Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 32 released

Post by takenoko »

This is sort of the episode I expected from the last one. Stuff happens, but nothing significant. There's no setup so there's no payoff. Even Enter's big reveal was sort of met with a "No time to deal with that, let's fight!" kind of mentality.

The writing just felt amateurish. The Go-Busters fight with their partners even more childishly than usual at the beginning. Gavan shows his mistrust. They fight together. Gavan admits that he was wrong to doubt them, even though he doesn't actually see anything that would show him that they're good partners (unless fighting in the mecha counted?)

Overall it was pretty stupid, there wasn't any good dialogue, and it was just one fight that went into another.

The mecha fight was alright. I guess we'll see what Enter has cooked up next time.

To get nitpicky, it bugs me that Nakamura had to go to Morishita's desk to use his Makuu scanning software. Isn't she supposed to be the expert at scanning other dimensions?

Speaking of the writing again. Didn't they do the boulder gag in the last episode too? This is the same writer who did the Eraser Metaroid episode. So he writes weird humor, Metaroids who talk funny, and is a fan of the support crew apparently.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Re: Go-Busters 32 released

Post by butyoumight »

I guess the best thing I can say about this ep is that it's finally over. Sounds mean, but I had no use for Gavan being crossed over into the weekly show, and I agree, it feels like the big reveal about Enter surviving was just sort of shoved into the crossover episodes and as such maybe lost some of it's significance :( I really think they could have easily stretched Rhino Doubler into two parts without bothering with the Enter situation at all. Ah well, what's done is done.

So, in short, I guess I'm glad that the Gavan interlude is over. Bring on the rest of the plot!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It seems like it was a poor version of Go-Busters VS Gavan. If it was written like a VS movie, it probably be better but it wasn't. At least Shelly wasn't much of a focus in this episode so that was a plus.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Miho is so cute.

I wonder when people will get tired of copying Indy's trap.

Action was good, giant part was crap and Morishita's plot was lame. The forced and inexistent bond between Hiromu and Gavan was also lame. Again the only good things were Jin, J and Enter.

Hopefully, the new enemies will make the series exciting again.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The Makuu Dimension just felt like a bunch of set pieces they were sad that that they hadn't used recently. I noticed the old Gekiranger prison cell was getting some use.

Enter has upgraded to a new hairstyle and Lee press‐on nails. Because when you think evil, you think Lee press‐on nails.

Silly episode, inconsistent, forget about it and move on.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

m4rc0 wrote: I wonder when people will get tired of copying Indy's trap.
NEVER!

As i said before, this was a breath episode, so i don't especially care that it isn't very good(At least i didn't skip parts, as i did with other sentai).

WTF! A Morishita episode?

guess enter's plan was kind of clever. But that's it. i also liked the mecha fight. Also, we FINALLY have a "make my monster grow" in go-busters xD.

I guess Morishita is the one who controls the equipment's teleport, so she needed to
use morishita to teleport the weapons.

J was really funny.

Yeah, i don't think they take just 0.5 second to get into costumes, especially if you count the helmets...was the writer the same as the "technician damages ace" episode? because i found weird that they said something like that.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

locuas wrote:was the writer the same as the "technician damages ace" episode? because i found weird that they said something like that.
No, it wasn't and why would it be weird? Iirc, didn't they do the Gavan narration for both teams in Gokaiger vs. Gavan as well?
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Is the movie commercial over?
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

TorchWood wrote:Is the movie commercial over?
Why don't you tell me?
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Gokaiger, like other sentai, has stock footage for the henshin, which tends to be handwaved as ocurring nearly instantly in real time.

Go busters, on the other, has the henshin happening in real time, like kamen rider series.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

Just something I've been wondering lately: what exactly is "Bustership"? The act of being a Buster?

So, semi useless episode was semi useless.

Enter = All of my yes.

Terrible writing is terrible.
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I think I called the .5 second joke in the last episode thread. :/ I was praising the fact they didn't do it then since they did the joke in the Gokai vs. Gavan movie and it was good then. Now it's blah.

This whole episode was blah. Atlleast the previous episode had the excuse of being an homage to Gavan with all of it's jokes.

I did laugh my ass off with the Great Go-Buster kick. It was so terrible it was funny.
Secret Identity
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Secret Identity »

I've always loved Doru's theme song. The instrumental did not disappoint here.

...That's pretty much it. Moving on.
Currently Watching:
Ninninger, Drive, Ghost
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Yeah I'm with everyone here. Although it is cool to see Gavan crossover to this show, it wasn't as epic as Decade/Shinkenger and part of it is due to Gavan already being with Gokaiger and because these two episodes were lacking something. It just felt off compared to the first half of the show and the only person connecting it is Enter. Where the hell is Escape? Seems like she won't be back for a while. But yeah, glad to see Morishita get a focused episode although it came at a random time. It's always cool to see the other non-Sentai members be made to look smart and belong with the team. I don't think I digged the .5 seconds henshin explanation as well. Oh well, now that this crossover is done with, I hope the writing team has figured out what to fix and move forward with.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Lunagel wrote:Enter has upgraded to a new hairstyle and Lee press‐on nails. Because when you think evil, you think Lee press‐on nails.

Poor Enter. Jinnai Sho's nails did so well for that part, too. :C

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”