Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
KnightLight
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Protecting the planet is a Knights duty

Re: Go-Busters 01 released

Post by KnightLight »

The unsung hero is always the one who records devices voices, other then people bitching about three words this will be a good series, again i know im annoying with this, but at the end of the day we are all enjoying a kids show. There will be sentai we like, a sentai we dont like because its all opinions at the end of the day, hell i liked Jungle fury over Gekiranger, it was to silly for me as i watched it from a martial artitsts prospective, i liked rpm over go-onger as well, at the same time i liked magiranger over mystic force and the samurai adaption is just bad, i know they had alot they couldnt work around but still, its like..extreme racial stereotypes sometimes, ive always prefered knights to samurai anyway, but still its all opinions on what you like and you shouldnt really care what people say what they think is bad or good. i mean i know this is annoying to but when that unofficial sentai akiba ranger comes out, ill probably bitch about it and daggers of death will be stared at me.
princesivaXD
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by princesivaXD »

:) First of all Congratz for an awesome 2900th release.. It surely Deserves it..!
Now lets get to the point..
The was really an cool episode.. :wink:

Pros : The Story Plot, The Busters, Buddyroids, Enter, Red Buster's Bike, Super Car and Go-Buster Ace..
The OP was awesome.
The Episodes being called Missions.
The Arrival of Red Buster..
Red Buster makes me feel like he's an Kamen Rider! ;-)
They got cool weapons..
I know this series got an lot of power rangers references, but im okay with them except the transformation sequence.
Im okay with villain's robots being called Megazords..
It somewhat feels like Go-Busters indirectly commemorates the 20th anniversary of power rangers.. May be..!

Cons : Lolz@, the throwing of the Sun glasses.. :roll:
The Transformation sequences doesn't match the Busters and gives me an odd feel..
It could have been like "Busters Ready?, OK,Lets Henshin!"

Final Note : This is my first time writing an review of an release in TV-Nihon.. Im sorry if i was noobish or dumb. :lol:
Camzero1
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka from Gokaiger
Favorite Actor?: Shu Watanabe
Favorite Band: Don't Know
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Core Medals!!!
Quote: I Like Cereeeeeal!!!

Post by Camzero1 »

Here's my take on Go-Busters :D :

Pros: Was everything i thought it was and that is ok, pretty decent start for the new sentai team. I Like Enter (maybe the next Buredoran/Basco?) Go-Buster Ace was epic (reminds me of a Gundam with the eyes)!!! 8) .

Cons: Hate the morphin brace name and sounds (the voice is good enough for me though, will grow to like it) :x . The sounds from it when Blue and Yellow henshin scenes.....too too too lame {should have been like when RedBuster henshins in the episode}!! And the name, Morphin Brace, it could of been named the Buster Brace and i would have been fine but Morphin Brace....come on :oops: !!! It's Morphin Time {Let's Morphin} could be It's Bustin' Time {Let's Gooooo-Buster}. Let's Drivingg could be Time to Drive.

Anyway, Busters ready, go!! :)
Last edited by Camzero1 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gokai Change!

{Presses GokaiSilver Button}

{{Presses Button On Top Of GokaiCellular}}

{{{GokaiCellular Scans GokaiSilver Ranger Key}}}

GooooookaiSilver!
(yes, i put GooooookaiSilver! instead of Gooooookaiger!)
KnightLight
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Protecting the planet is a Knights duty

Post by KnightLight »

could always be worse, i mean what if the budget is so drained from all of gokaiger that the episodes are just going to drop in quality after the first few?
V Stealth Robo
Infinity

Post by V Stealth Robo »

Definitely picked up on the references to Power Rangers and Kamen Rider.

CB-01 picking up Hiromu felt a lot like a reference to Den-O. I didn't mind the live transformations as it felt like Big One all over again. On the other hand, the buddyroids are making me think about a few Metal Hero series as well as Transformers: Headmasters. Loved seeing the odd reference to Roger Rabbit as well.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

KnightLight wrote:could always be worse, i mean what if the budget is so drained from all of gokaiger that the episodes are just going to drop in quality after the first few?
Go Buster is a different show. They aren't using all the stuff Gokaiger had to use. But effects will drop. Right now, the show is at budget with the first few eps. But after 5, they go over budget and stop doing heavy FX work. And do bottle shows. As long as the writers don't do things like Goseiger. The series should be fine.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i think they use that cgi in the mecha because they needed to gave the feeling of speed, but i heard the other two will have far less cgi.(i don't care as long as the mechas fight are still as enjoyable as this one)
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

archer9234 wrote:
hisakuya wrote:I wonder how Power Rangers be able to reimagine the story since a lot of important bits are embedded. How will they explain that Megazords are not evil since during the summoning, the word Megazord is blatantly shown.
They ask for the raw footage that doesn't contain the text overlays. Or digitally remove it. Fixed for PR footage.
[/quote]

I don't really see how it'll be a problem for Power Rangers if the baddies' mechs are called Megazords. I mean, going all the way back to MMPR, the Dragonzord originally belonged to Rita and (according to dialog from Squatt and Baboo) was hard for her to keep under control. There's always been a precedent for evil Megazords, it's just that the GoBusters adaptation will have them as customizable giant mooks rather than eventual upgrades to the Rangers' arsenal.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

maybe it will be a sequel to RPM
Spoiler
and Venjix creates them based on the rpm powers of the morpher he sended his data to
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Could be worse. Instead of saying Let's Morphin. They could say 'Let's Rocket.' (MMPR in Space reference)
And when they get into the vehicle. 'Shift into turbo'
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Kuchiri wrote:Could be worse. Instead of saying Let's Morphin. They could say 'Let's Rocket.' (MMPR in Space reference)
They're saving that for the post-series V-Cinema starring the children of the GoBusters.
Kalsembar
Gao
Favorite series: Dairanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Let's Morphin'!"

Post by Kalsembar »

I'm saying it now, I love that they say, "It's morphin' time!"

It's because I love engrish. It's hilarious to me. I just imagine that as cool as our culture thinks it is to use "foreign" words that other cultures must feel the same way.

Also, in today's modern world, I'm certain it would be little to no problem to have properly conjugated English phrases. Hell, English is a very commonly taught language in Japan. To their demographic, it probably just sounds cooler that way.

Seemed like a pretty cool first ep overall, I like the theme and it was implemented much better than I thought it would be judging from the promos.

Looking forward to a great year of Sentai, thanks TVN!
Kalsembar
Gao
Favorite series: Dairanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Let's Morphin'!"

Post by Kalsembar »

Kuchiri wrote:Could be worse. Instead of saying Let's Morphin. They could say 'Let's Rocket.' (MMPR in Space reference)
I say, "Shift into turbo!" most times when I speed up whilst driving on the interstate/freeway. I hated Turbo, but that catch-phrase stuck with me like super-glue.

My wife is not impressed. :lol:
HIDragonstar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo, Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojiro
Dreamy: Kaoru, Kotoha,Wakana

Post by HIDragonstar »

*Twitch*

*Twitch*

Well, truthfully, I really don't like all the MMPR references in this. I grew up with Super Sentai at the beginning with Go-Ranger, till Battle Fever J. I used to play with my friends being Big One, and Aoi-ranger and Battle Kenya. Then I 'grew up' and didn't try and look for them as much. After MMPR made me start looking for the originals again and watching them, I managed with the Japanese Video Stores for a while. Then coming here and discovering a true source I could understand again. It really makes me feel that MMPR is the upstart that looses too much in the localization, and they really need to watch Sentai to fully understand.

The references, just irks me right now because it feels like a 3rd generation copy. Super Sentai, copying a copy of itself and putting it into the show. Getting past parts of it, took 1/4th of a bottle of honey wine, and A&W Root Beer. I think I might be able to handle it later, just its a shock to my system seeing something I detest in something I find I enjoyable.

I find the story interesting. It seems it has a bit of an 'Evagenlion' bit behind it. Apparently, only certain people could use the brace, and only 3 children were chosen (right now) to use them. Something happened 13 years ago (my guess that explosion in the beginning) that made them the only ones who can fight. I have no idea with the 'Frozen' bit in the beginning though.

The sunglasses strangely don't affect me that much. Though, I find it kinda stupid that they do throw off one set, and put on another set with the brace. I do like the timer, timers are always a favorite of mine. It gives a sense or urgency and pressure. Also, it looks like this season property values will be going down, and insurance rates will be going up. Usually we don't see that level of damage unless its the last few episodes.

I started to mull things over, and after certain things started to bother me just a little. After discussing it with a friend (yes he's the one that over analyzes things) we came to conclusion that it might be possible, but very unlikely. Many of the 'speaking scenes' people are either covering their mouths, facing away from the camera, mentioning things that seem not needed, or are so far away so that we can't quite see their mouth with major detail. Could it be, that this 'version' of Super Sentai, when it gets converted to Powder Strangers, might actually become a dub instead of a localization (subs are still the best of all though). Its easier to time words when you have trouble seeing the mouth. I would like to hope so, but I find it very unlikely. I would rather have a Japanese based dub, than an American one.
People say that the real world isn't black or white, its shades of gray. I prefer to think its a rainbow spectrum, when any color is dark enough, its black, when any color is light enough, its white. Yet, there is a spectrum of cultures and values.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

HIDragonstar wrote: ...It really makes me feel that MMPR is the upstart that looses too much in the localization, and they really need to watch Sentai to fully understand...

...Super Sentai, copying a copy of itself...

It's important to remember that Power Rangers isn't a copy of Super Sentai. While the plots can be similar at times (To the point of practically being a dub in Samurai's case), it's always able to take things in it's own direction when necessary and (usually) at least tries to bring something new to the table (Like Deker and Dayu's backstory being different from that of Juzo and Tayuu.). That's why I still watch both shows.
HIDragonstar wrote:I started to mull things over, and after certain things started to bother me just a little. After discussing it with a friend (yes he's the one that over analyzes things) we came to conclusion that it might be possible, but very unlikely. Many of the 'speaking scenes' people are either covering their mouths, facing away from the camera, mentioning things that seem not needed, or are so far away so that we can't quite see their mouth with major detail. Could it be, that this 'version' of Super Sentai, when it gets converted to Powder Strangers, might actually become a dub instead of a localization (subs are still the best of all though). Its easier to time words when you have trouble seeing the mouth. I would like to hope so, but I find it very unlikely. I would rather have a Japanese based dub, than an American one.
If anything I'd say Toei will start selling dubbed GoBusters on DVD around the same time the Power Rangers adaptation starts airing. I've heard there were some English-speaking fans petitioning Toei for official local releases of Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, maybe they're considering trying it?

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”