Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Fourze 18 released

Post by takenoko »

Gentarou once again shows his idiot savant tendencies. He sees right through Ryuusei, which is cool.

Oh, I didn't think of the significance of it, but I guess he does introduce himself as Kamen Rider Meteor. I guess he wasn't so against being called a Kamen Rider after all.

I wish Shun had said "Let's stuff him in a locker." Oh stereotypes.

Wait, the Meteor Driver was delivered to the hospital ROOM? I thought it was left in front of the hospital. Who's delivering this stuff anyway? Someone who's so shy he can't open the door and just hand it to Ryuusei in person?

Libra's random transformation are still pretty awesome, since it still catches me off guard.

Lynx went down pretty easily.

Oh man, Sono-chan was sent to the phantom zone?! Nooo!

And I believe Virgo is the first Horoscopes to be introduced whose human identity hasn't been revealed yet. Unless he's Oosugi or something, which would be weird. Weird and awkward.

Good thing Yuuki doesn't go "Ryuusei kitaaa!" "Ryuusei's here? What?" I guess the difference is that inseki is closer to "meteorite" while ryuusei is closer to "a shooting star"

Machine Massigler is the name of Fourze's bike, it's only been referred to as Machine before. It's based on the Japanese word Masshigura: 驀地 【まっしぐら】 (adv,n) at full speed

And Meteor's bike is called... Meteorstar, to the surprise of no one.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: KR Fourze 18 released

Post by PHurricane »

Playing catch-up. Even though I haven’t commented in a few episodes, I like how the show is developing for the most part.

I don’t think we’ve had a Rider be so deliberately two-faced since Kusaka, which was a character I despised, so the jury is still out on whether I like Ryuusei. Regardless of whether I like him or not, the character is interesting and is capable of putting new plots/subplots into action, which should ultimately be good for the story.

So, the Chairman is probably not behind Meteor. He didn’t answer Sonoda’s question, but he implied that Meteor was unexpected. I don’t think the Rabbit Hutch switch came from the same person as Meteor, though. Ryuusei doesn’t know things that Kengo was able to learn fairly easy (for example, the Switches are powered by Cosmic Energy or that Rabbit Hutch existed), but on the other hand Meteor has someone assisting him. If Tachibana (Fourze’s, not Blade’s), was behind Kengo’s switch, you’d think that he would have contacted the Rabbit Hutch crew before now or filled Ryuusei in about a few more details.

Man, just when you think Scorpion is making a comeback, down she goes. She’ll probably be back eventually since the Chairman is collecting Horoscopes, but I guess we won’t be seeing her before the final arc. Unless they decide to hide Virgo’s identity by putting an illusion on her to look like Sonoda. Or Virgo and Scorpion are secretly identical twins. Hey, it always worked for soap operas.

Any chance that someone in the Club figures out that Sonoda was Scorpion when (if) she doesn’t show back up at school so close to Scorpion being defeated?

The Club members must be enjoying their Libra scenes. Considering how closely Libra copied clothing, mannerisms and even catchphrases, I wonder about the extent of Libra’s powers. Is Hayami keeping that close of an eye on the Club members, does Libra’s power give some of the memories of the person that’s being imitated, or is it just the magic of television convenience?
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

So we pretty much figured Libra's MO. He gives switches to people who are annoyed by the things around them, and occasionally takes the shape of the thing that annoys them the most, to ensure that they grow farther from humanity and evolve into Horoscopes.

You know, I found it funny that Ohsugi seemed to fold the shutters explicitly to let the ninjas in lol.

If Ohsugi really was Virgo, then his infatuation with Sono-san would've been a lie.

It does make me wonder whether Virgo is somebody we already know. It's possible that it is indeed a male. Now THAT would be a real surprise.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Gen can be pretty shrewd sometimes, since he knew Ryusei is keeping things from them. But he's still an idiot.

Nice to see Ryusei kicking ass untransformed. And meteor's hyakuretsu ken is very cool. Meteor really took 4z's fights to another level.
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Dengar wrote:So we pretty much figured Libra's MO. He gives switches to people who are annoyed by the things around them, and occasionally takes the shape of the thing that annoys them the most, to ensure that they grow farther from humanity and evolve into Horoscopes.

You know, I found it funny that Ohsugi seemed to fold the shutters explicitly to let the ninjas in lol.

If Ohsugi really was Virgo, then his infatuation with Sono-san would've been a lie.

It does make me wonder whether Virgo is somebody we already know. It's possible that it is indeed a male. Now THAT would be a real surprise.
I don't really think so. They already did the gender bait and switch. If they do it again it wont have the same impact.
Not to mention that transvestite/cross-dressing villains are a dime a dozen in Japanese fiction.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

I was minding my own art and there he was...

So if I'm to understand Donna Troy's logic, from his point of view the jedi are evil?

Its really disappointing that he doesn't make warbling noises out of the suit. Why even have him fight out of suit if he's not gonna warble?

Fjorzengaard, you're not quite connecting with someone by seeing their two-faced nature.

Remember this week's lesson, Japanese schools need to be leveled to the ground for them to consider closing.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm really surprised that Gentarou didn't call him out for why he hit him, unless he secretly knows he is Meteor and is just playing along.

And Sodona getting owned again is no surprise. Both times she didn't run away she got owned. But this banishing thing though, pretty hardcore.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

This is the first time the Space is Awesome actually zoomed in on Fourze instead of out.

Wheel was awesome, I hope there is a limit break with Fire. Fire Wheel Limit Break!! Where Fourze flips through the air and turns into a disc of doom.

Aside from that I'm sure Gentarou knows that Ryusei is Meteor. He would have recognized the punch a mile away since that is the kind of guy Gentarou is.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

we have a new mezool...
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Aries can save Ryusei's friend? Must be a lie... or there could be a twist in the story and Ryusei's friend might be one of the horoscopes :O
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

I'm sorry but the kamen rider club is a rag tag group of funky looking teenagers lmao. it's really noticeable when they all have on those red jackets.

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I loved Oosugi in this one. "I made a joke! Laugh at my joke peons!"

Soooo...did Sonoda-sensei get sent to the shadow realm? XD
Devilbat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade/W

Post by Devilbat »

It is now official. Kamen Rider Meteor is my new favourite secondary rider. I loved seeing him fight his way through the Ninja like things at the school without being transformed. Sure he's kind of an ass but he also whoops so much ass in such as bad ass way I can't help but love him. His freakin' Limit Break with the million punches thing was so kick ass and done much better than in episode 17. By the way, ASS, just in case I haven't already said it enough.

Gentarou once again proving that being in idiot has it's advantages, what with discerning that Ryuusei wasn't being real with him then accepting him when he got punched because at that moment he was being real with him. This is one of the many reasons I like Gentarou. I don't know how much I like the Wheel Switch yet, I'm on the fence with it. Overall this weeks episode was just plain awesome and as always much of that was because of the amazing subs TV-Nihon puts out. Thanks for everything you guys do.
"It's... showtime." -Haruto Souma/Kamen Rider Wizard

Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

jolly_old_saint wrote:Its really disappointing that he doesn't make warbling noises out of the suit. Why even have him fight out of suit if he's not gonna warble?
Continuing the Glee allusions, welcome Blaine "Warbler" Anderson, ace (performer) from a rival school.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas

Post by Alessar »

Lunagel wrote:I loved Oosugi in this one. "I made a joke! Laugh at my joke peons!"

Soooo...did Sonoda-sensei get sent to the shadow realm? XD
The Dark Nebula... wasn't that from Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (aka Battle of the Planets in its hackdub)?

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”