Wiki
Next >

The illustrious introduction of Kamen Rider Gill
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Agito 06 released

Post by Catastrophe »

People are always like 'About time, the character had been around since episode 1'. Keeping in mind that this was the first series to have multiple riders (eg a main one and several sub ones), three by episode 6 is pretty good.

Also, I imagine that giant blade driven into ones shoulder would be quite painful.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Catastrophe wrote:Keeping in mind that this was the first series to have multiple riders (eg a main one and several sub ones), three by episode 6 is pretty good.
>>> The definition of "multiple" in Merriam Webster and Oxford english dictionary are more or less the same, that is >>> "consisting of, including, or involving more than one". Two are considered multiple. So, the rightful rider series to have multiple riders was the first Kamen Rider franchise which features Kamen Rider Ichigo (1st) and Nigo (2nd). Not Agito series. Unless you are talking about the first Heisei series to have multiple riders.
XerBlade
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Faiz
Dreamy: Tatsulot
Favorite Actor?: Ishida Akira
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Kamen Rider Meteorologist! I will decide your forecast!
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by XerBlade »

I love how you just completely ignored his clarification.
Watching
Kamen Rider: Saber

Complete
Kamen Rider: All Black and later
Sentai: Shinkenger,Gokaiger,Magic Kaito VS Detective Conan
Garo: All
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Thanks XerBlade. At least someone can read.

I am aware what the definition for multiple is. I'm saying that both #1 and #2 are considered main riders. Both V3 and Riderman are main riders. Agito is the main rider, G3 and Gills are Deuteragonists. I do feel honoured you quoted a dictonary to prove me wrong however.

TL:DR, at least having all three riders in the series early on allows for lots of character development, rather than waiting for episode 20ish and then being shoved in the background when there story isn't needed.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

First of all, Ryou´s entrance when he appeared in the tunnel was freakin badass.

Second, Gill´s reminds me of amazon like, a lot. I guess that´s intentional.

I kind of miss the down-earth-drama of the first shows of the heisei era, it was pretty neat, not that today´s shows are bad, but it gives a differente feeling and makes the characters more real.....or at least as real as a strange lizard-like man can get.

Anyways, thanks for the release!!
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Is it just my optical illusion or Agito font feels rather small? Especially during karaoke :?
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
HyperDrake
Gabu

Post by HyperDrake »

Catastrophe wrote:I'm saying that both #1 and #2 are considered main riders. Both V3 and Riderman are main riders. Agito is the main rider, G3 and Gills are Deuteragonists.
>>> I've got your point about the main rider and the Deuteragonist thing. Anyway, Oxford Dict.: Deuteragonist [ˌdjuːtəˈrægənɪst]: "the character next in importance to the protagonist, esp the antagonist". Based on the definition of Deuteragonist, Shadowmoon is rightfully considered as one. Black is the main rider, Shadowmoon is the Deuteragonist (and antagonist).
Conclusion: the rightful kamen rider series to have multiple riders was Kamen Rider Black.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

HyperDrake wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:I'm saying that both #1 and #2 are considered main riders. Both V3 and Riderman are main riders. Agito is the main rider, G3 and Gills are Deuteragonists.
>>> I've got your point about the main rider and the Deuteragonist thing. Anyway, Oxford Dict.: Deuteragonist [ˌdjuːtəˈrægənɪst]: "the character next in importance to the protagonist, esp the antagonist". Based on the definition of Deuteragonist, Shadowmoon is rightfully considered as one. Black is the main rider, Shadowmoon is the Deuteragonist (and antagonist).
Conclusion: the rightful kamen rider series to have multiple riders was Kamen Rider Black.
Except that Shadow Moon isn't a Rider... Why are you people fighting over something rather pointless anyway?

On a side note, Houjou's a real bitch.
HyperDrake
Gabu

Post by HyperDrake »

zeta_gundam wrote:Except that Shadow Moon isn't a Rider.
>>> My last off-topic post in this thread. Shadowmoon is officially considered as one of Kamen Riders in Kamen Rider tokusatsu franchise by Toei.
- Being a Kamen Rider doesn't have anything to do with whether or not the character in question is good (protagonist) or evil (antagonist). Antagonistic Kamen Riders: Shadowmoon, Ryuga, Ouja, Psyga, Kabuki, Glaive, and much much more.
- To own/possess and or to ride a bike is a strict rule (a must) no more for Kamen Rider. There's some example of Kamen Riders who don't own/possess and or ride bike in Kamen Rider tokusatsu franchise. Anyway,
Spoiler
Shadowmoon rode the Battle Hopper in the final eps. of Kamen Rider Black; which was his in the first place before Black shamefully stole it from Gorgom.

Case closed.
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

zeta_gundam wrote: Except that Shadow Moon isn't a Rider... Why are you people fighting over something rather pointless anyway?

On a side note, Houjou's a real bitch.
I agree with all that you said.
ImageImage
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

HyperDrake wrote:>>> My last off-topic post in this thread. Shadowmoon is officially considered as one of Kamen Riders in Kamen Rider tokusatsu franchise by Toei.
No... he isn't. He's just a character with some Rider-like characteristics. You see, back when Shadow Moon was created, one actually had to be an inarguably heroic good guy to be declared a Kamen Rider, hence why Riderman wasn't made one until he sacrificed himself to save Japan at the end of Kamen Rider V3. It wasn't until Ryuki that the definition of Kamen Rider was expanded to include basically anyone who kicked monsters to death while wearing a goofy costume, regardless of alignment.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Houjou isn't that much of dick. Well, he is, but its unjustified. I think they needed someone to antagonise the G3 team, it's just kind of done sporadically and makes me think he's just doing it for the lulz.

And Zeta is right, it is stupid to fight over this. I don't know if you've just discovered the dictionary or something, but there isn't any reason to pull it out for an exact specific reasoning to prove someone wrong, especially when taken out of context.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I greatly enjoy disliking Houjou. It helps that the G3 crew is pretty likable, so his scheming makes him seem even more dastardly than he really is.

Gills is definitely unique. The jagged protrusions that grow from his armor, the heel kick, gnawing on the Unknown... We've seen one of those elements here and there in subsequent riders, but not that combination. It's pretty impressive.

Return to “Kamen Rider Agito”