View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 KR Fourze 21 released 
Team Baron
Team Baron

Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Meant to have this in the post last week:
The fun digging group: Queen/President, Hot-headed Friendship man, Spiritual sense Goth girl, Info guy

Kengo-kun appeal group: Space otaku, Shine shine, Apprentice

Run away from home: Regular at the infirmary

Miu mentions an AO admission which I had to look up:
This was mostly pioneered by Keio University, and hey, they have an English webpage:
http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/en/admissions ... pm_ei.html
They call it their "Self-recommended admission" on that page. I think it's basically an admission that focuses on the interview.

So far Libra's turned into people that the Switchers know. This is the first time it's someone else. (Who was that lady by the way? A suit actress? She was pretty good)

That's kind of funny. Just noticed that Haruka hits Kijima with the fan when she confiscates it.

Heh at the Shun face as he's at the drinking fountain. Guess he was exhausted from running.

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/keyword/%BC%F7%B8 ... F%B2%A4%EB
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jugemu
Fuck the Rakugo club. That long ass thing is the name of a kid from the Rakugo story Jugemu. The full name:
じゅげむじゅげむ ごこうのすりきれ かいじゃりすいぎょの すいぎょうまつうんらいまつふうらいまつ
くうねるところにすむところ やぶらこうじのぶらこうじ ぱいぽぱいぽぱいぽのしゅーりんがん
しゅーりんがんのぐーりんだい ぐーりんだいのぽんぽこぴーのぽんぽこなーの ちょうきゅうめいのちょうすけ

Jugemu Jugemu Gokou-no surikire Kaijarisuigyo-no Suigyoumatsu Unraimatsu Fuuraimatsu Kuunerutokoro-ni Sumutokoro Yaburakouji-no burakouji Paipopaipo Paipo-no-shuuringan Shuuringan-no Guurindai Guurindai-no Ponpokopii-no Ponpokonaa-no Choukyuumei-no Chousuke

And the joke about Tuesday is that it's the same phrase but different depending on the spacing/punctuation?
Nani? Kayou kai? "What? Tuesday?"
Nani ka you kai? "What can I do for you?"

Preview:

From the title for next week's episode:
Bagyaku 馬脚 【ばきゃく】 (exp,n) give oneself away, reveal one's true colors, reveal one's true colours
The kanji mean "horse leg"

Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:58 am
Profile WWW
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Favorite Band: Pat Benatar
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "OMG, OMG, UF2HLP!" - Darwin
"Dude, text lingo is for phones. We use real words when we talk with our mouths." - Gumball
Can we have the Elec switch back? It's the only one out of the three "Look at Gentarou pose in the OP and hold the switch" I've actually liked. (~~)

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:22 pm
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2ndFavoriteSeries: Boukenger/Shinkenger
I think the tweaks to the opening make it flow a little smoother than the first version with Meteor's addition. And four songs played in one episode? Might be a Rider record. I'm not very fond of Shooting Star (yet - Giant Step took a while to grow on me), but Endless Play sounded great at the end.

Not sure what to think about this episode. Even thought it's Nao, the teacher's apathy was contagious and made me feel indifferent to what was happening. The course guidance scenes were funny though. I can see this episode setting up at least three future conflicts - Yuuki being offered a chance to study abroad, Miu having to decide whether to help with a Zodiarts battle or going to her admission interview, and the school following through with their threat and holding Kengo back a year so that he's with JK and Nozoma. Maybe a fourth if Shun loses his recommendation because of who he's hanging around with.

Ryuusei's suspicious of Hayami. We had a shot in Hayami's debut episode where Nozoma seemed to realize that his catchphrase was the same as what Scorpion said when offering someone a switch. Is the Club going to put all this together before Hayami fails one too many times to create a new Horoscope? And speaking of Horoscopes, I wonder if the closeup on Kengo when Hayami says Sonoda is in bad shape is because he’s starting to put together that Sonoda was the woman that appeared when Scorpion was defeated, or if it’s just sympathy since he knows what it’s like to feel sick.

An pseudo-OOO reference for what looks like an OOO weapon? Nice.

The whole “Where’s Ryuusei?” shtick is getting less believable every time they do it.

It feels like it’s been a while since Shun’s gotten any focus. Nice to see him get a moment apart from the rest to shine.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:55 am
Crossing a Millennium

Favorite series: Garo
Quote: “All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”
-Edgar Allan Poe
I love how Fourze just hitches a ride on Meteor's bike.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:07 pm
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

It would be interesting if Hayumi will give another chance for the student he was give the Switch to. Poor Nozuma, she was interested in kickboxing but the coach didn't want anything to do with her. It was obvious in the first few minutes that Haruka was the Switcher but it's interesting that she wasn't chosen to be one.

I really like Virgo without the cloak. The wings really look good on her.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:18 pm
Rank Gone due to timeline changes

Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor
LOL @ Nao's kick ruining Gen's hair. And @ Gen saying: another horse?

Nice how they stopped Meteor's song for 4z henshin and then resumed it.

Nice old school bike rider kick, Meteor. I guess Marty's skateboard from back to the future is really handy whil fighting kaijin.

Shun was very funny this ep. Ohsugi sensei, on the other hand, isn't very amusing. And they're already starting to notice how Ryusei disappears during the fights.

Nao looked amazing while kickboxing. I hope she stays in the series, at least for a while.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:16 pm
Faiz

Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
UUUUUUCCCCCCCHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU KIIII-

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:16 am
Profile WWW
Kamen Knight

Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2ndFavoriteSeries: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Now, count up your crimes!
Ok, loved the episode and all... but GOD to I hate the finishing song. And its not the fault of the show either, in Climax Heroes Fourze, you usally enter a "Climax Time" when one person's health is low enough, with the currently out opponent's series theme/battle theme, remixed and voiceless, playing (Blade-Brave would play for Garren, for example, and Ride the Wind for Decade)

The ONLY exception to this happens to be Fourze, who has two songs, Step Up's climax time remix.... and THAT song. And I always prefer a Climax Time tune to it, as you're busy fighting, you don't want to be distracted by a vocal track.

Also (End trailer spoiler warning)

Super Hero Wars.

For those wondering, its been said that the main characters are Marv-chan... and Tsukasa (Which is obvious on reflection, given that Decade is the other KamenRider on the keychain). And that every last Kamen Rider, Super Sentai team, and a few extras, are going to be showing up and fighting. Word on the grapevine is that they had trouble getting enough suit actors.

Anyone else excited?

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:48 am
Gabu

Favorite series: Sentai
2ndFavoriteSeries: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard,
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Kamen Rider Gaim
Ressha Sentai ToQger
Leonite Rider wrote:
Ok, loved the episode and all... but GOD to I hate the finishing song. And its not the fault of the show either, in Climax Heroes Fourze, you usally enter a "Climax Time" when one person's health is low enough, with the currently out opponent's series theme/battle theme, remixed and voiceless, playing (Blade-Brave would play for Garren, for example, and Ride the Wind for Decade)

The ONLY exception to this happens to be Fourze, who has two songs, Step Up's climax time remix.... and THAT song. And I always prefer a Climax Time tune to it, as you're busy fighting, you don't want to be distracted by a vocal track.

Also (End trailer spoiler warning)

Super Hero Wars.

For those wondering, its been said that the main characters are Marv-chan... and Tsukasa (Which is obvious on reflection, given that Decade is the other KamenRider on the keychain). And that every last Kamen Rider, Super Sentai team, and a few extras, are going to be showing up and fighting. Word on the grapevine is that they had trouble getting enough suit actors.

Anyone else excited?

Response to Leonite Rider's Spoiler tag...

Yes, I'm excited to see that movie. When I saw Marvelous at the end of a "Rider" vid, I was thinking, "No... way... are they... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: YES! THEY ARE YA-HA!"

As for the episode, pretty entertaining. I'm pretty sure that Gentarou is going to have a fear of horses when he's done fighting Zodiarts. He's had to fight two of them, and I'm not sure how many other horse-like constellations are left after those two. Virgo, wow, nice battle outfit. Going to kick myself in the butt if Virgo turns out to be an okama. That would just kick a lot of people.

As for the next episode:

Rider in school, haven't seen that since W's net movies.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:53 am
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: 555/Blade/Kabuto
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gingaman
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Whenever you see a dangerous man walking slowly towards you with a loud and looming god choir chanting in the background... just fucking run."
Loved Oosugi at the beginning. The little fakeness exchange between Ryuusei and Hayami was also fun.

Interesting to see a Zodiarts that Libra doesn't control. I don't want Libra to be sent to the shadow realm Dark Nebula, though. I'm starting to like him! Honestly, though, I find it difficult to really get into any of these characters. I'm not sure what it is, maybe most of them just get too little screentime. Or focus anyway. That said, it was nice to see some Shun in this ep.

I feel for you, Tomoko.

They're not even trying with Ryuusei's disappearances. I don't know what to think. Why did it take this long for him to realize that he's suspicious? The "I'm a coward" excuse worked well the first time but now that he's part of KRC it's too weird for him to just disappear. Can't he cry mommy or something to make it more believable? lol Not that anyone cares, either nobody suspects anything or everybody already knows.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:46 am
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Favorite series: OOO
2ndFavoriteSeries: Decade
Favorite Actor?: Ryosuke Miura
Favorite Band: Alice Nine
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Shock A Lacka
Quote: it's not the destination,it's the journey
come on now, Ryuusei just literally walked away and Meteor showed up...
if the characters are smart enough to figure out that the teacher is the Zodiarts then how in the hell do they not connect the dots to Meteor?? -_-

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:35 pm
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Favorite series: Ryuki
2ndFavoriteSeries: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Nago/IXA
Quote: "Everybody thinks of changing the world, but nobody thinks of changing themselves"
(Disregard what was previously on this post. I mis-read what Takenoko said about the woman Libra turned into)

Seeing Ms Nao again was very nice (big Hurricanger fan here). She looks very different with those glasses.

Other: Gransazer

Watching:
KR: V3, Stronger, OOO
SS: Dai, Aba, Gokai
Other: Justiriser

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:00 pm
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

It would be funny if the Club asking where Ryuusei went during fights was just a big fakeout on Ryuusei but that would be too awesome to use though.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:07 pm
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:37 pm
Salami Commander

is the pink sweater girl the same girl accel thrashed in his movie? :lol:

fourze goes x-games :shock:

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next