Pronounced like the Os in the cheerios
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< W | OOO | Fourze >
arromdee
Go Go!

Re: Let's Go Kamen Rider released

Post by arromdee »

dancercotillion wrote:That may actually have been why the crowd stopped cheering the names after RX appeared, they had no idea who these random dudes were and it took a boxing announcer to say it.
Hmm, that makes sense. I wonder if it was meant that way...
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hot? Errr, TaJaDoru?
Favorite Actor?: Yu Hasebe
Favorite Band: DREAM
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gi-Gi-Giga Scan
Quote: At the signature>>>

Post by MaskedRideEclipse »

dancercotillion wrote:Most of the old Riders did exist in the same world, if not all of them, up to the franchise petering out after BLACK RX. That may actually have been why the crowd stopped cheering the names after RX appeared, they had no idea who these random dudes were and it took a boxing announcer to say it.
HAHA! I've never really thought of that. I suppose that it was the moment were the adults stopped cheering as they doesn't know the new guy but the children started cheering for the new guy as they've only seen them.
-If all that I'd been said is a spoiler, then kindly delete them or put -snips-
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

i guess they want the showa riders to get some more credit... plus they also bring the older audience to watch the movie... the heisei guys were already featured more during decade's time...
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu

kokowaks wrote:i guess they want the showa riders to get some more credit..
Yeah because they put a lot of work on suit revival.
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

I liked how Delza and Gorgom's apocalyptic desires were brought up and set aside at the Shocker meeting. Villains aren't uniformly evil! I'd like to see how the various factions would deal with things like the Grongi games or the Mirror World Riders.

As for the Riders reappearing, it's really quite logical once you narrow things down:
Spoiler
1. Time is memory. As long as a destroyed timeline's events are directly remembered, they can come back.
2. Nobody besides the Denliner travelers could have remembered the Riders since they never existed in this timeline.
3. Out of the travelers that left Denliner, there is only one who could have lived through and observed each Rider's life in the original timeline
4. After the Showa Riders came back into existence, Riders stopped appearing so this person could make a speech and they continued afterwards
5. The unrelated Kikaider bros (buy the DVDs), Inazuman and Zubat reappeared after he said they would.
6. He's known for helping without calling attention to it (the broken prison in Ore Tanjou comes to mind.)

I also loved how the plot changed from a standard Heisei apocalypse story to a standard Showa twisty-plot. The fake item with a tracking device (which Rider 1 never had enough time to feasibly create) was classic, as was the Great Leader's unnecessary fake-out. All it needed was a commercial break before Gen. Black's explanation.

In the end, I loved this as a tribute to the originals more than anything else. They could have made it a "Rider 1" story and canonize the First/Next gear, but they chose to use the originals and they still hold up pretty well. I only wish that the director could have remembered that Rider 1 and 2's chest plates go behind their belts like in the next movie. Seriously, they were flopping around a lot in the slo-mo shot. But it's charming in its own way.
edriel13
Adventure
Favorite series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Spongecola
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "YOU influence the WORLD, never let the WORLD influence YOU"

Post by edriel13 »

Things i pointed out.. ^_^

-Almost 300 people gathered or paid for a big scene on this movie, and directing them is a hard job. GOOD JOB!!!

-Great apocalyptic present day scenery and history twists. Going back in time to fix what they have done made the present day more worse. >.< it is BOUND TO HAPPEN.

-Again, a gathering of all Kamen Riders, and 0% voice come back. >.< i would still love to hear voices of the original riders. It would be satisfying just to hear their catchphrases which may be cut in their episode list of their respective season.

-a big ENEMY AGAIN? why didnt they use
Kamen Rider J + Kamen Rider Decade + Kamen Rider Diend -->FINAL FORM RIDE --> DECADE --> FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE
or
some of Decade's form ride cards to transform some kamen riders.
(im sure they want to emphasize OOO here but... they just made the other riders powers (and powerups) useless.

-I just wished a more close up with the secondary riders . =(

but overall, the movie is 9/10.. ^_^
Therm_Kitty
Gabu

Post by Therm_Kitty »

edriel13 wrote: -Almost 300 people gathered or paid for a big scene on this movie, and directing them is a hard job. GOOD JOB!!!
Oh, that reminds me: the scene with Eiji transforming at the beginning of the post-crucifixion fight had to be something that the people working on it begged to do. Heisei transformations are big and CG to hide the actor/suit swap. Pulling off a transformation while surrounded by moving extras that smoothly gives a SFX team enormous bragging rights.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

arromdee wrote:(we're supposed to believe riders one and two were pretending to be evil for 40 years?)

Who said anything about 40 years? That's even physically impossible. That kid's father was only taken by Shocker recently, and he's the one who undid the brainwashing. They probably were 'fixed' by the time they first appeared, but probably not very long ago.
missileboy11
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: They sent us inside for doing an unsatisfactory job. And eating penguin eggs.

Post by missileboy11 »

Was I the only one disappointed in ...'s DEN-O all riders make a brief generic cameo? The best scenes were the ones devoid of anything related to Den-O, which were few and far inbetween. Hopefully one day they can make an all riders movie without Den-O dominating it. *sigh* A man can only dream......
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Okay, I just saw the movie. And I was really bored with it. I really don't like this movie. It had nothing exiting and if they are going to do an all rider movie every year or two then they better give those showa riders before Black an upgrade. It just looks incredibly awfull. They could have better used Ichigo, Nigo and V3 from the Heisei movies First and Next.

All in all I was incredibly bored with the movie. Or I'm just fed up with all those anniversary stuff in Kamen Rider and Super Sentai.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu

Niek wrote:They could have better used Ichigo, Nigo and V3 from the Heisei movies First and Next.
Well, in the
Spoiler
Movie Megamax
, you could see Black Ichigo
Therm_Kitty
Gabu

Post by Therm_Kitty »

MaskedRideEclipse wrote:
Niek wrote:They could have better used Ichigo, Nigo and V3 from the Heisei movies First and Next.
Well, in the
Spoiler
Movie Megamax
, you could see Black Ichigo
It's actually the old Rider 2 suit, from the period where they were trying to make the Double Riders more distinct from each other.
Niek wrote:if they are going to do an all rider movie every year or two then they better give those showa riders before Black an upgrade. It just looks incredibly awfull. They could have better used Ichigo, Nigo and V3 from the Heisei movies First and Next.
I disagree heavily. They couldn't use those suits because the reboots aren't part of the franchise. Also, they destroyed them to create the suits for the first Cho Den-O movie. But besides, there's nothing wrong with the Showa suits. They're bulkier than the suits from the original shows for some reason, but they still look great.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpVBbSGvZM0

Found this while i was looking for the original Kamen rider 'Rider kick' theme song.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

As a standalone movie, it was pretty decent. But as a movie that's supposed to connect with Kamen Rider history and all that stuff, it was disappointing. I had enough of time-traveling as the aspects of it have gotten my mind jumbled and I don't want to figure it all out. These extra movies are becoming too much as well as I feel like they are just ways for Toei to make money.

Anyways, some things I didn't like about this film was the fact that past KR villains are still alive and able to scheme to take over the world. So when they explode and die, do they really die? Second, I thought the flying motorcycles were ridiculous and need an explanation. Third, it was cool to see the secondary Riders appear and help, but they looked like statues. Fourth, Naoki finds out that his Father is his old childhood friend. How freaky is that? Lastly, it was cool seeing Kikaida and those other heroes but there needs a proper explanation for them too.

Things I liked were the crowd's participation in that whole sequence of the Riders coming to help out. I liked how they chanted each Rider's name too until we got to the more modern Kamen Riders. I liked that Eiji interacted with a different Hina also and did liked the idea of an alternate world without Kamen Rider. That reminds me, the previous KR movies before Den-O tooked place in alternate worlds isn't that right?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I was thinking. OOO always seems to stuff up continuity. Core, this movie, and probably its own movie. Perhaps we should be blaming OOO instead of Decade for stuff like this.

Plus, we can shorten Onore OOO to OOOO.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”