Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

KR Wizard 09 released

Post by Slowking »

What an episode.

It was very nice having the dramatic, tense and full of fear moments from the last episode carry over to this one.

Really enjoyed Haruto showing more emotion this time - it kinda made everything be perfect or near perfect.

So his own Underworld is based on that one incident from when he was a child. It was nice that we discovered that in the episode where he gets an upgrade and where his connection with Dragon has become better characterised. Kudos to the writers for creating an effective and powerful parallel between Haruto's past and the kid in the present.

The new form looks amazing. He still maintains his maneuverability, and is powerful enough to beat Phoenix.

Phoenix might be back, but I'm sure he will want to become stronger; this could lead to some interesting development for the Phantoms as a whole.

White Wizard... what exactly are your motives?

The way the show is filmed, and its attention to detail, in addition to the brilliant fight scenes, are the things which make this show great. Lately, characters have had an increasing positive impact on the show. Haruto shows more emotion, Shunpei was there for the child, Rinko is as supportive and decisive as she's always been, and Koyomi has been interacting with all of them in a way which shows that she still accepts them.

Looking forward to the next one.
Behold the Emperor!
Kairiki
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Ankh
Favorite Actor?: Miura Ryosuke
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: KR Wizard 09 released

Post by Kairiki »

Ahhh, this was what I was waiting for, seeing more about Haruto's motivations and more emotion and so on. Brilliant.

I guess my only nitpick was that the bright red of the new form is kind of jarring compared to regular Flame Style, but ehn, that's minor.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I was a bit surprised that Dragon is actually intelligent. I thought he was just some crazed Phantom that wanted to be freed but I guess not. It was pretty neat with the Copy Ring being able to just to copy the Wizardswordgun only.
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Too... much... red... Kinda loses the 'cool' aesthetic of Wizard. Now it's just plain gaudy. =/

I'm just interested to see the Dragon-Haruto connection. Wonder if he'll go berserk later on in the series, like (OOO spoiler) Eiji and
Spoiler
the PuToTyra combo.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The Flame Dragon suit isn't as bad as Fourze's Elec States.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Interesting bit of humanity from Haruto there, we don't usually get Riders saying they're scared.

Dragon's voice coming from Haruto just didn't sound right. Sorry Haruto, you're no Ryoutarou.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Man, Haruto's actor is too skinny. Is he even healthy?

Man, that belt really ruins the scenes.

So, the dragon will work as a Kyubi.

Nice nitouryu, Haru. The dragon coming out of the chest was lame.

Eh, phoenix doesn't die. Well he is the bird of rebirth.

The dragon helmet was cool, but I prefer the normal chest design. And the red cape wasn't cool, though the shoulder pads were.

It was nice to see Haru's reaction to the situation. Makes him less than a perfect hero, which will be useful when he will eventually need to be more vulnerable in a future arc.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

This episode = all of my yes.

I don't think there was a flaw at all in the writing in this episode, which is something that's rare.

So far, this series has been nothing short of awesome.

Very nice to see Haruto admitting that he was scared and that he's just a novice. He usually acts confident and sure of himself and it could've been very easy for him to make excuses but he was upfront about the situation. He was still scared of what could happen when he first tried to use the ring, so he had to get over it and earn the power to win, not it just be given to him. You know the writing/acting is good when you believe the main character thinks he will die, even though we all know there's no way that's going to happen.

Hmm, I wonder what White Wizard is up to? Is he an active supporter of Haruto? Is he fighting Phantoms as well, or is he letting Haruto do all the work? I'm sure we won't find out until at least 20 more episodes.

Spoiler
Oh hey there Long, nice to see you again. Also, green stone? Is this a ring for Haruto?
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Like everyone's been saying. This was a pretty good episode.
Liking the dual-wielding of the WizardSwordGun. Haruto's finally showing more emotion, which is something I remember people taking about.
About him saying that Dragon's power is his Hope, does that mean that Haruto is never going to come close to despair ever?
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I was surprised that I didn't guess Phoenix's special ability sooner. It was pretty obvious if you stop to think about it.

At first, I thought Haruto was just using the new ring incorrectly. The previous episode led me to believe that it had to be paired with the Flame ring on his other hand. I guess they are saving paired rings for the ultimate form.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I like Wizard's new form it makes him look flashy. The finisher was freaking awesome. I love the dragon phantom it makes me want to see him more in the show. To be honest the upgrades are pretty early this year.
Spoiler
When Kuuga got his upgrades it was like late in the show.
I can't wait for the other upgrades and I wonder what their finishers are going to look like.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Wow, even if it was just a dream, the parents death at phoenix hands was pretty brutal. Seriously, it wasn't just an explosion or that sort of thing, Phoenix broke their necks. that is something you don't usually see in this kind of show...like ever.

I really liked the conversation with his phantom. And the fact that he is not a mindless beast makes him a little more frightening. But i'm saying it now, he is gonna become either a good guy by the end, or the very final boss for real.
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

A VERY good episode.

Random Episode thoughts:

Haruto's scene where he admits to being scared was a very well written and well acted scene.

Koyomi cracked a smile?!? Is this a first for her?

Shunpei sticking around for the kid in the hospital was cool. <- Pro Shunpei

Phoenix coming back was obvious. Whoever did not really see that coming, really needs to brush up on thier mythos.

The belt shouting "Flame......................DRAGON!" was freaking awesome as hell to hear. I had to rewind that part a couple of times just to hear the epicness of how the belt said it. He freaking growled out DRAGON!

What are you up to White Wizard?

The copying of the gunblade (teehee!) was pretty cool to see.

Dragon's voice sounds so damn familiar......Can anybody tell me who the voice actor is?

The dream sequence that Haruto had with the kid falling into despair was pretty damn chilling to watch. Definate stark contrast from Fourze. (my first KR show btw)

Speaking of Fourze, Crossover movie preview:
Spoiler
NADESHIKO?!!?!? HELL YES!!

Next Episode Preview:
Spoiler
Mr. Long is back, I wonder what his deal is in the bigger picture.
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

Of course it wouldn't be that easy to get rid of Phoenix. Because of this, though, he is now, to me, the Goldar of the series.

Dual wielding the WizardSwordGun... ugh, even typing it doesn't make it sound right to me. I'm gonna use my personal preference when talking about the weapon, WiZwordGun. Anyway, the dual-wielding was awesome. I didn't even think that the right hand magic rings could be used with it. Hey, there's an idea -
Spoiler
use the Extend Ring with the WiZwordGun and have a sword whip.
<- This is just in case it actually comes up.

As for the transformation, the red on the jacket should have been toned down to about two shades darker than movie Optimus Prime. As for the "Bou" sound, I wonder if it's going to be used for all the upgrades?
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Oh, just a quick question I forgot to ask. What does "Bou" mean? Does it have something to do with Fire? Or is it just some random saying?

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”