Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Gokaiger 49 released

Post by takenoko »

Heh, so Navi literally becomes a door that's chained by 35 locks and the greatest treasure in the universe is literally the Triforce. Speaking of which, now's a good time for plugging this link:
http://kotaku.com/5823249/the-real-hist ... e-triforce
There's more to the Triforce than Zelda!

So the Grand Powers turns Navi into a door, the keys unlock them, and the treasure is literally the cosmic forge that creates all reality in the universe. What?! I can accept that the Earth has a bunch of powerful super heroes on it, but now we're the center of the universe and God lives in the core of our planet. I always hate it when stories do that since that kind of breaks the realism of things. Up to this point Earth was just another planet that was threatened by Zangyack just like any other planet.

"Hi random guest stars! Sorry you didn't get an episode for yourselves. But we've got to wrap this up somehow."

Insaan must be smart. She figured out that you during the long explosion sequence you can just jump out of the cockpit. Considering how EVERY sentai villain has instant teleport away ability, it seems like there's no excuse to ever die by being trapped in something.

Yes, Marvelous, run away from the big fleet XD
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Re: Gokaiger 49 released

Post by Barim »

All the straining to keep the number of Sugomin per screen down to two... The only times you actually see all four, whether they be red or blue, so much CGI is covering them, that it becomes impossible to tell whether they are really there or inserted. Or did they finally make more suits...

49 and still not over? What was the last series that ended later in a year than it started? (As in, ran for over a year)

Power of creation? It kinda works if you wonder why only Earth has such protection as the Sentai, while few other planets even have 1 team.

Choi-Choi indeed. That guy keeps having a darker and darker personality for someone who talks and acts so lighthearted...

Also, preview spoilers

Spoiler
Was that Goushi, or whatever the Black Zyu Ranger is called again?
If so, does that mean we now actually had at least 1 out of suit actor per series?
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by jonty »

takenoko wrote:... and the treasure is literally the cosmic forge that creates all reality in the universe. What?!
Well, if you were generous, you could interpret the treasure as being an object that just has the ability to re-write the universe. It doesn't necessarily say that it is responsible for the current reality. You could also argue that the treasure was somehow borne of the fact that that 34 groups of super heroes have put so much spirit/mojo/heart/what-have-you into protecting the Earth. That would also sort of explain why this power found itself to be in the center of the Earth.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

LAME. So, those 5 legends where just watching the Gokaigers from the sacred realm and showed up in a white magic place to give them the powers?

I think they could've had their own episodes. Gokaiger had plenty of episodes without cameos. But since Basco took their powers so that he wouldn't look useless, they could've at least made an entire episode or a double ep with all those guys, each giving the Gokaigers a trial...

That being said, LOL @ Gai's face. And what's up with that reaction, Gai? Dead people gave you your power.

The fight was ok. But Insaan deserved a better ending than that, even if she ended up being used the same way. They really lost the chance to focus on the villains after Gil died. Damaras and Insaan just disappeared after that and then were thrown away without development.

And I don't really understand why they needed Insaan to win time. It's not like hte Gokaigers would be able to stop the armada and Akudos doesn't know about the treasure's power... In fact, if the Zangyack were also after the powers, things mght've been more interesting.
myman88
Gao
Location: Closer to Japan than the common TVN person, but still so far away.

Post by myman88 »

Well, they had to make it because it really is supposed to be "The Greatest Treasure in the Universe". If they went the other direction and made it so like it was something like: "The bond between your team is the greatest treasure" or something cliched like that, wouldn't you feel cheapened too? Personally, I thought they did a good job on the treasure, it even gave them kind of a hesitant thought about how it would completely erase all 34 (and probably themselves too) teams before them.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Issan's last episode sucked. The character was badly used to begin with. But she just stood there and took the Rising Strike. They should of done a better fight earlier. I did like that her mecha was a joke on Wolkaizer though. Hmm plot hole. Why don't the Gokaigers just kill the Gill family. Erasing them to power. This would cause a paradox and the legend war wouldn't happen. Thus no one losses power and no one loses their homes. Win win situation. The powers are used up in the initial wish. But restored once they change history. This doesn't affect the 34 past villains at all.

preview spoilers

Spoiler
Yes Goushi comes back. This means one person from every series has showed up. But the Tyrano Shield power up has a mistake. They forgot to put the Gold Dino Buckler on him.
Last edited by archer9234 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
escher911
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Battle Fever J
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Natsumikan
Favorite Actor?: Edward Norton
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Magic: the Gathering
Quote: Tell me what you eat, and I'll tell you who you are.

Post by escher911 »

I'm actually glad that the Greatest Treasure was in fact a Triforce (we all know how powerful those things are) as opposed to Friendship or Companionship which I dreaded that it would be from the beginning. Around episode 4 I was saying "If the last episode is AkaRed saying 'Through your many battles you have discovered the Greatest Treasure, it is within all of you!' I'm going to shoot someone." So as silly as an item to reshape the universe is, it could have been a lot worse... just sayin'!
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

The item is fine. The design is whats stupid. They should of done something original. And make a Boukenger precious reference to boot.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I remember thinking a while back that if the "greatest treasure" turned out to be "friendship" or some bullshit like that, I'd be very disappointed.

That said, wow. I'm definitely impressed with the writing here. The power to rewrite everything is definitely worth the whole universe.
TooBlooForYou
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: W & Goseiger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O & Gokaiger
Dreamy: gokai yellow ;D
Favorite Actor?: gokai yellow ;P
Quote: "ummmmm......DESU!"

Post by TooBlooForYou »

not a really good episode, i feel like its a bit too late for the final fleet to arrive.. then again this series is 55 eps long which is longer than usual. gokaiger actually is a decently good sentai but definitely not the best, at the start it was great but now just blahh! gobusters doesnt look all that interesting too either but then again thats what i thought about goseiger and now it became my fav sentai of all time.

Watching: Gobusters, Agito & Fourze
Finished: Gokaiger, Goseiger, Faiz, Blade, Shinkenger, Decade, W, Den-O and OOO
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Huh? It's 51 episodes long, not 55.
Go-Busters doesn't start on March 24th.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Go-Busters starts this month
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

I quite liked the episode. The only thing that I didn't like was Insaan going out to battle, I believed she had so much potential as a character but then... that Carranger Episode... oh gosh! Hahahhaa

I loved the Gokai Changes into the powers that were part of the Grand Powers that were approved. At least Maskman didn't consist of Joe changing into nothing and going through that mist. (The original Henshin was really awkward ROFL)

For the Greatest Treasure in the Universe I thought it would have been something quite cheesy like "a home" or "love" or "friendship" or a medal or something but that compensation was just as great. But I've been thinking, if they changed reality and obliterated Zangyack in the book of history, would they retain their memories or would they forget everything and move on with their lives?

Preview
Spoiler
MAMMOTH RANGER GOUSHI!! FINALLY ZYURANGER APPEARS!!! I wish he appeared earlier... well I kinda wished for Mei to appear since she is a great parallel to Ahim
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Wow, this really feels like Gokaiger is the final of the old Super Sentai. Erasing all the power of 34 Super Sentai means an excuse for Toei to start fresh without having old Sentai alumni reference ever again.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

You must be new to Sentai.

Obviously if they actually go through with using the Greatest Treasure in the Universe, they're going to find some way around that whole "Erasing past Sentai from existence" thing, and even if they don't you can bank on the fact that Toei will still reference past Sentai whenever they can get away with it.

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”