Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokai 37 released

Post by takenoko »

Hey, what a great plot episode. We learn a bit about Waruzu, we get a little Joe and Sid, and we see Marvelous go down with the ship. Sweet.

So the Gokaigers can turn into the random support characters too? I would have guessed they'd need something special, but they can just do it. Huh.

I get it, red guards and there are two of them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor%27s_Royal_Guard

The Star Trek console still cracks me up.

Great Waruzu is pretty awesome looking.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Gokai 37 released

Post by Lunagel »

Woah backstory overload.

I really love Waruzu Giru simply because he's not the stereotypical bad guy. Yes, he wants to take over the world, but he only wants to do it to win Daddy's love. That's a lot deeper than some villains I can think of who only rape and pillage and plunder because...they wear black?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Gokaigers greater power? It's funny how that has never really come up before. And Sentai Two-Parters are always good, so I'm on the edge of my seat.

Hopefully though they don't do a Go-Onger and kill Waruzu Giru and have his father replace him more effectively after using a string of other villains that try to spearhead the attack.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, Luka's answer that it being Gokai-Ou makes sense to me. I mean, what else would it be?

Waruzu having parental issues is nice. I mean, I liked it when I watched Thor. I wonder if they'll ever explain what all the things on his chest are.

Also, I forgot to make fun of everyone for wondering who should pilot Great Waruzu. I mean, who pilots that thing that has Waruzu's face as a body. Was it off winning wars somewhere else all this time? Is this the first time Giru has used it? What's the story with that thing?
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Gokaiger's grand power... Yeah, wouldn't it be GokaiOh? That makes complete sense. Unless it's some combination of the various Gokai Machines and other grand powers, but that seems unlikely.

I like the Great Waruzu. While the face looks stupid, it looks cool at the same time. I think the Great Waruzu has Waruzu Giru's face because maybe the father loves his son too much.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

still downloading the episode, so i haven't seen anything yet, but i see people talking about the gokaiger's grand power, so i'll think up a theory or two here. i'll spoiler tag to be safe, though.

Possile spoilers:
Spoiler
their grand power being gokai-ou makes sense, but if that were the case, then why aren't the other grand powers the respective teams' starting mechs? although, i suppose it could be that as they're pirating the powers, they only steal a portion of it.

another theory would be that their grand power involves their final super mech, made of a combination of gokai-ou and gojyu-jin. or it would be a theory if the abaranger power hadn't done that already. so perhaps it uses all the grand powers at once? except that would look dumb if you tried to equip all of them or parts of them all together.

so, here's yet another theory: we've already seen an example of how their grand power works. it goes back to getting the gaoranger grand power. for it, instead of creating a copy, like they do for magidragon or patstriker, they get the real gaolion, and then use the shinkenger grand power to change from a centaur like form to an armored form with bipedal legs. they just got another grand power that uses a real being and turns gokai-ou into a centaur like form, so maybe the gokaiger grand power will turn machalcon into some kind of armor form for gokai-ou? and given that it's possibly the final mech, it may or may not involve gojyu-jin, either in some way we haven't seen yet, or taking the arms again so that we basically get an armored form of gojyu-gokai-ou?

of course, this is all just theory. with my luck, their grand power ends up not being a physical thing, like with goseiger or gekiranger's powers.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

A really cool episode. A new mech, a bit of story elements, idiot son has the spotlight *isn't that a death flag in this series?*, and Wolzard Fire shows up. And of course, Luka having fun as Zuuban was just great.

Next episode:

Spoiler
To the one who said that the exhaust pipes on Machalcon looked like a hand, well, congrats, you have seen to Episode 38. Seems like there is a second part to Go-Onger's Grand Power that continues combining *I still love that joke from when Engine-Oh G12 first showed up*
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

Saddest moment in Gokai will be when Waruzu dies... LOL i am quite sure he dies
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Well, when you think about it, GokaiOh isn't really a grand power. It (at least I assume) was already there, assuming marvelous knew about it when Akared was still alive. I think they'll get their grand power at or close to the end of the series.
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

Great episode, Loved it when Luka had so much fun as Zuuban "Zuu Zuu" wished that scene went on for ages. Loved all the combats and finally something different, I love Walz Gil as a character so much. Reminds me of Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter really.
I think Gokai-Oh's grand power is actually the Greatest Treasure in the Universe :D.

Preview/Next Episode
Spoiler
Can't wait to see what the new Gokai-Oh can do. Since Barizorg was in last episode maybe Joe will fight Barizorg to the death or something and Sid's spirit helps Joe as seen in the preview
Kalsembar
Gao
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Let's Morphin'!"

Post by Kalsembar »

I guess I always just assumed that the Gokaiger Grand Power was going to be whatever the "greatest treasure in the universe" turns out to actually be. Dunno what else it could possibly be, other than maybe summoning and/or restoring all the previous Sentai, once again.

Did anyone else pick up on the different music during the first fight with Barizog etc? Even the henshin sequence seemed subdued. Maybe because of Marvelous' mood?

Doc's (or is it Don for good since Gai is a jerk?) reaction to Marvelous after their "Curve Ball" change is hilarious. Luka's exchange with the Elite guard is funny too - classic.

Joe and Barizog continue to stalemate...will the student to ever surpass the master!

Much love for the Star Trek panels!

What a cliffhanger! Almost 40 episodes into the series and the Gokaigers suffer their first major defeat!

/My musings...
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Kalsembar wrote:I guess I always just assumed that the Gokaiger Grand Power was going to be whatever the "greatest treasure in the universe" turns out to actually be. Dunno what else it could possibly be, other than maybe summoning and/or restoring all the previous Sentai, once again.
From day 1, i always assumed the "greatest treasure in the universe" would turn out to be all the life on earth worth protecting and it's only called the greatest treasure because the sentai became legendary by the time zangyack first invaded and it was what all of them treasured most, given that they're all defenders of life and peace and all. as soon as i heard them say it was on earth and that they were pirates, i immediately called the overall plot being "pirates come to earth for greatest treasure ever, protect people while looking, and over the course of the season learn that the people are the treasure."
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

i found it interesting how no matter how many times Joe fell and got dusty he always stood back up with a clean suit during his fight with barizorg...

Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Tuss4 wrote:i found it interesting how no matter how many times Joe fell and got dusty he always stood back up with a clean suit during his fight with barizorg...
perhaps he has super speed and all those zippers lead to pockets full of wipes?
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Tuss4 wrote:i found it interesting how no matter how many times Joe fell and got dusty he always stood back up with a clean suit during his fight with barizorg...
Same thing in Spider Man 2. Notice when he tries to save the train, his suit rips on the arm and when they pull him in, it's fixed

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”