Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokai 42 released

Post by takenoko »

Heh, so Don didn't transform into "GekiGreen"?

Oh man, are they treating Damarasu like a monster of a week? He had finally done something cool too!

Oh, Basco is in this episode too? Heh, Sally has red buttocks. What? Damarasu is stronger than Basco? But if he was that strong all along... why didn't he...?

Croak croak

Huh, so they've never met Damarasu before?

Does Gai only use Gokai Shooting Star in instances where it's guaranteed not to work?

Nice cliffhanger. I wonder how they'll explain the "deaths" of the other four. Anyone else think that Don was feeling pushed around in this episode, so he photoshopped an article about himself and slipped it into Ahim's mag?

The magazine that Ahim holds has a small easter egg. First, the magazine is called Josei Seven, which parodies this real-life magazine: http://josei7.com/
The only difference is that the kanji for sei(gender) is now sei(star)
Of course, this is the Earth-Japanese version of the publication. Why else would it be written in Japanese, otherwise?

As for the easter egg, In the close-up, you can see one of the top articles is about a famous spa inn on Earth that's run by Jealoushitto.

Also, Fourze reference:

Trivia:
四角い部屋を丸く掃く Shikakui heya wo maruku haku
It basically means doing a sloppy job at cleaning. Literally means "to do a round sweep in a square room"

Edit: Ooooh. So the title is referencing Damarasu. Not Don.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Gokai 42 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

First up, we finally see Damarasu in action. Hopefully they don't just kill him off like that.

I found Marvelous and Joe's reaction to Doc hilarious. They were like 'whatever' when Doc said that he might regain his memories if he ate something delicious. On the other hand, I loved how Ahim and Gai just bought his story like that. Luka looked sceptical, but upon hearing eating delicious food, she was like 'sure, let's go!'.

Also, loved the scene when Doc joined the crew. It's just funny in so many ways.

On a side note, Dengeki Drill Spin. Been a while since we last saw that.

Yeah, cliffhangers! And a good one at that. I wonder about the "deaths" of the other four. Some Sentai team that hasn't granted the pirates their power coming saving them? (Maybe I've been on 9gag too often, I'm thinking ninjas. LOL)

Spoiler
Then again, we saw the Ninjaman's jar in the episode where TimeYellow starred in. Maybe it's for a KakuRanger tribute?
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Dude, stop spoiling.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Ahim and Doc transforming into Mele and Rio was strange.

Those ball finishers are kinda lame...

LOL @ Luka and Gai tackling Doc. And at Luka playing teh sweet girl.

Gai really has no table manners.

So Gokai Galleon was worse than an oatku's room?

They brought Damaras to teh same place where Basco kicked their asses.

Damaras' cape has sleeves. I had never noticed.

Damaras is badass. He should've been spared for a bigger plot, since he is so strong. Basco probably just sent the other pirates away. We have alrready seen something like that in THAT anime...

Doc joining was ok. It's nice to see how each of them brings something for the team. Even Gai.

I guess Doc will be badass next ep. I wonder what that stuff about the hero is about. Maybe he was an actor and that's why he remembered good food?
Gokaifan
Go Go!
Favorite series: gokaiger
Dreamy: Doc
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Japan
Quote: Never go to bed angry, stay awake and plot your revenge.

I fight evil wherever it may be... except in dark, scary places.

Post by Gokaifan »

I loved this episode, and I've been looking forward to it for a long time.

I really got the feeling Doc's abusing the amnesia thing... and like he's hiding something...
Hopefully we'll figure out next time!

And for some reason I find it very funny to see an angry Damarasu standing in front of a buidling with a big rainbow on it...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Damarasu is a bad ass. Really lives up to that "Strongest High Ranked Soldier" title. Hopefully he doesn't just drop like a chump.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

Basco has probably spirited the rest away for reasons of his own. He does seem to have an ulterior motive. I do hope he will turn out a hero and not the super villain of the finale.
He did sort of give away the ranger keys he had...
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

Arawynn wrote:Basco has probably spirited the rest away for reasons of his own. He does seem to have an ulterior motive. I do hope he will turn out a hero and not the super villain of the finale.

I too believe there's more to Basco than simply being. As you pointed out, he barely made any effort in keeping the ranger keys. Also, everything he has done seem to be purposely making Gokaigers stronger. l
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Also, everything he has done seem to be purposely making Gokaigers stronger.
I don't see how threatening to blow up an occupied ambulance and possibly killing past Sentai Soldiers fits that bill. \:
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Also, everything he has done seem to be purposely making Gokaigers stronger.
I don't see how threatening to blow up an occupied ambulance and possibly killing past Sentai Soldiers fits that bill. \:

It pushes Gokaigers to do their best, unlock their full potentials.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Arawynn wrote:Basco has probably spirited the rest away for reasons of his own. He does seem to have an ulterior motive. I do hope he will turn out a hero and not the super villain of the finale.
While I don't think he'll be a hero, I think he does plan to screw over Damarasu with some well places death faking.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Kogashi wrote:
While I don't think he'll be a hero, I think he does plan to screw over Damarasu with some well places death faking.
If Damarasu is truly the strongest, Basco's probably planning on having the Gokaiger kill him. Of course, that means that he's going to give up on fighting them directly if he thinks they're that powerful.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

*clears throat*

HOLY SHIT

*That is all*

Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

1. I want an animated gif of Doc as Rio doing the little dance after the Gokai Change.

2. Also after seeing those pictures of 'Legendary Hero' Doc, I now really want him to plan Link in a live action Link to a past movie. (it was sort of a reference to it, having a birthmark on the left arm instead of a birthmark on the left hand. ((Variations of Link had a triangle triforce birthmark on their left hand.

3. I approve of the scene of Damuasu beating the crap out of Basco. IT was one of those moments where you know the rangers can barely touch Basco. Showing someone that Basco can't even touch is a way to show how screwed the rangers will be at the end of the episode.

4. I'm thinking everyone's favorite Ninja Star Robot thingy had something to do with the 'deaths'
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Basco is having way too much fun being evil to have a change of heart. Since he has the power to steal Grand Powers, there isn't any point to getting them first. He can wait for the Gokaigers to do all the work and then steal them. Losing a few Ranger Keys in the process is a small price to pay since he doesn't even need them to beat the Gokaigers.

Even though Damarasu could've attacked the Gokaigers earlier, his duty to protect Waruzu Giru came first.

The magazine probably misunderstood what really happened with Don and the evil dragon. The ridiculous photos of Don in the magazine make me question the accuracy of a story that seems based entirely on hearsay.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”