Super Sentai Continuity (from Go-Buster 12)

Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Super Sentai Continuity (from Go-Buster 12)

Post by friendlyquark »

In the big 199 movie, everyone ran into subway stations, or at least underground. Considering that every week they get another monster battle, and have been going through this for 36 years now, they probably have it down pat. Tourists, of course, never seem to know where the shelters are and end up being chased by the villains.

I also assume most tall buildings are shell decoys set up by the Tokyo authorities to fool alien invaders, since they seem to get demolished each week and yet are quickly repaired by the next episode. Either Tokyo building codes are incredibly lax, or those are just there for monster fights. :)

I mean, obviously no one takes this very seriously since the press conference went on even as a giant robot was attacking the city. Tokyo residents seem pretty blase about all this.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Re: Go-Busters 12 released

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

In response to quark, let's remind everyone that this is the 36th sentai. That means that this has been going on for over 36 years. They're all probably prepared to exist buildings in the event of monster attacks or have a secret group lead them away, like the Kuroko in Shinkenger.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

this is not the gokaiger world, this is a regular sentai season with no continuity with any other season. the attacks aren't a common thing.
friendlyquark
7X

Post by friendlyquark »

Dude, the crossovers make it pretty clear that ALL of Sentai is a continuity. They may ignore past series a bit, but they are all connected.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

no, there is the VS. or "gokaiger world", where all the season happened, and we only see during the crossover movies and gokaiger, and then we have the regular sentai worlds, which are separated from one another and not interact. in recent years they have started to try to make the movie fit the series continuity a little better, but they are still a diferent universe.
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

oh my god this is why i hate continuity nerds

crossovers in asakids shows exist for fanservice. acting like they have any bearing on anything or even necessarily happen in the same world in their own series is just the most ridiculous thing

it's a show for 6-year-olds, stop trying to impose bizarre amounts of continuity on it, they're disposable one-year toy adverts aimed at the current generation of children who'll watch it till they grow out of it and forget all about it
ima sugu shutsudoukable
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

the comic book fans are far worse continuity nerds xD. i'm just pointing out that sentai series never were in the same continuity outside of crossovers.
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

Oh, I was responding to quark, not you. :w Sorry!
ima sugu shutsudoukable
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

oh, okay then, no problem xD.
friendlyquark
7X

Post by friendlyquark »

Magenta, I think that we will just have to agree to disagree. Considering how many references creep in from series to series and that everyone seems to know each other, I think you are making a big assumption that there is no continuity. Just because its a kid's show, doesn't mean that there is no thought behind it. I just think that the continuity is not as important in Sentai as it is in other shows.
crazybus
Favorite series: Ryuki/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/Dekaranger
Favorite Band: Cradle of Filth
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Obaa-chan said this, 'Make the world revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way.'"

Post by crazybus »

Magenta wrote:oh my god this is why i hate continuity nerds
Your favorite series is listed as Fourze. In the beginning, they showed that all the previous Riders existed in that continuity (with video proof). That makes even less sense than Sentai series all being in the same continuity. Does it really matter? No. Should you piss all over those who think it does just because you think you're better when we all watch the same kids shows? No.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

friendlyquark wrote:Magenta, I think that we will just have to agree to disagree. Considering how many references creep in from series to series and that everyone seems to know each other, I think you are making a big assumption that there is no continuity. Just because its a kid's show, doesn't mean that there is no thought behind it. I just think that the continuity is not as important in Sentai as it is in other shows.
At the risk of officially derailing the thread, no, I'm pretty sure the "Every Sentai is it's own world" theory is right; When the Shinkengers meet Sosuke in Vs Go-Onger, they don't really know what to make of him and assume he's a new Shinkenger. Given how often most final battles in Super Sentai have apocalyptic stakes, the idea that other Sentais wouldn't assist or be aware of each other would be completely absurd, if they all lived in the same world.

Gokaiger had every Ranger exist simultaneously and know each other simply because that was the gimmick; It was a season-long anniversary movie.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

For what i understood, they guessed Enter wasn't gonna steal it from the dept but from the actress ince it would be easier.
crazybus wrote: Your favorite series is listed as Fourze. In the beginning, they showed that all the previous Riders existed in that continuity (with video proof). That makes even less sense than Sentai series all being in the same continuity. Does it really matter? No. Should you piss all over those who think it does just because you think you're better when we all watch the same kids shows? No.
First of all, as i say once, Fourze is what i call a "gokaiger-esque world" where in one universe, all the series have taken place. but all the seasons previous to W take place in different universes. is more or less the whole point behind Decade.
the producers of kamen rider have started to try to make the series taking place in the same universe since W(read: after decade screwed with continuity). if you watch closely, in the last episodes of W and OOO there is a cameo related with next season, something that doesn't happen in Super Sentai. but all heisei-era series were created with the idea they weren't.
the only time they mention previous teams in super sentai is during the crossovers and Gokaiger(maybe in annyversary seasons, but that's a different story).
crazybus
Favorite series: Ryuki/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/Dekaranger
Favorite Band: Cradle of Filth
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Obaa-chan said this, 'Make the world revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way.'"

Post by crazybus »

^ I completely understand what you're saying and I noticed those cameos. Post-Decade KR being in the same Universe makes more sense than pre-Decade KR. I'm just saying, if Gokaiger needed all the previous Sentai to be in the same world, then there's nothing wrong with continuing to think that they already were and will continue to be.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

it's just that there are some questions that are easier to answer with the go-busters we are watching not being in the gokaiger world(in the gokaiger world it totally happened/is happening, tough, as the Gavan movie shows). but if there was any proof in the show that gokaiger happened, then i would totally support the idea.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”