Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokai 40 released

Post by takenoko »

So the TimeRanger episode. (Spoilers for TimeRangers, maybe?)

I have to say that I was surprised that this wasn't just a clip show. I mean, sure, they basically reuse an entire scene from the Goseiger VS Shinkenger movie, but it's pretty smart how they did it and full of great fan service nods. It basically makes the movie canon and explains why they were there. Crazy! It's the sort of thing you wanted to see happen in Decade but didn't.

Then the second half with Metal Alice and the Shrine. I actually don't understand the ending and what was in the shrine. Negakure Shrine doesn't ring any bells to me. Plus, it didn't seem like Domon had them save the mom and her son on purpose, that was just a bonus for him. So what was his real original intent?

The scene at the end made me glad it was Domon that guest starred for this episode. Of course, Mirai means "the future"

Edit in:
Ah okay. Guess I should note the kanji in Negakure then:
Ne from Neru 寝る which is to sleep/dormant
Gakure from Kakure 隠れ which means to hide/conceal
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Gokai 40 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote:Negakure Shrine doesn't ring any bells to me.
Negakure
> Gakure
> Kakure

:)
Zveirn
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Maomichi~
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Favorite Band: SNSD
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: So Nyuh Shi Dae
Quote: Let's make this showy!

Post by Zveirn »

Since the link above doesn't seem to work...

*possible spoiler*

Spoiler
The pot inside, most likely, is the pot that holds Ninjaman from Kakuranger (aka Ninjor in MMPR). Someone made the comparison, and it looks similar enough. So Domon is probably talking about the Kakuranger grand power. Possible Kakuranger tribute episode, maybe?

The scene at the end was great. I haven't watched Timeranger yet, but man, if I watched it, it probably would have that same kind off impact/payoff as watching the Jetman episode for me. A nice nod to the characters.

Gai writes like a girl, lol. XD
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Thoughts on episode and next episode spoilers:

Spoiler
Metal Alice brightens any kind of episode as usual, Domon brings back nice Timeranger memories and all the nostalgia associated with that season and the use of the Gingaman Grand Power is something that not only is the icing on the cake for this episode, but also something that gives me hope for other stuff that I'd like to see happen in these last 12 episodes or so, such as a Zyuranger tribute episode, or a rumoured series Battle Fever tribute episode or even perhaps a tribute for a sentai whose Grand Power was already unlocked in the 199 movie.

As for next week? Haha, Ahim is going to be aggressive, and if we were shocked with the direct shooting when she was fighting DekaBreak, we are totally going to be shocked next week. Make sempai Princess Pteraranger Mei proud Ahim!!! Haha.

Jar related [Edit in, this contains pretty major spoilers for the Sentai related to this]:

Spoiler
Basically Ninjaman was trapped in the blue jar as punishment for being tricked by Daimaou. Then the Kakuranger find the jar during the mid 30s or so and Tsuruhime releases him. He then becomes a Kakuranger ally, helping them both in ground battles as well as mecha battles. At the finale, he returns with his mentors, the SanShinShou (the three generals, i.e. the mecha, Muteki Shogun, Tsubasamaru and Kakure DaiShogun).

The fact that it was shown to exist during Gokaiger might explain why he's didn't fight in the Legend War (and hence has no ranger key) and it might also suggest that HE is the Kakuranger's Grand Power.

Initially, the shrine with Ninjaman's jar and Ninjaman in him got destroyed. That was before the Legend War happened, and could serve to explain the lack of Ninjaman in the Legend War. Now that the shrine was protected, we know that the jar is still in there in the present. That could mean that either Ninjaman was able to fight in the Legend War, lost his powers and got trapped into the jar (possibly by Zangyack), or that he simply didn't fight during the Legend War at all.
Behold the Emperor!
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Overall, this was a nice episode never seeing Timeranger,
Spoiler
I can only guess that Domon had a relationship with Honami-chan and that Mirai-kun is his child. It does sort of make sense why he told the Gokaiger not to mess with the past because of his own changes, but in Time Force, the same thing sort of happened, the Time Force Rangers did a lot to mess up the time line, so I can only guess that Timeranger did the same thing.
Not sure, but still a nice emotional ending at the end. Nice temper tantrum by Joe, Marvelous and Luka at the end of the episode when they realized they didn't get a Power.

On a side note: Gai took so long in the Mecha battle against Shot no Zan KT-0 that Joe could do almost 100 ONE-ARMED PUSH-UPS! And Don kicking rocks was hilarious. Luka wasn't paying much attention while Ahim was giving all of her attention to the battle. Marvelous was just chillin like a villain as he watched. LOL

Next EP:

Spoiler
FINALLY! AHIM'S BACKSTORY EP!
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

Very nice episode! Timeranger is one of my fav sentai. I couldn't place Honami-chan at first, but then I remembered the timeranger finale ah well...
Domon is still a hunk! :wink:
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Joe, Gai, where are your table manners? That's not the place to practice.

LOL @ the gokaigers waiting for Gai to kill Zan KT and at their reactions when they realized they forgot the ultimate power.

So Time Yellow left a kid.

It was a poor Timeranger cameo, but an awesome Gosei vs Shinken tie-in. And it was nice to see Alice again.

Guess it's the 1st time Gai used Gingaman's power. The fights were good to.

Oh, about the temple, at the end of the ep they show something inside the temple that probably will be important in Gokaiger. When they saved the temple, they saved it.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Look out, its the power of choppy editing!

...Not a one of them considered exploiting the time travel? C'mon, go back and save/kill someone important, then find out the consequences and I guess that would've just become a two-parter for Doctor Who.

Well, I'm a firm believer in backpedaling to fit things together and make a plot work out in the end (incidentally, that maneuver's called a reverse Quesada). So this episode's swell by me.

I was kind of expecting a quantum leap twist with the kid's name. Like him being Stephen King or Michael Jackson somehow. Well, his actual name's silly enough, I guess. And there was still a deadbeat time traveling hero with family he didn't know about.

edit - Ah, right. "Prepare to take 40 episodes of our feelings!" I meant to say. In hindsight, maybe shouldn't have bothered to go back and correct myself there.

Also, can't picture what it could be, but this pose seems insincere.
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

I loved their reactions when they realize that they never got a grand power.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

@jolly_old_saint because here in America all it needs is one finger straight up.

on another note this episode made me feel sad for Domon all over agian-Having watched Timeranger. Having only had HK quality subs I really needed some confirmation to well what they confirmed this episode. I liked this ep, granted they basically ran around not knowing what they were doing except saving a temple.

On an off note I wonder if anyone thought about giving gai some sedative or some tranculizers (sp?) at some time.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I like how, by a simple use of the same fight scene from Goseigers vs Shinkengers, they pretty much filled the plot hole of 'hey, how did they have Ranger Keys before the great war thingy?'
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

"it should be okay if we're not seen" followed by "LET'S BE MORE SHOWY THAN USUAL" ROFL

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's okay to be more showy than usual if all the witnesses are dead.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I really wish that they had the part where the Gokaigers tell DaiGoyou not to mention them since it makes more sense to have it in there. Nice song during the all Red scene. A bit funny that the Gokaigers kill Shitari for no reason at all. Joe doing push-ups while Gai was fighting giant Zan KT 0 was great.

Also when Doc look up what happened to Negakure Shrine, the title of the newspaper was Tomorrow Research which was the organization that Timerangers created while in the year 2000.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

Having only seen the first episode of Timeranger(will get around to seeing the rest of what you guys have subbed eventually) I though the fight was a pretty good homage. With the bullet time and removing frames and what not.

Oh man, I jumped to the edge of my seat when I saw that jar/pot.
I hope they deliver on that.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”