Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Go-Busters 27 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

This was a good episode. And besides changing the OP doesn't mean it's a retooling. If that was the case then like every anime series that change its OP is a retooling which is absurd if you think about it. I applaud Toei for finally mixing it up a bit with changing the OP and hope there's a new sequence as well but based on their track record, not likely. Like take, I'm not going to worry about it because I don't think there's any retooling taking place. You guys are panicking for no reason at all.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

What sort of retooling are you guys talking about? :?:
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Lunchboxx wrote:What sort of retooling are you guys talking about? :?:
It's hard to talk about w/o going into spoilers.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Pm me if it's to spoilery then, I wont mind. :)
eigorisu
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
My boom: Transformers

Post by eigorisu »

one of the more/most solid episodes of the series. probably my favourite in terms of fight scenes (blue vs. enter especially, enter really comes off as very much more powerful than bluebuster), plus thre's plenty of series arc progression and tidbits.

jin needs to recharge, and can also be tracked if enter is connected to messiah (presumably he would be able to detect jin piggybacking the connection?)

messiah wants to 'evolve'

the subdimension, when shrunk, increases in 'density' (i use the term loosely as physics don't seem to work the same way there)

nice new end credits, but i notice no-one translated the background rap; why? is it just too hard to hear/make out?

Spoiler
looking forward to the new OP, but i must admit, the old one has actually managed to grow on me a little

also, 1st post after years of lurking. yay!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Rap has always been hard to make out, it's just easier to wait for the CD so you can read the lyrics.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:I'm not sure. Either J was talking to a bug or an imaginary friend because he's drunk on Enetron. Who knows with that guy?

I heard about the retooling and... I sort of don't care. I didn't when I heard about it with Hibiki and I don't care now. My reason is that, as an end user whose only input is to experience the creative work, I see no reason to be concerned with what goes on in the background. It's like going to a magic act, and wanting to give input on how the act is run.

There is literally nothing I can do to affect what happens with the show, so why worry about it or even pretend that it's a thing? Stories take sudden turns all the time. I seriously doubt that the changes will affect the tone or feeling of the series in a way that it'll be unrecognizable. At most, some of the names will be different when I add them to the wiki articles.
As usual, you're not wrong Takenoko. Still, I like how the series has been going so far because it's anything but a normal Sentai series. It would be a shame if this retooling made it a less enjoyable series.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Maybe this is a result of my poor way of articulating things, but it seems to me that Go-Busters has a lot of appeal for adult toku fans. It breaks a few Sentai tropes, and it just seems like it's trying to tell its own story instead of become the 36th clone of a bunch of conventions that we're used to seeing. The world and backstory are extremely well-developed, and the overall plot has a tinge of maturity. Here's these child soldiers, fighting a war to maybe save their parents, or at the very least kill off the thing that got that caused this mess in the first place. The stakes are pretty high

Edit: I checked with a toy site, and it is Turn Turn Turn. Thanks to whoever mentioned that.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

hey, here is something i have been thinking. in a previous episode someone commented about Jin had "Inserted" into de go-busters. well, now i have realized...J "Control" Jin's pressence in the real world. There, i had to say it xD.
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

When i saw Enter fighting Blue buster, Enter really resembles Hwoarang from Tekken...

Hwoarang:
Spoiler
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I really liked the henshin sequence in this episode. This is one instance where it's cool to see these kind of sequences instead of stock henshin footage. One thing I found to be odd at that part was all the lasers that were being fired at the Go-Busters. There seemed no damage to the building they were. The FX crew didn't bother to add special effects to make the building looked damage. It was just flying into thin air. Reminded me of Kamen Rider Decade's final scene in Episode 31. Lol...
KamenGamer
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Henshin
Quote: I think therefore I am

Post by KamenGamer »

just a quick fyi the sound the morphin bracer makes when the dissapitated the constructed subdimension is TURN TURN TURN not TRAN TRAN TRAN
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Well done for not reading the thread ahead of time. We already acknowledge this four posts above yours.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”