Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Fourze 22 released

Post by takenoko »

/me looks at the cast page

Damn it, looks like Rakugo guy is a regular now.

Huh, so they still haven't shown Leo yet. Maybe Leo is red eyes guy?

I wonder if Nao will be a regular too. She's no on the cast page, but her picture is under the Kamen Rider Club diagram page under the teacher section.

As for the episode, pretty good use of misdirection, if not for the fact that they gave away the identity of the guy right away with him wincing from being punched in the stomach. Totally wasn't expecting a Horoscopes to be born in this episode.

Loved how JK nearly walked into Ryuusei transforming.

Oh man, the part where they explain the fire alarm switch being broken is pretty funny.

In the light that Kijima is a crazy stalker, it makes him knowing about her habit of rubbing her face when lying a lot more creepy.

Trivia:
鬼島夏児 Kijima Natsuji. The family name means "oni island". At least it's not Onigashima, am I right? And Natsuji means "summer child". So what's this an anagram of?

Preview:
Spoiler
That voice sounds familiar. Is that girl someone we know?

One more thing, is the agro guy Metal Dopant? Then who's the enthusiastic guy who keeps trying to get people to join him in kickboxing against the world?

Edit, whoa, I just got to the end where Ryuusei explains his reasoning. I actually had to go back and reword Virgo's line so that it became a better clue for Ryuusei.
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Re: KR Fourze 22 released

Post by Magenta »

So take, how are you liking the idea of having several more episodes of rakugo to deal with?

Should be fun, right

I mean if the 'umaku' pun is anything to go by being an outed zodiart isn't going to stop him being utterly atrocious D:
ima sugu shutsudoukable
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

So let me get this right. In order to be a Horoscope, you have to surpass Last One which makes the central star become very bright. And then basically, reemerge with your body?

That last part seems to be way too easy to do. There should be something more to it. If this is the case, then Libra should just use the bodies and immediately merge them to create at least two Horoscopes by now.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Guess I should explain the puns

Thanks to Mag for this:
http://prayforsato.blogspot.com/2011/09/201195.html
I didn't know the tea joke was so involved!

The gist is, some guys are talking about scary stuff and one guy says "I'm scared of manju!" He's so shaken that he goes and lies down in the next room. The other guys go "Well this guy is a load of laughs." So they go in town and buy a manju and present it to him on a pillow. The guy yells out "I'm so very scared!" ...all the while he's stuffing his face with manju.

So the guys go "Okay, so what are you actually scared of?"
And he says, "I'm scared of a single cup of bitter tea."

For the entertainment joke, he puns "hodo/amount" and "hodou/footpath". 歩道. Then he says Arukanai yo which means "They can't walk on this." Then he says the same thing but with different spacing: "aru ka? nai yo" "Is there anything like this? Nope!"
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Those puns are painful, and I usually like puns.

You know that something that you thought was trivial is actually important when they spend the first few seconds of the recap lingering on it. Even if I never believed the teacher was the Zodiarts, the fire alarm “switch” was a very nice bit of in-universe misdirection.

Looks like Libra (whoops) Virgo and Meteor are developing quite the relationship. I’m guessing their encounters will keep escalating until he gets an upgrade and can finally take her out, along the lines of Accel (Trial) and Weather Dopant's confrontation. Her feather letter was a pretty cool method of communication. Does that mean that Amanogawa is the name of the whole city, not just the school?

So a Switcher’s clothing and body is affected by what happens when they’re a Zodiarts just the same as if they were in their normal human form. Interesting tidbit to learn. Should also be interesting to see what happens with a Horoscopes whose identity the Club is aware of.

But Club...think about it...how did Ryuusei see Meteor land a kick on Pegasus when he wasn't around? These overlooked hints at Meteor’s identity probably wouldn’t bother me so much if they hadn’t established that all of the Club members are capable of figuring out who a Switcher is based on less information than they’ve got with Meteor/Ryuusei. At least it was only half the club that missed something so obvious, since Yuuki didn’t start the video feed until right after Ryuusei’s accusation.

Couple other random thoughts:
-This episode featured a lot of different Switches, and some really good combinations.
-Oosugi’s line about Gentarou stealing Kengo’s act cracked me up.
-Open door - see Fourze crouched on the ground - shut door. I think that’s what my reaction would be too.
-Foodroid Mama Yuuki. Adorably awesome.
Last edited by PHurricane on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Looks like Libra and Meteor are developing quite the relationship.

??? I think you mean Virgo. I figured it out because you referred to her as a "her".

>These overlooked hints at Meteor’s identity probably wouldn’t bother me so much if they hadn’t established that all of the Club members are capable of figuring out who a Switcher is based on less information than they’ve got with Meteor/Ryuusei.

Yeah, that bothers me too, probably more than it should. It's just a blatant inconsistency that challenges ones suspension of disbelief.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

so Pegasus becomes Cancer Horoscopes... THE f***!!!!!!!!!! And I didn't know that in order to become a horoscope that a zodiarts needed their body thrown at them o.o... I wonder why they didn't do that earlier in the series.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Huh? It was shown quite clearly during Sonoda's flashback.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

I wanted to post this last week. Every time Gen's regent would get blown away by the kick it reminded me of this clip from Shaolin Soccer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exMmixM3b3Q

didja see the one inch punch?

Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

Eh, if this is anything like Megaman Star Force/Ryuusei no Rockman/Shooting Star Rockman, Cancer will go down quickly and will be weaker than the other Horoscopes.

Horay for possibly shout out gags.

Anyway, I had to double check when Gentarou broke out Stealth again. We haven't seen that in use since the Pryxis episodes.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

OOOKaiser wrote:so Pegasus becomes Cancer Horoscopes... THE f***!!!!!!!!!! And I didn't know that in order to become a horoscope that a zodiarts needed their body thrown at them o.o... I wonder why they didn't do that earlier in the series.
It's not the only requirment. It won't work unless their star shines brightly enough. Sono-chan didn't get her body thrown at her, it just re-merged with her since it was lying right next to her and her star was shining.

Also, in Star Force, while Cancer Bubble is one of the earlier optional bosses, he's not really a pushover in battle either, since he has many attacks that can't be dodged, only blocked.

On them still not having figured out Ryusei's identity, while it's not a complete justification, at least no one is actually actively attempting to unmask Meteor.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Nice 1 inch punch, meteor.

Metal Dopant.

LOL @ Nao's recation to 4z.

Come on, Pegasus, You don't get in the way of Uchuu Kitaaa! Poor Yuki almost lost her timing.

Nice to see Gen actually using the switches in battle. And nice Nao action. I'm really happy that she'll be around.

How can you complain about having personal classes with Nao, Gen?

Shouldn't pegasus become sagittarius? That guy is a cool villain.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Seemed a bit to easy. If all was needed was the body again, then why didn't Libra do it with the last two he was trying to evolve. At least they know his identity.

Is there any relation between Pegasus and Cancer in any mythology like there was Scorpion and the Canus Minor? I couldn't find anything (although I didn't look very hard).
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Catastrophe wrote:Seemed a bit to easy. If all was needed was the body again, then why didn't Libra do it with the last two he was trying to evolve.
Probably because just tossing the body at it is not enough. Isn't it obvious? Pegasus was just ready to evolve.
TooBlooForYou
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: W & Goseiger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O & Gokaiger
Dreamy: gokai yellow ;D
Favorite Actor?: gokai yellow ;P
Quote: "ummmmm......DESU!"

Post by TooBlooForYou »

great episode, im sure meteor will be the one to exterminate virgo later on in the series now. didnt see as much meteor in this ep as i want too though aww, my fav rider :/ but next ep, dude that zodiart looks robotic. AND COOL. cant wait to see it

Watching: Gobusters, Agito & Fourze
Finished: Gokaiger, Goseiger, Faiz, Blade, Shinkenger, Decade, W, Den-O and OOO

Return to “Kamen Rider Fourze”