Go-Busters 33 released

Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >

What do you think of Busters Powered Custom?

They're awesome
28%
They're okay, at least they're not terrible looking
70%
Didn't really care for them
2%
God! They're so awful!
No votes

Total votes: 46
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 33 released

Post by takenoko »

Oh man, Go-Busters is back after a two week break. Oh boy!

And it's a power up episode too! First, Enter raises the stakes with his Messiah cards (Why's it have to be cards?). I guess I'm fine with that. So the powered-up Metaroids are sort of like the Gods of Infershia. There's a limited number of them, but each of them is way more badass than before. That's cool, actually.

I really like that punch where Red Buster restores Nick. The reference to the Busters not being able to save their parents felt very right. After all, stakes have to be higher since we're in the last part of the series.

Honestly, I don't like the new designs. They're okay, just not very cool. At least they're not hideous.

However, I very much like the upgrade to their powers. It's weird that Ryuuji is pulling shit out of the ground and walls, but at least Youko's air hopping is pretty cool. I mean, her ability was really useless before (watch me jump high!). Now it's pretty functional and it's kind of a unique power. Hopefully she'll get some awesome kick attacks.

http://www.wolfinspace.com/wiki/Go-Busters_Mission_33
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Go-Busters 33 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

I think Ryuuji's ability is more of 'copying' the element that he touches, and creating objects based off the element. I mean, him being an engineer and all that, shouldn't he know better that pulling a metal beam from a structure would compromise the structural integrity of the building?? Hiromu and Youko's powers are pretty cool. Especially for Youko... I hardly remember her using her power in the earlier parts of the series.

So I presume they each have their own unique finisher now in Powered Custom form...

I think they tried to go with simplicity for this powered custom. I think it was okay, but probably a little colour differentiation would have made them look a little cooler. More silver for the chest plate would have worked, I think...

What's up with Enter's red eye of doom?

Also, I love the way Jin goes like "Don't cover me! It's been a while since I appeared!" And free DVD. Love J in that scene.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

So the Go-Busters now can fuse with their Buddyroid. That kinda reminds me of how Ban was able to combine with Murphy in MagiRanger vs. DekaRanger.

Anyhow, I thought this was a pretty nice beginning for a new "saga", I guess you can say. The scene where Enter gets serious with Escape with those red eyes was really neat. It kinda gives a hint that Enter's probably stronger than the latter.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

So, Youko is now Lenalee Lee? I'm.. I'm OK with that; Usada already fills the Komui spot. :lol:

The end was awkward though; I mean, I can assume they just bonked off the Megazord off-screen and.. I appreciate them showing restraint for once but eh, it just felt really off to me.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

It was nice to have the thread about Gorisaki developing protectors brought back into the plot.

I'm happy that Escape is back. Enter is a cool villain but it is more fun when he interacts with her.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I'm glad when they can seed little things like that throughout the series. Jin's "You can spin your braces to make the subdimension go away" really stinks of being pulled out of an ass.

Then again, it's pretty funny how deus ex machina all the technology is. I mean, the protectors have been poor armor, virtual subdimension simulators, and now they're armor that boost their super powers?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I'm happy that they are still fighting Vaglass and not some random new enemy since that wouldn't feel right. Go-Busters are formed specifically to fight Vaglass.

I really like the scene where they compare the school's sand hole to the hole the research center left behind. That helpless feeling of unable to save their family and friends only Hiromu, Ryuuji, Yuuko (and the commander) would understand as they were the survivors that witness the scene first hand 13 years ago.

Enter being badass is always cool. Escape being scared of him makes him even more scarier. Was he more than a avatar, was he working for Messiah, or does he rules over Messiah?

So... Red Buster is fighting the Metaroid one second, and the next he's suddenly beside Nick who's falling into the sand hole. He went to help blue and yellow because they were taking a beating, then he just left them behind while they were taking a beating? I feel there might be a missing cut scene in between.

I feel ok with Red Buster's armor since it has a symbol on the chest, but the other two are kind of plain. As zeta said, more colour differentiation would be nice
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Did no one else notice that they completely forgot about the Megazord? Jin was like "Hey the Megazord is still coming" and then ....nada. Never heard from again. What a cocktease.

Still, have to agree with Jin, he has not been getting a lot of screentime recently and since he and J are the real reason I love this show so much, that is a travesty.

Enter's new look is pretty awesome though~
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I just assumed they will deal with the Megazord next episode.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Powered Custom is way better than the last upgrade from Goseiger which consisted of gaudy chest plates and a gumball staff. I feel that they didn't forget the Megazord and probably be covered in the next episode.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i LOVE the new power-up. it reminds me of an armor, and i just LOVE that kind of designs. And it doesn't have goseiger's stupid face in the chest.

So now Hiromu is near instant teleportation, Youko can double jump and Ryuuji can create things? awesome.

The old theme makes the battle even more awesome.

So, Enter is pulling a Gaogaigar?

I guess the theory of the buddyroids being used for the power up was correct. also, SPD DID IT! SPD DID IT! sorry...

Jin breaking the fourth wall is always funny.

Silly J, don't you get that you already are doing that with Jin?...sort of...
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

During the previews last week, I thought I would hate the power up, but after watching the episode, I don't hate it, but not totally in love with it either. Also, anybody else think of Gekiranger when Red Buster did his finisher? Once again, awesome villain is awesome. I very much like how Enter acts as a villain. He is calm, cool, collected, and has long term goals that don't get disrupted by short term defeats. If the series wasn't meant to end with the Go-Busters winning, Enter would totally succeed in his plans. I very much like how he is toying with the Busters, posing an immediate short term threat while at the same time not letting them be able to relax due to the fact that it might take them awhile to destroy all 13 cards. Very much reminds of me Light from Death Note. I think this is the first time in a long time that I feel that the villain of the series is actually competent , and forms a legitimate threat to the heroes. If the Go-Busters were more interesting, or at least not terribly bland as characters, I'd say this would be my favorite Sentai. Sadly, I don't find the Go-Busters very interesting (Jin and J are though), so I can't say this is my favorite Sentai.
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty nice. The forms look alright. Why does Red have a little extra thing on the chest though?
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

From the previews last time, I also figured the upgrades would look silly. I'm actually proven wrong. While the upgrades are nowhere near as epic as DekaRanger and Magiranger, the design DOES give a simplistic feel, which makes sense for people who fights hand to hand. They could of added a little bit more silver to the chest like what Zeta_Gundam said.

Overall, a very great episode.

Random Episode thoughts:

OLD OPENING THEME PLAYING DURING BATTLE KITAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Escape is hawt as always.

Speaking of which, what's with Enter's evil red eye? Puzzling, but it DOES make him even more evil.

Also, Enter is officually my favorite sentai villain EVER. I may have said it before, but this pretty much cements it for me.

Also, the upgrades being prototypes? Totally called it back when they first used them against escape.

Messiah being apart of data cards is actually pretty damn scary. He's like skynet and the borg, they ALWAYS adapt to a impending doom.

Next Episode Preview:
Spoiler
OH NOES JIN IS BAD OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!!

Probably a fake, or a glitch in his avatar program, or brainwashed. Though the latter is unlikely.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

@take: It makes sense being cards because those seeds are like messiah in metavirus form. And we know metavirus is installed from cards.

Enter is awesome. So, each card is a part of Messiah's backup and tey'll absorb human data to evolve in order to become Messiah. This is actually very cool. Enter making it a game is also interesting. And now Escape will have to help Enter. I guess we can expect Enter to evolve by himself and be the big bad.

That scene with Nick being absorbed wasn't well done. The transition from Hiromu fighting to Hiromu trying to save Nick was very sudden and confusing. But yeah, the development they got after the hyperspace was well shown here.

I really like how the show depicts the super forms as the results of a process that has been going on for a while. The powered customs look very good and the powers are very cool. Yoko can jump in the air, Hiromu gets so fast he "teleports" and Ryuji can turn stuff into data then materialize it again to use with his super strenght. But he just needed a cooling system in his armor. Also, Hiromu got a super finisher. I liked it very much, because unlike most super forms, each of them has their own AND they do different stuff. Including the metaroids on the customs was really nice.

Jin and J were great again. LOL @ J's wanting to do a powered custom with me to Yoko. I guess Jin won't get his powered custom, since J transforms too. But I'd like him to have a super form.

Funny how they just skipped the megazord fight, since the important stuff already ended.

@next ep
Spoiler
Enter will probably hack Jin's avatar.
Last edited by m4rc0 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”