Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Fourze 02 released

Post by takenoko »

It really is like a school drama

So one thing that QC brought up and that also came up in a discussion with mag is how Utahoshi uses a ponderous number of English words. At the beginning of this episode, Gentarou accuses him of using katakana, which is kind of absurd in its own way. Since katakana is used for written forms of foreign words, and obviously Utahoshi is speaking these words aloud. It just doubly makes Gentarou look like he's a little thick.

So, count up the English words that Utahoshi can use! I guess it fits, since Utahoshi sees himself as being special compared to others. It makes him seem more condescending and douchey to just throw in a bunch of English words, even when the situation doesn't call for it.

Man, that goth girl really creeps me out. She's like... a scary old witch or something. Her verbal tics are just so weird and broken that they come off as really unnerving. Anyway, I told someone I'd post a pic of her looking normal. Her actor name is just Shiho, no last name:

I also saw someone post this pic, commenting that he thought the main girl was Amane-chan from Blade:
I think this is a pic of Amane and not of Yuuki.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Fourze 02 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

I realised that when the goth girl showed the images of Kamen Riders, there were some 'homages' in them.

There's Ichigou, well being the first Rider. Then we have Super-1, the 'astronaut' rider with interchangeable hands. Then we have Black RX, the first form-changing Rider. Then we have Kuuga... I'm not sure where he comes into place other than being the Rider that revived the franchise in 2000. And we have W, the Rider that made single piece transformation devices look like a thing of the past.

Then again, it could be me thinking too much.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I guess I'm a little disappointed that Kamen Rider isn't a term that has an origin within the series itself the way it did in W. Guess they're continuing to push for Kamen Rider all being in the same universe from Decade on.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

I'm really interested in seeing what character development the goth girl will get.
Her actress has only one name? I've seen that before of course, but most of the time their real name is known too, just not used.

As for the goth girl, her surname is Nozama according to official info, which is an anagram of Amazon (as in Kamen Rider Amazon).
Behold the Emperor!
BenDTU
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by BenDTU »

Fourze pretty much just fixed the entire Kamen Rider franchise's continuity in one sentence.

Also just as side note, What did "Uchu Kita" end up getting translated as? Not trolling, just curious.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

It started with a low light...

Names do need origins. By which I mean puns. Puns that are actually puns, like Fjord the car-based kamen rider. And Mo Torcycle, his funky jive-talking motorcycle.

...The switches switching people is a start anyhow. Though in action it kind of feels like a metaphor for the growing pandemic of monster switchicide in schools. Almost as problematic as the spread of goofy sound effects.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

Surprisingly the goth girl is allot more shy then I expected. Normally the stereotype they give these ''dark girls'' is that they are mean and more confident, this one is just twisted.

The show itself reminds me of W in certain ways.

Switch = memory since both sides and civilian use them
that yellow transformer and the bike after combining, kind of like the the thing with double.

Part which I was disappointed is that we didn't see how Kengo came to accept Gentarou.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

Yeah, they still don't really have the low gravity thing down.
Was was Gentarou floating a bit before Yuki pulled him down?
atilim wrote:
Switch = memory since both sides and civilian use them
The fact that they're a physical object is GaiaMemory-like, but regular people becoming monsters goes back to the original Kamen Rider,
and sharing a power source between factions is also a staple of the franchise.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Gokaifan
Go Go!
Favorite series: gokaiger
Dreamy: Doc
My boom: Japan
Quote: Never go to bed angry, stay awake and plot your revenge.

I fight evil wherever it may be... except in dark, scary places.

Post by Gokaifan »

Lol, I was just talking to an AI because I was bored, and then it startd to ask me about Kamen Rider

(I know this has nothing to do wit the episode. Whih was nice by the way)
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

BenDTU wrote:Fourze pretty much just fixed the entire Kamen Rider franchise's continuity in one sentence.

Also just as side note, What did "Uchu Kita" end up getting translated as? Not trolling, just curious.
I believe takenoko mentioned in the post for the Promo 1 video. At that point in time, the show hasn't aired yet, so we wouldn't know how "kita" would be used in the context. So he just left it untranslated. But now that it's airing and "Space is awesome" is a viable translation, it's translated to that.
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

This Episode was awesome in more ways than one, nuff said
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Kengo speaking so much English makes sense given the space theme of the series. It’s about equally common to hear English and Russian in international space projects, but I would imagine that the target audience for a series like Kamen Rider has more familiarity with English than Russian. Gen really did come off looking like a dunce compared to Kengo and Yuuki, though, with his response.

So...how often is this school getting attacked by monsters if the principal has a policy in place about classes continuing the next day? I kid. Kind of. The school probably has a general policy for carrying on with classes no matter what else happens around campus, but it does make you wonder.

If Daimonji is going to be part of the Club, as the opening sequence hints at, they’ve got quite a bit of character redemption to do in a short period of time. He’s so much of a jerk-jock that he’s coming off as a caricature of a stereotype.

Not sure what to make of the “Kamen Riders are urban legends” thing yet. It’ll depend if it’s just a throw-away line or if they build on it.

Evidently the headaches/health issues Kengo suffers aren’t an innate Zodiarts detector, since he was fine around the Lost One version of Orion.

Gen & Kengo seem so very much to be Ban & Hoji 2.0. Both in terms of their personalities and the whole “Don’t call me” such-and-such shtick. And to bring this post full circle, Hoji even had a penchant for speaking English too.

One final observation - Burger-Wall-E’s name is Burgermeal? Cute, I suppose, but that’s not helping the Happy Meal comparisons.
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

Uchuu Kitaaaaaa!!! Nice episode. Though the goth girl mentioned about the urban legend, that is how they try to relate Fourze with the previous Rider. Well, I would actually love to see at least one previous rider (vote for Super-1) going to be like a mentor to Fourze, of course in the series not in the movies. Well, just hoping :D.

Uh, an upgraded kaijin... Reminds me a lot of the old days with FFX-2 Oversoul System. So, I get my answer from last episode. Actually I kinda bit puzzle when Kengo explaining about the switch turns human into Zodiarts, actually more like creating a Zodiarts for the user of the astro switch. Correct me if I'm wrong about this, thanks.
atilim wrote:Part which I was disappointed is that we didn't see how Kengo came to accept Gentarou.
As for me, I guess Kengo have to acknowledge Gentarou. He aware of the situation and with his weak condition, he can't do it alone even if he want to. They're not buddies right now, but the are not a complete strangers. And the battle says everything, with Gentarou physical strength and Kengo analysis ability/brain = Kamen Rider Fourze.

Well, my opinions for this episode. Thanks a lot Tv-Nihon. Worth waiting for it.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Kengo is only using Gentarou because he's too weak to use Fourze and hopefully the show will tell us why Kengo keeps getting those massive headaches
demonninja
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by demonninja »

Great episode, but I noticed a few small problems with the effects. During the Limit Break the symbol used for the Drill wasn't the Drill but a yellow Launcher symbol both for this episode and last weeks episode. Also you used the Magic Hand symbol for the Parachute. Not trying to bitch about it, but just giving you a heads up on the small mistakes. Defiantly looking forward to seeing next weeks episode.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”