some estimation that the anime will be released eg. 1week later.

I think it will give viewers of the anime an impression that they are waiting for it visibly...as in they know when it will be out. At the same time, I do know that the subbers have their own lives to run, their job, family,etc. That's the reason for the estimating. Though it's not accurate, but we know it will come. In short, give us a date but that is not a deadline.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Except there are too many variables to the process to give you an ideal date as stated earlier. Why should we have to do updates? After all, it's T-N staff having fun, and sharing it with the rest of the world. You try to infringe on the fun when you try to "suggest" we do this, that, and the other. Don't get me wrong, criticism could be a good thing, but this is more or less backseat fansubbing which is annoying. =P
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The problem I have with most of the people's arguments for more information is that I am not convinced that they can use that information to apply it to themselves in any way beneficial.

One, to know how close something is to be released, two to know whose fault it is if something is taking a long time. Two isn't beneficial because as non-staff, they have no power to enact change to improve the situation, all they can do in that case is use the information to complain.

Argument one isn't useful because even with that information, the user will still either need to come to the actual site to check for updates or they will have to guess at a release date so that they can come back at the optimal time.

The Kiva 5 thread has become a kind of social experiment to see how valid that argument is. But I believe that in the end, it will fail because people are trying to find a formula for predicting chaos. Good luck with the guessing, but unless you're intimately familiar with each group member's lives, you're probably not going to get it right.

Here's what I do with a site that I check regularly. I bookmark, and I check it on a regular basis along with other sites that I'm interested in. None of those sites tell me when they're going to update, following up on a site has always been the job of the user. If you really can't be bothered to check, then find one of those services that watches a site for change and have it e-mail you when there's news
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

I like the RSS idea. I think that way the haters are satisfied, and the staff will not be concerned about hair turning gray due to pressure.

Solidus
UNKNOWN HARD ERROR!
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Mika, Ran
Favorite Actor?: Cobb
Favorite Band: LCD Soundsystem
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: shiny objects

Post by Solidus »

Or how about you stop freaking out over inconsequential things such as children's television in Japan?

In my experience, the more open staff is, the more crap gets through and bites them in the butt. Just relax.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

I apologize.

Liner_Form
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Too creepy to answer
Favorite Actor?: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Liner_Form »

In conclusion, episode status = epic failz

*hits topic with Densha Giri*
Beo
Gao
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Beo »

You guys really didn't have to take it so seriously. XD I wasn't begging for it. Just suggesting it. As a thought. Just to see if it would even be considered. When you asked for my points, it all really comes down to curiosity and nothing more.
takenoko wrote:I mean, even if they get it right, it's still kind of a mockery of their argument.
Ouch, dude. Ouch.
Henshin.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Re: Keeping track of updates

Post by takenoko »

Another neglected feature of the forums that I've only recently discovered is that you can subscribe to certain forums, and receive e-mail updates when people post to them. (The subscribe link is in the top right corner)

While not all threads will be about episode releases, it seems like a good option for those who are interested in a topic but don't visit the forums everyday
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I just noticed that if you register an account on the tracker, you can set it to e-mail notify you when new torrents are added. Useful!
wawa_usagi

Post by wawa_usagi »

i use 'subscribe topic'
easy to keep track any new update
8) 8) 8)

Return to “Tech Support”