Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Fourze 16 released

Post by takenoko »

So the entrance of the new Rider. The Bruce Lee thing is kind of neat.

I didn't notice this before, but Libra has an eye on his back too. If you were in a real tense fight, you might accidentally get confused about which side is his front. That's kinda neat.

The candles confuse me. Let's break this down.
Black is Nozama
Long blue one is Shun
Twisted purple one is JK
Pink M is Miu

So that leaves the star, the green one, and the ?pink one. That's Gentarou, Utahoshi, and Yuuki, I guess? Unless the star is Yuuki and the pink one is Gentarou's?

I went with: "Enter the Shooting Star" as the translation for next week's episode. Sorta a combination of Enter the Dragon, plus it sticks with the "every episode title is a four word name".
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: KR Fourze 16 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

All I'm wondering is... Why Bruce Lee and his Jeet Kune Do (Way of the Intercepting Fist) for this Rider's fighting style? To show that he's actually trained for the mission? And of all people, why Bruce Lee? Is it some commemorative year with regards to Bruce Lee this year?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Why not? Bruce Lee is cool. At 20:44 you can see Meteor doing Bruce Lee's signature nose wipe. It's just not the type of fighting style you expect out of a Kamen Rider, so this is kind of refreshing.
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

Bruce Lee... is a total win 8) I kinda like this meteor already
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

Bruce Lee/Hokuto no Ken reference? This series just got a whole lot more awesome!!!!!!

Spoiler
the pen limit break was pretty dope!
Last edited by Tuss4 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

We finally have Kung Fu in fourze! Meteor wants to be Bruce Lee. Not much to say about him other than that.

They should've let the fight to Meteor and make Gen talk with Motoyama as stone. Having him healed was lame.

Pen is lame but the power is cool.
zeta_gundam wrote:All I'm wondering is... Why Bruce Lee and his Jeet Kune Do (Way of the Intercepting Fist) for this Rider's fighting style?
Bruce Lee = kung fu. Super-1 was a kung fu fighter, so they're doing another super-1 reference.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

i think it's also a hidden reference to Fist of the North Star... I mean look at his suit, and everyone knows Kenshiro was based on Bruce Lee

Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

Theres a word for Fake!Fourze's attempt at the catchphrase....

DULL SURPRISE!

Also, Meteor's suit seems to speak damn good Englsih... and Gentarou, question... why didn't you try to use Fire again? It can still be fired with one hand. Or hell, Elek would've worked in the last fight.

Also, does anyone think the pen was so useful to Gentarou because of the detentions about 10 or so episodes ago?
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
otarolgam

Post by otarolgam »

Yeah, um... Next year is the year of the Dragon.

Bruce Lee... Dragon... Enter it...
Cobalt Zeno
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kotoha
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Fourze

Post by Cobalt Zeno »

Meteor driver looks aweosme, I want one. Bruce Lee enthusiast, I love him already. His powers seemed to be based on the planets, awesome, the Jupiter one inch punch was full of epic Cosmic Bruce Lee energy.

Pen limit break was awesome and the pen switch in general is great, that's one I'd use often if I was Gentarou.

A switch user learning his lesson before he's even defeated, that's nice, don't know about everyone else but it makes me care a little more for the person's situation and how they end up feeling in the end.

Am I the only one that thinks Libra just looks so awkward fighting like that? I mean it's not a bad design, but I feel like he'd look more suitable staying the manipulative type or the kind of Horrorscope that fires beams from far away. Oh well.

Why is it that Gentarou was the only one that saw the value in hopping before but so easily gives up on pen? Actualy EVERYONE except Tomoko gave up on pen(I just love her) is Gen slipping in the optimistic department? Well at least when it comes to switches.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Gentarou isn't exactly an strategist and Kengo probably was thinking which switch could be useful, but then Nozama told him to use the pen switch again. i was a little surprised for Gentarou's statement the the pen switch was useless,...but he was probably frustrated and he referred to defeat perseus before it was late..
i liked meteor's introduction, he appears as a misterious protector.
i think this will be like ichigo and nigo, fourze will focus on power and meteor on skill, i still want to see meteor in the opening.
Cobalt Zeno
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kotoha
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Fourze

Post by Cobalt Zeno »

I wonder if the switches are on Meteor's wrist do they all go t that hand, or there's four in the order like the Fourze driver do they correspond to each limb? I hope we find out by next episode, I'm kinda hoping for a Mars flying kick.
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

Not a bad episode, but I wonder why Meteor had to be stalking for so long? Seems cowardy
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Better introduction than Birth, not as good as Accel. Probably to keep us hooked.

The way I see it, the whole Kung Fu thing is a contrast. Fourze uses Gens roughneck brawler style of fighting, while Kamen Rider Bruce Lee is trained in martial arts. Hopefully this becomes better explained with some character development with the new guy. With the pacing the series has had, it doesn't seem like very long that we've had before this, which is good. Also that Jupiter one inch punch. And the fact that two out of his three lines were trolling, I might like this guy.

New guy aside, Gen fist bumping and making a Kajin cry, shows how much of a boss he is. And while this new guy is channelling Lee/Kenshiro, Gen seemed to be channelling Jotaro with the pen limit break.

And in the Fourze vs Fourze seen, you can see how dirty the normal suit action suit has gotten compared to what I assume is the close up one that Libra is using. The perils of using white. Probably another contrast to the black on the new guy.

And they even had his personal theme ready for debut. How long since this has happened. It's perfomred by Everset, who used the name Galveston 19 for the purpose of 'Free your Heat'. And I really like how the preview is out for it the same day.
I went with: "Enter the Shooting Star" as the translation for next week's episode
As far as I'm aware, no Fourze or Gokai next week, maybe make a post for that?
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Catastrophe wrote: Gen seemed to be channelling Jotaro with the pen limit break.
Spoiler
Imagethis jotaro?(yes, i aware which jotaro he reffers to xD)

i'm surprised no one mentioned Gentarou using the right arm to put the left arm in place during the "UCHUU KITAA!" during fourze vs. fourze xD

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”