No votes

Total votes: 66
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: KR Wizard 03 released

Post by Knight of L-sama »

All I could think of when Rinko showed up and found Shunpei in the shop was "A New Challenger Has Appeared!".

But yes, I am quite interested in what what Kizaki/Long's group is up to. The way he said 'What the hell are the mage and phantom doing?' does seem to sugget that, at least for the moment, he represent a distinct third faction.

Though of course at least for the moment I'm wondering "All right, where does Foundation X fit in all this?"
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

The series is starting to grow on me (despite me still being weirded out by the hip-hop henshin). Absolutely LOVED the bad-assness of how Haruto connected to the dragon this episode and both Rinko and Koyomi are seriously cute. Also if I had to guess, "Long" is probably gonna be the secondary Rider in the series.
myman88
Gao
Location: Closer to Japan than the common TVN person, but still so far away.

Post by myman88 »

I wanted to ask this in the previous episode, since we actually got to see Haruto in a combat stance, but does anyone know what style he uses? I reminds me a lot of kung-fu.
Knight of L-sama
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: It is a place that dwells in the memory of those who still dream of its ancient glory. A world revered for its beauty, mystery and danger. On a planet of endless adventure such a land is known as El-Hazard. If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million night, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Knight of L-sama »

myman88 wrote:I wanted to ask this in the previous episode, since we actually got to see Haruto in a combat stance, but does anyone know what style he uses? I reminds me a lot of kung-fu.
If I were to hazard a guess he's not using any specific style. Rather the stuntman (stuntmen?) are cobbling together moves from multiple sources based on the mixed criteria of 'looks good on camera' and 'won't damage the rings' with that last one being why Wizard is rather kick happy compared to some other riders.
Welcome to the Sea of Chaos!
blazin
Go Go!

Post by blazin »

I was thinking about something~ all along watching Wizard~

Haruto was the last hope of everyone he saved~ So if he died all the people he saved will become Phantom all at once?
DokiDoki Yukai
Adventure
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: W, ToQger
Dreamy: Iwanaga Hiroaki
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Mayu
Favorite Band: AKB48
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sailormoon Crystal
Quote: If you're determined to fight...let's see how strong you are.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DokiDoki Yukai »

Waaah~ what a good episode. I'm loving it overall, the action, characters, and the special effects. Definitely my new fav (the previous fav being W)..at first, Shunpei really got on my nerves, but when the Phantom forced him into despair, I actually cried for him...that was some dark shit right there. (And it was infinitely more believable than Rinko's "My trinket, oh noes~~") If this is the kind of thing they're going to do to people this early, then this year is going to be pretty brutal, victim wise. Yay for Water Style reveal!
DokiDoki Yukai
Adventure

Post by DokiDoki Yukai »

blazin wrote:I was thinking about something~ all along watching Wizard~

Haruto was the last hope of everyone he saved~ So if he died all the people he saved will become Phantom all at once?
So I wasn't the only one who thought that? I have a feeling (akin to Gentarou dying for like half an episode last year) that this might actually happen later on...
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

People need to stop this Long mention for the sake of non-Sentai fan or start calling Rinko with the name Miku to put things fair.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skull Rider wrote:VERY NICE KICK STRIKE. THE BEST! I would like to say the Biggest Rider Kick ever, but actually something WAY BIGGER has already stole the lime light a few anniversary years ago.
So, you're saying that there's one WAY BIGGER than the Biggest??
locuas wrote:To be honest, during the spit take i started think Long doesn't work for the phantoms...i'm serious. Because when i tought about it, i think keeping the existence of the phantoms a secret is a good choice.
I concur. Somehow I've got the feeling that his role will be more or less like that of Houjou's.
blazin wrote:Haruto was the last hope of everyone he saved~ So if he died all the people he saved will become Phantom all at once?
DokiDoki Yukai wrote:So I wasn't the only one who thought that? I have a feeling (akin to Gentarou dying for like half an episode last year) that this might actually happen later on...
People like Rinko or Shunpei have no chance to transform into/get taken over by Phantoms in the future since the Phantoms inside their bodies had been terminated by Wizard. They're no longer Gates. Only Gates (people who have potential to become Mages and store Phantoms inside their bodies) have the possibility to transform into/get taken over by Phantoms if they succumb to their own personal despair.
To put it simple, if somehow ex-Gates people like Rinko and Shunpei succumb to despair (whatever the cause), nothing will happen coz there'll be no Phantoms inside them to take over their bodies.
jedimax
7X

Post by jedimax »

I like how Wajima is king of like the wise old grandfather of the group. In fact, here's an off the wall king of out there suggestion. What if he's the white wizard? Would make sense if one thinks about it closely.
blazin
Go Go!

Post by blazin »

HyperDrake wrote: People like Rinko or Shunpei have no chance to transform into/get taken over by Phantoms in the future since the Phantoms inside their bodies had been terminated by Wizard. They're no longer Gates. Only Gates (people who have potential to become Mages and store Phantoms inside their bodies) have the possibility to transform into/get taken over by Phantoms if they succumb to their own personal despair.
To put it simple, if somehow ex-Gates people like Rinko and Shunpei succumb to despair (whatever the cause), nothing will happen coz there'll be no Phantoms inside them to take over their bodies.
But they never mention that despair can only happen once~

Since their own despair had already been eliminated, but their hope now are all on Haruto~ the prove should be the engage ring.
So if he dies a new despair might be formed, since their only hope is gone~

Note that the monsters only appears when the owner is in despair~
jedimax
7X

Post by jedimax »

blazin wrote:
HyperDrake wrote: People like Rinko or Shunpei have no chance to transform into/get taken over by Phantoms in the future since the Phantoms inside their bodies had been terminated by Wizard. They're no longer Gates. Only Gates (people who have potential to become Mages and store Phantoms inside their bodies) have the possibility to transform into/get taken over by Phantoms if they succumb to their own personal despair.
But they never mention that despair can only happen once~

Since their own despair had already been eliminated, but their hope now are all on Haruto~ the prove should be the engage ring.

I think I understand where you are coming from, blazin. However what HyperDrake is referring to is that when Haruto destroys a Gate's inner Phantom, he destroys their potential for magic along with it. If I understand the concept correctly, an inner Phantom is a Gate's magical ability given form within their Underworld. Only by not giving into despair are they able to keep it from rampaging and being born into our world. Once they are gone though, they're gone.
DokiDoki Yukai
Adventure

Post by DokiDoki Yukai »

HyperDrake wrote: But they never mention that despair can only happen once~

That's my running theory for this series. I think that situations where an Ex-Gate (should we just go ahead and make that a term?) becomes a victim again is highly possible and not completely out of the question due to this. People can go into despair over different things, after all...
jedimax
7X

Post by jedimax »

DokiDoki Yukai wrote:
HyperDrake wrote: But they never mention that despair can only happen once~

That's my running theory for this series. I think that situations where an Ex-Gate (should we just go ahead and make that a term?) becomes a victim again is highly possible and not completely out of the question due to this. People can go into despair over different things, after all...
That may be, but despair alone will not do it. A Gate needs to have that as well as the potential to perform magic to give birth to a Phantom. But as I said earlier, when one's inner Phantom is destroyed, so goes any magical ability they might have.
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

HyperDrake wrote:
Skull Rider wrote:VERY NICE KICK STRIKE. THE BEST! I would like to say the Biggest Rider Kick ever, but actually something WAY BIGGER has already stole the lime light a few anniversary years ago.
So, you're saying that there's one WAY BIGGER than the Biggest??
Well, a misunderstood that need an explanation. Dear sir, WAY BIGGER is not a Rider Kick, it's a Rider.
Spoiler
I'm referring to Kamen Rider J turning into Decade Complete Form and Rider Kicked the King Dark in All Rider vs Dai Shocker. That's the biggest rider kick ever.
Please re-read my post earlier.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

@Jedimax: You're a smart guy unlike みどり.

Based on the episodes released so far (1-3), so no spoilers here. In Wizard universe, there are two kinds of people which are:
1. ordinary human being (non-Gates) and
2. unordinary human being called Gates (people who have high magic potential).

Every Gates have Phantoms inside their bodies. There are four possible outcomes that can happen to Gates as the following:
1. Being faced with despair and succumbed to it and that results in them being killed from the inside and having their bodies taken over by the Phantoms inside them. For example: Rinko's sempai, the TV host and others.
2. Being faced with despair and successfully managed to conquer it and that results in them being able to awaken their potential magical power (still need some kind of driver and jewellery in order to transform into a Mage though). For example: Haruto.
3. Being faced with despair and almost nearly succumbed to it, but luck is on their side, they get saved by Wizard, have their Phantoms inside them terminated and then lost their high magic potential forever aka become mere ordinary human being (non-Gates or ex-Gates if you wanna call it that way). They're now worthless before the eyes of the other Phantoms because of the non-existence of high magic potential inside them and if somehow they succumbed to another despair in the future, they need psychologist or psychiatrist to save them. For example: Rinko and Shunpei.
4. Manage to avoid other Phantoms' detection and thus never face despair great enough and stay as Gates for the rest of their lives.
Skull Rider wrote:Well, a misunderstood that need an explanation. Dear sir, WAY BIGGER is not a Rider Kick, it's a Rider.
Spoiler
I'm referring to Kamen Rider J turning into Decade Complete Form and Rider Kicked the King Dark in All Rider vs Dai Shocker. That's the biggest rider kick ever.
Please re-read my post earlier.
Copy.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”