Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Agito 03 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

<Previous
Wiki
Next >

Agito attacks G3 and sends it to the repair shop while a new Unknown buries its victims.

Episode Itself
Spoiler
Man who knew without Shouichi that Mana and the others would probably burn down their house long ago. And the Agito kick has been stopped already with the Mole Unknown just laughing at him for it.

Also at least they didn't drag out when Mana is going to know that Shouichi is Agito.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Re: Agito 03 released

Post by atilim »

Oh that's fast 3e episode already...

Agito has some nice music during the fights, something I personally miss with the more recent (read OOO) show.

Also love the more simple design of the suit and I feel the description you gave Kuuga ''What a Cool Guy'' should belong to Agito
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Once more a good episode. Not only is Mana psychic, see can cycle really really fast as well. At least considering how fast she caught up with Shouichi and still saw him transform.

I like the nice touch of of the motorcycle sound when Shouichi transforms into Agito.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I love how Agito doesn't bother turning as per normal expecting the Unknown to blow up. Classic. An average way to extend out the 'arc' though, especially if there was a second Unknown, although I suppose they need to keep a few just incase they want multiple riders to fight.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Wow. I never would have thought a normal kaijin would be smart enough to block a finisher so easily.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
ScatterBrain
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen rider Faiz
Dreamy: Yuuto
Favorite Actor?: Yuichi Nakamura
Favorite Band: AAA
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Everything Japanese!
Quote: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

Post by ScatterBrain »

I've seen a few eps of this (28, but im definatly gona see tv nihons version) and i have to say its a pretty damn good series. Does anyone else think the deaths in this series are burtal, the kind of thing youd see in a horror movie more than a kids/family show? Dont get me wrong I like how mature this seires is and most kids love to be scared. Think of the kind of scary shows they had for us in the uk or usa: Goosbumps and Are You Afriad of the Dark. Good shows but it rarely invlolved anyone dying and certanly not by being buried or stuffed in a tree with their arm hanging out. That scene in the first episode with the arm hanging out of a tree is scary enough to cause sleepless nights.

Kuga was simular in terms of brutal deaths and i love how they tried to explain how his gear worked but the problem with that show for me was that the characters were so friggin borring.
Agito on the other hand has two riders right off the bat, both of which have their storlines as well as their own set of supporting characters who also have their own storylines.

Bit of pointless trivia, the boy who plays Taichi, Mana's brother, went on to play the teenage Goemon in the film of the same name alongside Satoh Takeru of Den O for a few scenes. Both were ninja assassins for Nobunaga. Not a bad film.
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, there is an idea and ideas are bulletproof!
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by atilim »

ScatterBrain wrote:I've seen a few eps of this (28, but im definatly gona see tv nihons version) and i have to say its a pretty damn good series. Does anyone else think the deaths in this series are burtal, the kind of thing youd see in a horror movie more than a kids/family show? Dont get me wrong I like how mature this seires is and most kids love to be scared. Think of the kind of scary shows they had for us in the uk or usa: Goosbumps and Are You Afriad of the Dark. Good shows but it rarely invlolved anyone dying and certanly not by being buried or stuffed in a tree with their arm hanging out. That scene in the first episode with the arm hanging out of a tree is scary enough to cause sleepless nights.

Kuga was simular in terms of brutal deaths and i love how they tried to explain how his gear worked but the problem with that show for me was that the characters were so friggin borring.
Agito on the other hand has two riders right off the bat, both of which have their storlines as well as their own set of supporting characters who also have their own storylines.

Bit of pointless trivia, the boy who plays Taichi, Mana's brother, went on to play the teenage Goemon in the film of the same name alongside Satoh Takeru of Den O for a few scenes. Both were ninja assassins for Nobunaga. Not a bad film.

The amount of deaths is brutal even for a Japanese kid show, but after Agito they did keep the on-screen massacres limited. Apart from Blade I can't really name a kamen rider show where their are allot of killing. Their are always some death humans but never in large numbers and mostly bad guys.

It is at least better then sentai, all the buildings that get destroyed and giant robot battles but you never see any deaths....
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

ScatterBrain wrote:I've seen a few eps of this (28, but I'm definitely gonna see tv nihons version) and i have to say its a pretty damn good series. Does anyone else think the deaths in this series are brutal, the kind of thing you'd see in a horror movie more than a kids/family show? Don't get me wrong I like how mature this series is and most kids love to be scared. Think of the kind of scary shows they had for us in the UK or USA: Goosbumps and Are You Afraid of the Dark. Good shows but it rarely involved anyone dying and certainly not by being buried or stuffed in a tree with their arm hanging out. That scene in the first episode with the arm hanging out of a tree is scary enough to cause sleepless nights.
Kamen Rider have always been darker, according to the FCC anyway. Heck, even Super Sentai is more serious, just not as much as KR. It gets toned down later on in the Heisei series, but the fact remains that children there are a bit more mature.

Plus, Agito and Kuuga are closer to Showa riders in a way.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

Pretty much the only Heisei series I've watched that didn't have a fairly decent amount of civilian casualties (that stuck, gotta love time travel hax) was Den-O, the rest of them tend to kill off at least one or two people every few episodes, some more than others.

With Kuuga and Agito, Shiki's right that they were still using certain Showa principles about doing casualties on a large scale. About half of Kuuga's bodycount were cops trying to fight the Grongi and losing, especially in the first parts of the show before they really learned to trust the idea that there was a guy running around who could fight the things and win. As Agito's starting to show, the Unknown almost always manage to get the first move, but they don't stick around for it, so the police are usually only able to play catchup and try to track their patterns. A few of them go on rampages later on, but overall, it's nowhere near the kind of every day massacre the Grongi are known for.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Question:
I noticed Agito has some type of stone/crystal in his chest. Does that have anything to do with the series or just a clever design tacit?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's called the 'Wiseman's Monolith'. It's just a design thing, like the crystal in the helmet of other riders that they give a fancy name. I'm pretty sure it was only named in the supplementary material.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

atilim wrote:
It is at least better then sentai, all the buildings that get destroyed and giant robot battles but you never see any deaths....
Would you really want to see the thousands of crushed bodies in those buildings....
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

ScatterBrain wrote:Kuga was simular in terms of brutal deaths and i love how they tried to explain how his gear worked but the problem with that show for me was that the characters were so friggin borring.
>>> I don't think this is a spoiler but just in case
Spoiler
I think there's some eps. of Kuuga where the fighting between Kuuga and some of the Grongis involves quite a lot of blood (the red color of blood of course).

atilim wrote:
ScatterBrain wrote:It is at least better then sentai, all the buildings that get destroyed and giant robot battles but you never see any deaths....

Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote:Plus, Agito and Kuuga are closer to Showa riders in a way.
>>> Damn true.
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Apparently, the Unknowns here ain't Moles... They are... Tortoises?! Tortoises that crawl through sand... o.O

No, I'm not kidding. That's what the official web says.

Return to “Kamen Rider Agito”