DaiRanger 50 released

As promised, we would restart this show when the DVDs are out. Well, they're out now
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< ZyuRanger | DaiRanger | MegaRanger >
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Re: DaiRanger 50 released

Post by Masked Rider »

I'm going to keep my post nice and simple: Thank you TV-Nihon crew for working on one of my favorite teams.
DM1
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by DM1 »

Thankyou very much for subbing my favorite Sentai!! Does anyone wonder who is mentoring the next generation of Dai-Ranger at the end?? It would be cool if its Kou!
WHATEVER HAPPENS WILL BE!!!!
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

bradrian wrote: Also, this might be inappropriate, but I'm going to ask this:
Did anyone else's gaydar go off regarding Kazu? Not because he was a stylist, but in the one episode (when they disband the first time) he gave Kameo such a ridiculously loving look it felt sort weird.
(I just wanted to bring it up, don't kill me please).
It's crossed my mind, I'm not going to lie.

He did end up with at least one kid and grandkid, though, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

What I really want to know is, how did he afford all those cars? He had an MG (episode 3) and two Corvettes (the red one was in episode 19, not sure about the other). The red Corvette was a C4, which means it could have been a brand new one back then. The C4 was built between 1983 and 1996, so the OLDEST it could have been was about ten years old, and even ten year old Corvettes aren't cheap. Plus, this is Japan we're talking about: all three of them had to be grey imports (the Corvette has never been sold there officially, and all three cars were left hand drive), and the taxes on the Chevrolets would have been extortionate because of the engine size.

Don't tell me he could buy all those whips, let alone insure them, on a hair dresser's salary.

Maybe he was pimping on the side? It would explain that loud blue suit! :lol:
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

I would really like to know why were they all mud puppets and what was the purpose behind it other than the lame 'to keep appearances'. Hopefully they explained that in the movie or a special video or something!!
The sixth ranger didnt have much of a job here. He wasnt even counted in the last parting scene. It didnt feel like he has an integral essential member of the dairangers. Perhaps if it was an adult rather than a kid it would have been different.
50 years in future seemed a bit odd. I really thought at first it was some joke or dream or something and then it goes back to reality and Doushi appears to them telling its not over and then the Mecha fight happens. But it was not so...
Ah well..the grandkids were really weird. Looks like people will go back to the horrible 80's fashion 50 years in the future! LOL
I cant say I liked this season. Granted it is old and all that...but still the story leaves a lot to be desired. The cast was good though. But they all acted angry and spitting mad half the time, especially when they henshined. Kaku was alright. But he didnt show much brains when he depended on two antennae installed out in the open which anyone could have destroyed and did. So his big plan to become gouma emperor was shot to pieces.
If the fight between good and evil will continue does that mean eventually Daijinryuu will show up again and destroy the planet? Since its quite evident human race isnt going to stop fighting.

Thanks for the subs TVN! Looking forward to other old shows!
Arigatou. :)
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Arawynn wrote:The cast was good though. But they all acted angry and spitting mad half the time, especially when they henshined.
Would you rather they transform with happy gumdrops everywhere and songs about sunshine and rainbows, then?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifffffffffffffffffff all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops~
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Arawynn wrote:The cast was good though. But they all acted angry and spitting mad half the time, especially when they henshined.
Would you rather they transform with happy gumdrops everywhere and songs about sunshine and rainbows, then?

Why not? It beats bursting a blood vessel open with all the clenching and grinding they did. :evil:
Being angry isnt required to transform or bring forth any kiryoku power or anything. Seeing them like that everytime made me fear they having a stroke before the fighting even began! :P
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

Yeah, the ending struck me as pretty anticlimactic. Maybe I'm spoiled by cool ending battles from other shows, but having a knife shoved in you and then crumbling to mud struck me as kinda wimpy. Plus, it leaves so many questions.

I really hope that in 2040 or so that we have better technology and fashion than it seemed like at the end of the episode as well.

I loved the series overall, despite the fact that it was horribly depressing at times. I mean, seriously, fall in love with a Dairanger and DIE a terrible death. Yet, somehow, they all ended up married with children, so some love interests must have survived the experience. :P

Weird, silly, dramatic, overly cheesy at times, but ultimately endearing. I liked it, but am looking forward to re-watching Deka again. :)

One thing seemed odd to me though. Why was there no Vs. movie with the previous sentai? That's usually my favorite part of the series.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

friendlyquark wrote:One thing seemed odd to me though. Why was there no Vs. movie with the previous sentai? That's usually my favorite part of the series.
Because the annual "Versus" specials didn't start until Ohranger VS. Kakuranger, that's why.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Kamen Rider Ookalf wrote:
friendlyquark wrote:One thing seemed odd to me though. Why was there no Vs. movie with the previous sentai? That's usually my favorite part of the series.
Because the annual "Versus" specials didn't start until Ohranger VS. Kakuranger, that's why.
The annual versus specials came after the idea of Super Sentai World.
friendlyquark
7X

Post by friendlyquark »

But there is a Goranger X JAKQ and several others from before that period. What made it so that one series got a crossover and another one didn't? Was it popularity, money, what?
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

friendlyquark wrote:But there is a Goranger X JAKQ and several others from before that period. What made it so that one series got a crossover and another one didn't? Was it popularity, money, what?
That was before Toei added Ishinomori's Goranger and JAKQ into the Super Sentai franchise. Goranger vs JAKQ came out in 1978, while Ishinomori had the franchise. Super Sentai World was in 1994, which took place after Toei had the Sentai franchise.
friendlyquark
7X

Post by friendlyquark »

So da! Got it. Thank you for the explanation, I was quite puzzled.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Just finished Dairanger series and I am bit confused by ending. How can humans keep peace by fighting with Gorma when that means that Giant Dragon will come to destroy Earth because they were fighting with each other?

That part doesn't make any sense to me. It's like writers said one thing, but did something opposite regardless. Kinda shame that Gorma did not pick path of peace (although some did try and failed). Ah well. Guess it's fitting they ended it just...weirdly.

Overall, I truly enjoyed the series regardless of what happened with the ending.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Green Dragon
Number 6
Number 6
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: LUKA!!!
Quote: Let's Make This Showy...

Post by Green Dragon »

I thought the ending was kinda weak. Kaku appearing just to tell them the whole battle was continually pointless was just ridiculous. Basically the story is being retold with the same villians, over & over. Overall, I liked this show. It had it's funny moments, ups & downs.

Return to “Sentai-Gosei Sentai DaiRanger”