Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Fourze 19 released

Post by takenoko »

Looks like Ryuusei got added to the opening. Were those rocket ship sound effects always there? Heh, a new group scene with Ryuusei in it. What is Yuuki doing? XD

Huh, so Yuuki designs the Foodroids and Kengo builds them? I guess that makes more sense than Kengo's dad making them all. Horu Wankov eh? You see, horu means to dig. And this is a dog. A hot dog. And wan is the Japanese equivalent of bark. So it's a dog that's a hotdog that digs.

Did they run out of Switch concepts already? A second hand and two Switches that work as one?

What's that symbol on Virgo's staff? I thought that was Scorpio's symbol? Oh, I guess they're both M looking. That's weird.

LOL, Oosugi's fucked up.

Oh, there's Kengo's headache. Maybe Mag's theory is right about that. Hey, why did Kengo undo all the stuff from his character episode?

What's that? Dragon Zodiarts or Orphenoch?

Heh, smart move on not showing up, Meteor.

Poor Kengo. Looks like Ryuusei's really edging him out of his spot.

Too bad Fourze wasn't crushed by the trucks. That would have been a cool effect.

Awkward club. I kind of wish the fighting were either absent or more slapsticky and funny. It doesn't really work if it's supposed to be serious.

Oh Kengo, you dirty cheat. What about Yuuki?!

What? Another cellphone?

Huh, why doesn't Fourze travel around with his rocket more?

What is this? Repeat the same mistakes while Kengo yells episode? /me replaces Fourze's lines "Open. Dammit. Open"

Remember: Space is... painful!!!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: KR Fourze 19 released

Post by PHurricane »

Nice bit of editing at the beginning, so that the recap of someone asking who the new Kamen Rider is segues into him introducing himself in civilian form. I was not nearly as impressed by the edits to the opening. The new shots feel like they just got shoved in.

“Space is painful.” A very true statement.

I’m impressed by Dragon Zodiarts’ logic that one of the students hanging around with Fourze might be Meteor. They’re actually right, although they picked the wrong one. Yay for villains that use their brains!

I figured we’d have an arc where Kengo felt like the other Club members were capable of doing everything that he could for Fourze. I predicted it would have happened after Nozoma joined the Club, but it works better here. Rather than contradict episodes 11-12, I think it builds nicely on Kengo’s character development - he gets so upset at Gen this episode because he decided to accept Gen’s friendship - and now he feels betrayed because from his perspective Gentarou is (a) trading in for a newer model and (b) implying that he doesn’t trust Kengo’s advice.

Melodramatic Gen-chan is hilarious. He should have tracked down Oosugi so they could be miserable together.

Huh, Ryuusei’s trying to help Fourze and the Club. I would have bet after last episode that he would try to sabotage them to prevent them from prematurely destroying potential Horoscopes no matter what Tachibana ordered.
Oh, there's Kengo's headache. Maybe Mag's theory is right about that.
What's that?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think why Kengo is acting like this because the Switches are his father's work. So when Gentarou has Ryuusei working on tuning them, it's basically a punch to the balls. I don't want someone I don't really know to take over something I build up or a family member of mine. Gentarou's heart is in the right place but he should have asked Kengo first before having Ryuusei start working on tuning them.

As for why Ryuusei is helping Fourze, I think the reasoning is that stronger Zodiarts will appear as Fourze gets stronger so the chance of them evolving to Horoscopes is much greater.

Did anyone else think of Transformers the Movie when Gentarou tries to split apart the NS Magphone? Open dammit! OPEN!
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Meteor is now in the intro, good touch.

Did anyone else think that the whole scene where Ryusei transform was sort of weird, it felt like the entire fight scene Meteor was saying. Psst Yuuki don't turn around, I'm turning into Meteor. Pssst Fourze I'm not Ryusei but I'm implying I help built your new item. Pssssst Fourze I'm telling you what to do like I didn't earlier in the episode, I'm not Ryusei.

If Gentarou didn't already know who Meteor is, I'm sure by the end of the arc he will.

Predictions for next episode.

1. Kengo will be the one that opens the MS Phone
2. Libra will show up again to tango with Meteor and Fourze.
3. Tomoko will either witness Meteor Henshin or Undoing his Henshin.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like these episodes were the switcher is a mystery. They've played the team captain out to be the Zodiart, but the explosions came to soon after the confrontation with him and gave the chick enough time to get away and cause some trouble.

And Kengo has done a 180 from his episode that wasn't that long ago.

This episode just reminded me too much of episode 5. First use of the switches gives him some half assed power up. Can't beat Zodiart, looses switch etc.

And I wonder if Kengos dad was getting more and more insane as time went on in the hutch. 'This one will be great. It's a another hand type module, that attaches to his LEG!'
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

This episode was okay... did not get me excited though. The opening for Fourze was really cool, when they show Gentarou hanging out with Ryusei and they do a reflection with his nice and cold side.
Image Image
What I don't like was Gentarou was being stupid again first of all why let Ryusei do the switches? It's Kengo's job plus only Kengo should do it because it's his fathers switches its like his inheritance for Kengo or something. He didn't even consider Kengo's feelings and he says their friends .-.
neonblue2
Gabu
Favorite series: A lot
My boom: Kitties!

Post by neonblue2 »

Catastrophe wrote:And I wonder if Kengos dad was getting more and more insane as time went on in the hutch. 'This one will be great. It's a another hand type module, that attaches to his LEG!'
Kengo's parents?
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

This episode was kind of cool. The new version of the Opening was nice. Adding Meteor doing his "WAACHA!" pose was funny. And the two Riders riding their bikes with the explosions behind it was nice *I like explosions LOL*

Next episode = New Form! I'm going out on a limb and saying it's
Spoiler
"Mag States"

And I really hope that Tomoko sees Ryuusei either transforming or communicating with Tachibana.

Also, Virgo, when will you go battle mode and fight the Riders?

Plus, I will agree that the Zodiart this time looks like an homage to 555's Orphenochs.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I'm surprised Kengo didn't password lock the Switch console. Since he was really pissed off that much.
Devilbat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade/W

Post by Devilbat »

A Hand Switch? Really? He already has Magic Hand why the hell does he need another one? So Ryuusei decides to henshin into Meteor in the open and with Yuuki only a couple feet in front of him? Not a very smart way to keep your identity secret, not for long at least. Gentarou is sometimes to much of an idiot "This is Kengo's job and pretty much all he's been doing before I even came along, I'm gonna give it to this guy who just joined the club and who I was suspicious about until recently! Kengo won't mind at all!" retard. I hope that Kengo picks up on his childhood friend sending him obvious I like you signals in the next episode. Speaking of the next episode, new form! Magnet States is what I assume it'll be called.

Overall this week's episode was kind of meh with only a few interesting things happening here and there. Here's hoping next week's episode picks up the pace again.
"It's... showtime." -Haruto Souma/Kamen Rider Wizard

archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Ryuusei has been very cocky with him changing into Meteor. If someone doesn't spot him putting the belt on. One of them is gonna notice he vanishes every time Meteor shows up.
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama

Post by Leonite Rider »

While I do agree Gen-chan was acting a bit stupid in regards to this episode... you do have to remember that Gen-chan, when it comes to logic, is an idiot.

He's like Kamina of Gurren Lagann. An idiot, but hotblooded enough and friendly enough to be an awesome good guy.

Lets just hope he doesn't share.... other traits of Kamina's
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Look out, its a chinese new year!

In lieu of typing other things, this.

Remember this week's lesson, its lonely out in space. On such a timeless flight.
Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W

Post by Doguso »

The hand switch is a bit weird, but the double magnet switch makes sense. This is slightly visible in the previews but I'll spoiler tag it in case.

Spoiler
We can see in the preview that Gen gets a new form. I'm pretty sure it's the magnet switches that form change Fourze. So far his forms are elec, fire and now magnets. Those are 3 of the largest forces in astrophysics. Electricity is more or less obvious (interactions between atoms, electric nebulas, etc), fire/heat is at the core of fusion/fission based reactions and an aftermath (the sun, supernova), and magnets are also a big force in the universe (planetary poles, an offset of electricity, etc). I think we can predict what other forces would be as a result. I'm waiting to see how they handle gravity and light... or if they'll do some kind of dark matter final form (that'd be cool).
JTanzer
Adventure
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by JTanzer »

Kind of a piece-moving episode. In an effort to A) give Ryussei a purpose in the KRC (a greater one than the other kids), B) give Kengo an excuse to reunite with the club/accept Ryussei next episode, and C) setup a new states, they had to move everything into position and some of it was pretty clumsy. I get why Kengo was so upset—the switches were his father's legacy—the whole character conflict was pretty childish. Yes, they are children, but that doesn't make the conflict entertaining to watch. The big problem, I think, was the direction. We had a pretty serious character conflict and it was clashing with the general tone of the show in an awkward way, like the director wasn't really confident in handling more genuine emotion.

I did like the rest of the club's extreme awkwardness at sitting in the middle of the argument though.

Rest of the episode was decent enough for a first half. Even if it was awkward, there was some good development for our heroic trio. I like the detail that Yuuki designs the Foodroids. It explains why they are so un-Kengo-like and cuteish. Reasonably cool Zodiarts. Like the design, but the fact that it's just following orders takes some of the uniqueness away, I think. Hopefully we get in her/his head a little more next episode in some way that connects it thematically to the Gen/Ken/Ryu conflict. Like I said, pieces were moved, lots of setup. Hopefully they capitalize on it next episode.

Looking forward to the new State. Hopefully we get a cool fight next episode. Watching characters punch a moving wall loses it's luster quickly.

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”