Garo Makai Senki 09 released

chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Re: Garo Makai Senki 09 released

Post by chronoxiong »

Yeah this episode was just okay. I wasn't really excited to see how it all unfolded. I did liked that we got to see the Garo armor a little bit more longer now instead of being used as a finisher. Also, there's something weird going on with Leo. Is he trying to turn Kaoru into a Makai Priest? Is he also pulling "Clark Kent" duties as well?
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Lunagel wrote:Unlike takenoko, I really liked this one. The sets were cool, the random transformations were pretty amusing (especially the onnagata and the wire work), and I find it pretty hilarious that Kouga actually has enough money to buy out an entire theater without anyone else getting the tickets. (Except Gonza for some odd reason?)
Maybe Kouga sent Gonza to the TicketMaster to buy all the tickets and the butler skimmed a ticket for himself, figuring Kouga would never notice? Kouga's loaded~

The kabuki (or was it noh?) segment was pretty sweet, with the kuroko tumbling out of the shadows to hold up the kimono fringes so he wouldn't trip. The Elvis one was bizarre.

I appreciated the little touch of Juran having a massive, gaudy charm on his cellphone to show how frivolous he was. Also when the director overhears the conversation and thinks the guy's off to Korea for food. Juran was actually a pretty cool character! Too bad he's dead, he could have become the very first Makai Singer.

I don't see the Leo Is Evil that everyone keeps on about. Red Mask is pretty obviously Gonza.
Kaijumaster

Post by Kaijumaster »

Wife & I enjoyed this episode... We felt bad though, cause we were ROOTING for the horror to posses the old dude and kill the Idol.
Devil D
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade

Post by Devil D »

as a theatre lover and wannabe actor, I totally understood this episode. Also theater is about the magic, not just the selfishness of getting the applause, but loving to give people an experiance they will never forget. Its a beautiful art, and that you had a horror who could apreciate that duality of theater makes him seem almost like a rare unselfish horror.

Also the final battle was HIGHLY creative in cocnept and execution. The rock and roll gunner gave me a robert rodriguez/tarintino vibe and I think it was an homage to that absurd genre.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty sure that Kouga will write the ticket purchase off as a work expense to the Senate.

I liked this episode. The fight was a tad strange, but I suppose to be expected.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

I really enjoyed this episode. I'm also an theater fan and was involved in a number of stage shows in college, so I can relate, especially to the humor. Probably the funniest fight scene in GARO, so far XP .

I loved how it seems even Kouga is getting into the scene, and him saying Artice's lines was my favorite part of the 'play'.

Though really, how many times have I seen that castle now >.<, 10?
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

i also find this episode stale... zero's episodes were great but the usual stand alone garo episode is already dragging the story behind...
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I like how the horror resembled an Amazon from Xena Warrior Princess.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

This is probably not the finest episode of garo, but i must admit that the whole "theatre" aspect was very well played.

I must admit i kind of rooted for the horror in this one, sure, he was killing people, but Ryonusuke was right, and he did give his best performance in order to entertain the audience, his passion was undeniable. The final fight was very interesting to watch, even if it´s not the traditional garo fight, the way it played with the teathre elements was superb, it was artistic but not very action heavy, as a way of displaying the Horror motif it worked quite well.

Probably not my favorite episode but it was very interesting to watch, even if i myself am not all that interested into theatre. Thanks for the release.

Return to “Makai Senki”