Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 06 released

Post by takenoko »

So the combined mecha uses a lot of energy? Maybe... they should use some kind of power plug in the back to keep the mecha charged. I mean, they already have the underground base from Evangelion, why not steal a few more ideas?

That said, this series is pretty serious stuff for an even year. I don't think we've had this kind of stuff in an even year since 2004's DekaRanger.

Plus this episode was pretty awesome with the action taking place in their underground base. It's a refreshing change of pace from the usual outdoor area, city area, or abandoned warehouse rotation.

What a fitting episode for introducing the combined mecha. Too bad that the main combined mecha is already a cluster fuck. It's a bad sign if your main mecha can't walk on its own.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: Go-Busters 06 released

Post by Arigomi »

While the lesson of "trust your teammates" was very generic, the life lessons typically aren't one of the top reasons why people watch toku.

Once again we see Kuroki being forced to make tough decisions. The attention to detail for the situation with the security doors was really well developed.

I'm surprised at the amount of world building that goes on each episode. Normally we only learn enough details to get a general sense of the world.

Heh. The control panel says "Boost Buster Sword". Cloud from FFVII must be envious. I wonder how often the Ace Blades will end up damaged so that the director can reuse the animation of having an Ace Blade teleported to the Go-Busters from the armory.

An interesting detail about the combined form is the lack of a cockpit that the pilots share. They still remain in separate cabins.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Did anyone wonder what happened to Enter after he left Hanger 07? He could be still be in the base for all we know. I like how the Ace Blade gets upgraded in the gattai. You don't see that very often.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I pointed out a few weeks ago I like how the enetron gauge seem to count down as the battle goes on and it doesn't feel like something they threw in for scene filler. I'm pretty sure we will get scenes where that will the keep on going down. When Gobuster-Oh is combined you can see that it was split into a Red, Blue, and Yellow sections and the storypoint of Hiromu only having half juice is represented nicely there too.

Dimension Slash is a pretty neat finisher. Rarely you see a whole team put all their work into a combo. Sort of Wish they use 'Time for Special Buster' for the final attack launcher.
bradrian
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: POWER RANGERS
Dreamy: Kaoru from Garo
Favorite Band: Too many XD
My boom: Girls XD

Post by bradrian »

I have a feeling that Ace will still get a lot of solo action, because it seems like such a chore to Gattai.
Then again, that sorta thing gets hand-waved a LOT, so ignore me.

This is a badass episode.

On a side note, I've been showing my girlfriend Go-Busters (got another toku addict muwhahahaha) and she fangirls so hard over Enter it scares me.
Just thought I'd throw that in.
samelf
7X

Post by samelf »

SO enter is from the future and has google glasses :P. Any way interesting episode I haven't watched sentai long has it ever took this many episodes for them to combine? Also enter is crazy strong for a well sota human villain he hasn't shown his monster form (assuming he has one he may not!) and he can kick the gobusters butts.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

well...at least they gave and explanation as to way the combined mecha just get the finisher. but, i gonna give them another couple episodes before i give up with this mecha's battles(but seriously, why bother with a 2 vs. 1 if it's only gonna be the finisher?).

Once again, enter has showed us why he is a threat. he not only was able to succesfuly invade the base, he also hacked their computers, re-activated the megazord, enaged the hangar's self-destruction program, trapped two of the three rangers into the hangar to die, kicked red's ass without bothering to see him and succesfully destroy one of their hangars.
I have to say it, once again, Enter won today. the go-busters defeated the metaroid and megazords, but lost the hangar and Enter showed how simple it would be for him to do it again.
haha_4456
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Rina Koike
Favorite Band: Akb 48
Quote: Hissatsu attack part....5!

Post by haha_4456 »

It was a good episode. I thought Ryuji was always the calm and "big brother" of the group even though he was blue. That is why I like his character. However he I thought he was pretty reckless when he threw the Hiromu because he almost stuck between the closing door which would result in instant death. lol. anyway, since the fire extinguisher monster is capable of melting the exit, I am pretty sure they can manipulate him from inside to do that as well, just that the monster is smaller inside. haha. Nice episode anyway.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I'm pretty sure Enter will be trolling the Go-Busters base until he is killed. ((I'm thinking he will be gone somewhere near EPisode 13, then we get Insert, or Shift, or Delete))
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

It is interesting to see that they are worried about an attack from enemy while combining. It is usually taboo in toku's to attack in gattai and only be addressed in one or two episode in some series.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

BusterOh is too bulky. They won't be able to do cool fights with it. I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a longer 2x1 giant fight. In fact the fight was pretty much Oh finishing the megazords.

Enter is a pretty good villain. He had another good plan. I hope the writers don't run out of ideas for his plans, because we had different situations in each episode.

That bit about Ryuji and Hiromu was nice. If only the characters had more charisma... I mean, Nick and Usada are cooler than the busters... Maybe it's the imagin effect.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Hmm, maybe we have to wait until a 5-piece combination to see each Go-buster in the same cockpit? Just like in Go-Onger...
Yunnlong
Adventure
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Sleep is God, now go worship.

Post by Yunnlong »

It must be hard to move in both the Gobuster-Oh suit and Ace's suit. I feel bad for the suit actor.

I'm not all that familiar with Sentai as a whole, so I have a question. In any series in the past, have the enemies actually attacked the team while they were trying to combine in to the giant mech or is Go-Busters the first time they've tried that? It seems like an obvious way to kill the heroes yet I've never seen villains do that in any Sentai series.

I adore Enter. Even when he fails he succeeds. I hope he doesn't get killed off around the quarter mark or becomes incompetent like the Zangyack Empire did.
09MurphyM
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by 09MurphyM »

Arigomi wrote:While the lesson of "trust your teammates" was very generic, the life lessons typically aren't one of the top reasons why people watch toku.

Once again we see Kuroki being forced to make tough decisions. The attention to detail for the situation with the security doors was really well developed.

I'm surprised at the amount of world building that goes on each episode. Normally we only learn enough details to get a general sense of the world.

Heh. The control panel says "Boost Buster Sword". Cloud from FFVII must be envious. I wonder how often the Ace Blades will end up damaged so that the director can reuse the animation of having an Ace Blade teleported to the Go-Busters from the armory.

An interesting detail about the combined form is the lack of a cockpit that the pilots share. They still remain in separate cabins.
That would also explain what happens with some mecha like engine-oh.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Arigomi wrote:While the lesson of "trust your teammates" was very generic, the life lessons typically aren't one of the top reasons why people watch toku.
i have been thinking, and i think this time it was played far better. if we watch the previous episodes, red always tries to do everything on his own, altough he doesn't seem to be aware of it. so yeah, generic aesop, but well written.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”