Congratulations, you noticed something is different. Licensed before completion
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

ZyuRanger 15 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

So let me get this straight. In order to create the evilest sword ever, you need a boy that turn 10 years old to help smith it for you. Man the gods that run the ZyuRanger universe are crazy. How would they determine how old the kid is in order to create this sword?
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: ZyuRanger 15 Released

Post by ReversedSentai »

Phoenix512 wrote:So let me get this straight. In order to create the evilest sword ever, you need a boy that turn 10 years old to help smith it for you. Man the gods that run the ZyuRanger universe are crazy. How would they determine how old the kid is in order to create this sword?
Half the stuff in ZyuRanger is pretty unbelievable already, so this doesn't surprise me.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I don't know the fairy tale this is based off, unless it's the Secret of Steel from Conan the Barbarian.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

This really cracks my brain thinking for some logic. then again, it's pretty random to get logic from it.

p/s: I'm surprised Saban can adapt this series into something grand in MMPR.
bradrian
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: POWER RANGERS
Dreamy: Kaoru from Garo
Favorite Band: Too many XD
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Girls XD

Post by bradrian »

The DM rolled for it.
Simple as that.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i have to wonder, is this the ONLY child who just turned ten in the entire city?

wow, goushi's sister was pretty badass...why couldn't HER by a main character? i don't have any against the main five, but i find her story far more interesting.

Okay, the acting of the childs wasn't as bad as previous episodes(except for the flashback...), but i found the older sister really annoying.

the scene of them jumping onto the tv was so bizarre and random. i was all like "wait...what. wait what?" i wouldn't be as confused if this was a "trapped in tv land" episode.

i love the kids reason to try to help the zyuurangers "it's MY fault that my sister accepted a package from two creepy guys, monster attacked my house, those two creepy guys kidnapped me, an old lady made me smash a sword with a hammer half my size meanwhile she used some magic spell, and that a monster nearly killed the zyuuranger. my god i'm a bad boy".
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

I like the solution to this week's plot; The ultimate unstoppable dark sword of evil can't hurt it's creator, so let him into the giant robot and Dora Knight's helpless.

I don't even remember what the solution Zack came up with for it in Power Rangers was... Some Star Trek-style techno-babble about energy polarities and such.

Also, you can tell this show was made in the early nineties because the little girl tells the oddly-dressed grown-up she met in the park where she lives and invites him to her brother's birthday party, rather than blowing the stranger danger whistle.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

toni2212 wrote:p/s: I'm surprised Saban can adapt this series into something grand in MMPR.
I don't remember the episode too well, but that footage of Goushi fighting Dora Knight one-on-one actually appeared in it. Zordon or Alpha was having some sort of flashback to explain either the sword or the monster (like I said, the details are fuzzy), and that footage was part of it. Goushi was only described as being one of Zordon's warriors.

It wasn't until I learned about Zyuranger that I found out who that guy really was...
TheLastTatlFan wrote:Also, you can tell this show was made in the early nineties because the little girl tells the oddly-dressed grown-up she met in the park where she lives and invites him to her brother's birthday party, rather than blowing the stranger danger whistle.
I dunno about that. I was a little kid in the early-mid 90's, I seem to remember them showing us videos for that sort of thing in school. One of them had the characters from Welcome to Pooh Corner in it. But you're right, things are a bit different now, mostly because of the internet.

Oh. And LOL. :lol:
JCLegendary
Adventure

Post by JCLegendary »

TheLastTatlFan wrote:I don't even remember what the solution Zack came up with for it in Power Rangers was... Some Star Trek-style techno-babble about energy polarities and such.
I'm pretty sure he, or probably Billy, reversed the polarity of the Megazord causing the destructive energies of the Nasty Knights sword to be reflected back into itself destroying it.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

TBustah! wrote:I don't remember the episode too well, but that footage of Goushi fighting Dora Knight one-on-one actually appeared in it. Zordon or Alpha was having some sort of flashback to explain either the sword or the monster (like I said, the details are fuzzy), and that footage was part of it. Goushi was only described as being one of Zordon's warriors.

It wasn't until I learned about Zyuranger that I found out who that guy really was...
It wasn't actually the Nasty Knight episode; It was Finster spewing exposition in the Green With Evil saga about how Rita came to possess the Evil Sword of Darkness (Oddly enough, it was originally owned by Zordon until Rita's forces stole it. I wonder what it was called before that? The Good Sword of Light?), which has a much more badass, death metal-sounding name here.

Spoiler
Hellfriede. And the trial He goes through to earn it is worthy of that name...
lonewolfstar99
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by lonewolfstar99 »

:D just joined the forums, but been following Zyuranger for quite awhile now. Wanted to say I'm loving the job you guys are doing and can't wait for the next installment!
gamer6689
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Garo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by gamer6689 »

Hi there, just joined the forum. I'm so glad that you sub this serie! I mean, that was the first show i looked for when i learned that PR had an original japanese version, a few years ago. I really hope you will finished it,
Spoiler
and I can't wait to see the green ranger!
Thanks again and good luck (you do an amazing work on all the others shows that I have seen too) (also, I'm french so pardon my english).
Last edited by ReversedSentai on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added spoiler tags
PotatoPower
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Kureshima Takatora
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Gaim
Quote: Unlimited Blade Works
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by PotatoPower »

I'm starting to like watching this show just because of how ridiculous it is, i literally laugh out loud on so many occassions. xD
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

I wonder how many impressionable kids back when this was airing actually tried to jump into their televisions? Interesting that a book contain all the past Dora monters also contains the Djinn & DonDon who weren't created. Also nice seeing the real life actors for Totpat & Bukbak.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

TheLastTatlFan wrote:
TBustah! wrote:I don't remember the episode too well, but that footage of Goushi fighting Dora Knight one-on-one actually appeared in it. Zordon or Alpha was having some sort of flashback to explain either the sword or the monster (like I said, the details are fuzzy), and that footage was part of it. Goushi was only described as being one of Zordon's warriors.

It wasn't actually the Nasty Knight episode; It was Finster spewing exposition in the Green With Evil saga about how Rita came to possess the Evil Sword of Darkness (Oddly enough, it was originally owned by Zordon until Rita's forces stole it. I wonder what it was called before that? The Good Sword of Light?), which has a much more badass, death metal-sounding name here.

Spoiler
Hellfriede. And the trial He goes through to earn it is worthy of that name...
It was both. They used the footage twice.

Return to “Sentai-Kyouryuu Sentai ZyuRanger”