Favorite series: Kamen Rider ΑgitΩ
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: Kiryu
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: H0mestuck
Quote: FAA: i think
FAA: it was m0re likely just an0ther inevitability
FAA: a pr0duct 0f c0llusi0n between the disparate f0rces at play
FAA: a bargain struck between what skaia kn0ws already and what the g0ds demand up fr0nt
FAA: t0gether they 0rchestrate trials sufficient t0 ensure
FAA: that in 0verc0ming them we w0uld be pr0ven w0rthy
FAA: 0f inheriting the ultimate reward

Re: Agito 21 released

Post by FaeQueenCory »

This was one of my favorite episodes... because it (and episode 20) were filled with: "Hells yeah! Damn Houjou is gonna die!!! Wait! Angels! Stop!!!! Let her finish! ARG!!!! WHY ANGELS?? WHY!? You could have just waited five more seconds... but no... T_T"

Although... this also gives more evidence for what Houjou's stupid psychic power is... though he actually got a pretty decent one: "avoiding near death" power.
WAY better than "Souichi"'s craptastic "food empathy" power...
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

FaeQueenCory wrote:Wait! Angels! Stop!!!! Let her finish! ARG!!!! WHY ANGELS??
It's called Lords (or Unknown).
FaeQueenCory wrote:"avoiding near death" power.
It's called luck.
FaeQueenCory
Adventure
FAA: a bargain struck between what skaia kn0ws already and what the g0ds demand up fr0nt

Post by FaeQueenCory »

HyperDrake wrote: It's called Lords (or Unknown).
And He's called the OverLord of Darkness. Doesn't make Him not
Spoiler
God
!
And unlike in Neon Genesis Evangelion where the Judeo-Christian-Islamic symbolism is just symbolism... it's quite a bit more literal here in the world of Agito...
HyperDrake wrote: It's called luck.
The Lord don't kill humans.
Spoiler
They only kill those who bear the seeds of Agito (fragments of the OverLord of Light aka Lucifer -see what they did there?-)
The Lord have tried to kill Houjou multiple times.
Spoiler
It's strongly hinted at that he bears such a seed. As to what his craptastic psychic power is before it ceases to be latent and ups to stage two (generic psychic shenanigans as Aki demonstrates here)

The only times that the Lord have killed a human... is when they have disobeyed their master: the OverLord of Darkness.
Spoiler
aka God. Because He's God. Creator of humans and everything else. Some of the supplemental materials create a paradox... stating that the OverLord of Darkness and the OverLord of Light were born from the Linto... but the Linto were the ancient humans... ala Kuuga. And it was stated multiple times in the show that the OverLord of Darkness created humans in His image.... simply put, the supplemental material is noncanon and whatever is said in the show, supersedes that. Ergo: The OverLord of Darkness is God, the Lord are angels, the El-Lord are Archangels -specifically Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel in order of appearance- just because you call them a different name, doesn't make them not that thing.
HyperDrake
Gabu

Post by HyperDrake »

@FaeQueen: You read wiki too much
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

If we're gonna talk about that, then this (the tagged stuff is too but, not at the point we're at) is relevant.

That said, preview talk:
Spoiler
Iirc, next episode starts an Inoue-ism which, as much as I hate to say it, is probably one of the low points of this amazing show.
Last edited by Go-On Macaroni on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
FaeQueenCory
Adventure

Post by FaeQueenCory »

HyperDrake wrote:@FaeQueen: You read wiki too much
Um... no. I actually have never read TV-Nihon's wiki.... But I've already seen Agito. All of it. And I have extensively studied religion, focusing mainly in the Abrahamic religions. Which is probably why Agito is my favorite Kamen Rider series. When TV-Nihon is finally done with Agito, I will watch it all again with their subs and see whose I like better.
Everything I've said was extrapolated first hand, by me. Not that the majority of it isn't obvious.
Spoiler
OverLord of Darkness being God, the Lord being His angels -halos, wings, crossing themselves before carrying out God's will-, the OverLord of Light being Lucifer is a bit more obtuse, but it's obvious come episode 42, and quite a bit of cool wordplay on Toei's part... "light bearer/holder/container" indeed! But then Japan does so love it's word play.
But the specific identities of the El-Lord of Water, the El-Lord of Air (or was it wind? I can never remember), and the El-Lord of Earth would require a bit more academic study before they could be concretely ascertained. And more so than just the standard. One would have to study the occult quite a bit as well.
Spoiler
Water is Gabriel, because Gabriel is the Archangel of water, but like with Agito's tongue in cheek play on Lucifer, Gabriel has many feminine qualities and is more often than not portrayed as a female angel. But there are many who firmly assert that Gabriel is a man... regardless of the female-only or feminine roles she takes in the holy texts... so Gabriel in Agito is given a big booming man voice... but clearly has boobs and womanly lips. Especially evident on the special toys released of her. Raphael is equated with healing and wind/air, so the El-Lord of Air's role as God's protector/guardian/healer while God rests in the final arc is more indicative of this equation. Uriel is much more simple, and less symbolic than Raphael or Gabriel's portrayal, simply being equated with earth.

EDIT:
Go-On Macaroni wrote:If we're gonna talk about that, then this (the tagged stuff is too but, not at the point we're at) is relevant.
Cute. But not consistent with Gnosticism or Agito.
Spoiler
The assertation that there were multiple evil gods in Gnosticism is wrong. There was GOD, and then there was the Demiurge. The Demiurge calls himself God, but is actually the bastard offspring of a sentient thought-being-aspect of GOD, Sophia. It's a complicated origin.
Further, the OverLord of Darkness isn't evil. It's stated time and time again that He Loves humans. He just views them as tainted by his twin brother, Lucifer. Which is more in line with Zoroastrianism, the Manicheanism heresy of Christianity -it's labeled as a part of Gnosticism... but this is as erroneous as labeling Buddhism or Islam pagan-, and Mormonism -though I am not sure if they have removed that from the Book of Mormon, all the copies I have are fairly old (1970s-ish is the latest copy I own)-. In fact, if I had to pick one real-world "monotheism" that inspired Agito... I think the people of South Park were right. I strongly suspect that Agito was influenced by the Book of Mormon. So, in a sense, Mormonism is the correct religion of Agito.
I say this because of two facts:
God is corporeal. Mormonism has God being a physical, rather than a spiritual, entity. The OverLord of Darkness is clearly corporeal, He even has god-DNA!
And the OverLords are equal... but not quite perfectly so. Mormonism has God and the Devil being twined and almost equal... but God is just a bit stronger than the Devil, so that is why God is the good one. It also stipulates that, it is believed that Joseph Smith was inspired or influenced by Zoroastrianism much in the same way early Judaism was, and thus, as Ahura Mahzda and Angra Mainyu predate everything and both exist from time immemorial, so does the Mormon versions of God and the Devil.

The Lord being made from a single cell of the OverLord of Darkness' body has nothing to do with anything previously stated... but it's just another fun little tidbit of symbolic rendering. Angels are the extension of God's will. So a spiritual God... has spiritual Angels... which are an extension of His will. For, in a sense, He IS His will. So then it would follow that a physical God's angels... are an extension of His own body.
HyperDrake
Gabu

Post by HyperDrake »

FaeQueenCory wrote:Um... no. I actually have never read TV-Nihon's wiki.... But I've already seen Agito. All of it. And I have extensively studied religion, focusing mainly in the Abrahamic religions. Which is probably why Agito is my favorite Kamen Rider series. When TV-Nihon is finally done with Agito, I will watch it all again with their subs and see whose I like better.
- I've previously seen Agito too, all of it, but with bad quality video and subs. TV-N version is like an oasis in the desert.
- I am no expert at religion. But I am one in the field of Options and Futures trading.
- Having Agito as your favorite Kamen Rider series makes me respect you as a Kamen Rider fan.
- Which subs is better? It's pretty obvious.
- I got banned-from-this-site experience before. So, you may want to edit your posts.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

FaeQueenCory wrote:<MANY SPOILERS>
You really want to delete those.

That said, I really can't wait for next ep.

Spoiler
G3X debut!

Go-On Macaroni wrote: That said, preview talk:
Spoiler
Iirc, next episode starts an Inoue-ism which, as much as I hate to say it, is probably one of the low points of this amazing show.
What's an inoue-ism?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Dengar wrote:
Go-On Macaroni wrote: That said, preview talk:
Spoiler
What's an inoue-ism?
Inoue-related trope; like, falling in water or miscommunication or melodrama.
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

After all the serious stuff, have some of this:

(Agito 21 @12:08)
Last edited by Darkwings on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I lol'd

Return to “Kamen Rider Agito”