Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 12 released

Post by takenoko »

While I liked seeing more to Youko's character, I felt like the plot was overly forced to allow Enter to get the crystal. There were just too many things that didn't make sense to force it so the crystals were at stake. If this episode were real, Enter never would have gotten those crystals. It was interesting to see what Youko's actress looks like with a different hair cut.

When was the last time we had a twin episode in Sentai anyway? It's like this episode combined two Umeko DekaRanger episodes with the twin plot and the Chinese dress plot.

I guess the mentioning of mothers was a slight mother's day nod?

The fight with Ryuuji and Youko against the Metaroid was pretty good. I liked how the music played in the background, as well as the way they used their special powers without an obvious "here's some cgi stuff to show that these are special powers".
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Go-Busters 12 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

Click the spoiler only if you've seen all of DekaRanger.
Spoiler
This episode really reminded me of the episode in DekaRanger with the alien princess who looks exactly like Umeko. Not as funny though, but it feels nostalgic.

Anyways, this was a very good episode. One of the best of Go-Busters I must say, because instead of just fighting villians with a minor background story, this episode established Youko in a great way with her questioning about her real dreams in life after defeating the Vaglass, as well as awesome kung-fu fighting involved as a Chinese girl. I wonder if the actress that played Angie Sue is also Komiya Arisa doing a double stunt.

Also, Enter is one of the best damn villians ever; he successfully stole 2 major items within 12 episodes. (the Go-Buster machine blueprints and now a earring used in a Megazord's camera eye).

Last but not least, the English e-mail. X_x Did the writers of Go-Busters help write this letter? I sense major Engrish. (How the heck did Ryuuji understood it?)
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I know Gingaman did an episode where an actress looked like Saya; was pretty good.
ReversedSentai wrote:Last but not least, the English e-mail. X_x Did the writers of Go-Busters help write this letter? I sense major Engrish. (How the heck did Ryuuji understood it?)
"You who fight against a fearful monster were very very cool." :lol:
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:I know Gingaman did an episode where an actress looked like Saya; was pretty good.
ReversedSentai wrote:Last but not least, the English e-mail. X_x Did the writers of Go-Busters help write this letter? I sense major Engrish. (How the heck did Ryuuji understood it?)
"You who fight against a fearful monster were very very cool." :lol:
"I do my best. It is not defeated by Yoko."
"Moreover, such an image is reading subject all over the network. Please see once."

You Japanese people and your Engrish.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The argument between Angie Sue and Youko was a little too sappy for my taste but there was plenty of other moments in the episode I found entertaining.

The Japanese never seem to be satisfied with a person just being Chinese in a story. They have to convince everyone with the stereotypical clothes.

It was funny how Copyroid tried to sneak in an upskirt shot of Youko when she jumped up high.

Youko's solution to the problem during the Megazord fight was surprising yet practical.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

takenoko wrote:When was the last time we had a twin episode in Sentai anyway?
Spoiler
Gekiranger 38, with Retsu and his... mirror image.

I agree with the comments about the plot feeling a bit too forced. Last week Enter's plan just felt natural, properly manipulative and a nice change from just "gathering Enetron". This week I guess it felt a bit like a repeat of last week's. I'd prefer if there was an episode in between where he would go back to gathering Enetron (and then hunt the jewel in the subsequent episode), or perhaps an episode where the Go-Busters were actually successful in stopping him.

Nonetheless, pretty good episode overall.

I definitely like Youko more now. She might be far from a sentai character who's great, but she's quite cool herself.
Behold the Emperor!
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I have no idea why, but I really liked this episode's action scenes. It feels a little different from the previous episodes, don't I can't really tell why. It just feels a little different.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The episode really bring up the point that Youko isn't exactly a normal girl even though everyone says she is. She doesn't exactly have any normal interests or even friends outside of the Go-Busters. Youko is basically a child solider and probably have a hard time being able to adjust to normal society once her mission is done.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

A child soldier who has chosen to be a part of this military organization since she was three!

...oh. Wait a moment...
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

^Both her and Hiromu. Though where Hiromu gave up being a normal kid to train, Youko never had a normal life to begin with. She's been training ever since she's 3. I imagine that must be pretty tough -_- . And sad.

I can't say I agree that the plot felt forced. I think it was all right. Though I can't resist pointing out that since Youko's a decoy, she could just wear fakes and left the real ones to Angie.

This episode made me like the Busters even more. Hiromu especially. He's blunt and insensitive, but he's always earnest, determined, and not to mention insightful.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

Did anyone else see that
Spoiler
next week's metaroid will be either Tubaroid or Trumperoid?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

"No illegal copying, please." - lol

Anyway, a pretty good Youko episode. We finally get to know more about Youko's character. Even though she said it was her choice, what choice does a 3 year old child has? Her "family" is basically the people in the command center.

I guess Hiromu is different in that he was 7 years old when it all started. And he was raised by his sister outside of the organization, so he still managed to get some normal life besides training.

The way Hiromu answered, I wonder what his dream is?

PS.
At first I thought the Megazoid fight would really be between two Aces, since we saw in the flashback there was an Ace in the hanger when the facility was teleported into subspace. I was a bit disappointed it was only a copy. Youko's solution was effective though. We don't always see a team attack each other, and Ace didn't seem to suffer major damage with the attack.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

I really enjoy Enter. He's just so affably evil he reminds me of TFS Frieza!

For all those wondering if Go-Busters isn't serious, next week comes the apparent Super Sentai 13-14 arc, where the show becomes much more serious.

No illegal copying huh? Did they mean us?
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Yaiba wrote:The way Hiromu answered, I wonder what his dream is?
I like to imagine she'd snoop about his room and find a stack of papers with this written on the top one:
Hiromu wrote:My Home Plans:
-Me
-Youko
-Children
(Three at the absolute minimum!)
[Doodle of Red and Yellow Busters with little Mini Busters]
crazybus
Favorite series: Ryuki/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/Dekaranger
Favorite Band: Cradle of Filth
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Obaa-chan said this, 'Make the world revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way.'"

Post by crazybus »

Guardian07 wrote:I can't say I agree that the plot felt forced. I think it was all right. Though I can't resist pointing out that since Youko's a decoy, she could just wear fakes and left the real ones to Angie.
I just assumed they had a way of knowing whether or not the earrings were real. So, she had to wear the real ones, otherwise they would've known she was a decoy.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”