Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 11 & music videos released

Post by takenoko »

Hey, Kizaki's not such a bad guy after all. I really liked his acting in this and previous episodes. Long is a pretty good actor compared to his fellow toku actors.

I couldn't take Jörmungandr (the monster in Naoki) seriously. He looked like a giant hand moving around.

I didn't like the music video for Life is Showtime (although I do like the song). I guess the flashy visuals fit the magic show theme, but I don't want to see the goofy looking singer get the shit beat out of him. It just wasn't very entertaining. The battle version of the music video is a little better since it focuses less on the goofy scenes with the singer.
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: KR Wizard 11 & music videos released

Post by zeta_gundam »

takenoko wrote:I couldn't take Jörmungandr (the monster in Naoki) seriously. He looked like a giant hand moving around.

I didn't like the music video for Life is Showtime (although I do like the song). I guess the flashy visuals fit the magic show theme, but I don't want to see the goofy looking singer get the shit beat out of him. It just wasn't very entertaining. The battle version of the music video is a little better since it focuses less on the goofy scenes with the singer.
I was actually disturbed by Jörmungandr. Giant moving hand with dragon/snake heads on a slug like body. It's just unsettling in many ways. =/

Umm. The MV is... weird. Too weird. But from what I heard, that's the typical Golden Bomber (the band that the singer is from) style of doing MVs. So damn weird.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The music video was just a clusterfuck of no. Too much happening vusually and not actually any content.

Episode was pretty good though, always nice to see more of Long, he's a pretty damned good actor. But could they have been any more obvious with the trap? The moment I saw not!Naoki come out of the building I knew it wasn't him.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I thought Jormungandr was a giant hand as well and then I saw its "fingers" were actually fingers. I didn't expect Phoenix to reveal that he was alive to Haruto that soon though. I knew that it wasn't Naoki but I thought it would be Haruto instead of being one of Kizaki's henchmen.

As for the music video, it was too weird that I couldn't properly describe what I saw to other people but I do like the battle version of it better.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote:But could they have been any more obvious with the trap? The moment I saw not!Naoki come out of the building I knew it wasn't him.
Well, it's obvious to you as the viewer, but I can see how a character in the world could be fooled. At least Haruto and company had no idea it was a diversion.

Speaking of the diversion, it bothered me to see Phoenix leave so that Haruto could conveniently return in the nick of time to save Naoki. Why didn't Haruto just go straight to Dragon Flame mode and beat him the same way he did last time? Then with Phoenix out of the way, he'd be free to return to Naoki.

Phoenix's retreat made no sense, since he had the upper hand here. And it's not really in his character to go "Guess I'll stop fighting now that the deception has been exposed." Since you know that he actually retreats. He doesn't return to help Gargoyle kill the actual Naoki or do anything. It basically just doesn't make any sense and only exists to allow Wizard to move to the next battle. That's just lazy writing.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

So I like the Life is Show Time but not the music video. I liked the fighter's version more than the original. The original is just too freaky and weird.
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

takenoko wrote:Phoenix's retreat made no sense, since he had the upper hand here. And it's not really in his character to go "Guess I'll stop fighting now that the deception has been exposed." Since you know that he actually retreats. He doesn't return to help Gargoyle kill the actual Naoki or do anything. It basically just doesn't make any sense and only exists to allow Wizard to move to the next battle. That's just lazy writing.
Definitely agree with you on this point. However, if I had to come to the show's defense, I'd hazard a guess that Phoenix deliberately avoided a long, drawn out fight as he knows that he can be defeated by Flame Dragon. Seeing at how bent out of shape he got with his first defeat, I'm sure Phoenix didn't want a repeat of that.
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

I wanna watch this episode, but the SD version has 1 seed, 274 leechers, and no download completions. I'm currently at 99.7% with 0 (1) seeds. :|

ETA was at 6 days, now it's in a infinity loop.

Hopefully it will finish in the morning when people get it and seed it themselves.
XIII
The Conspiracy
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

kicked it all back into life now
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Yep, it finished! I'll seed it for a couple of days before I have to stop.

Now to watch it.
zeta_gundam
Save the life

Post by zeta_gundam »

takenoko wrote:
Lunagel wrote:But could they have been any more obvious with the trap? The moment I saw not!Naoki come out of the building I knew it wasn't him.
Speaking of the diversion, it bothered me to see Phoenix leave so that Haruto could conveniently return in the nick of time to save Naoki. Why didn't Haruto just go straight to Dragon Flame mode and beat him the same way he did last time? Then with Phoenix out of the way, he'd be free to return to Naoki.

Phoenix's retreat made no sense, since he had the upper hand here. And it's not really in his character to go "Guess I'll stop fighting now that the deception has been exposed." Since you know that he actually retreats. He doesn't return to help Gargoyle kill the actual Naoki or do anything. It basically just doesn't make any sense and only exists to allow Wizard to move to the next battle. That's just lazy writing.
He probably hasn't recovered enough for a drawn out battle with Wizard. That said, it didn't look like Wizard was completely being trashed, at least not as bad as back in Episode 9 (I think that was the first time they battled, right?).

But yes, why the heck did Haruto not go into Dragon Flame?? That part really didn't make much sense.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Quick show of hands, who didn't think Haruto & co would get the green stone in the end? Wizard hasn't been subtle, that's for sure.
zeta_gundam
Save the life

Post by zeta_gundam »

ViRGE wrote:Quick show of hands, who didn't think Haruto & co would get the green stone in the end? Wizard hasn't been subtle, that's for sure.
Well it's a kid's show. No real need to be subtle. =/
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Well, I think the main problem is that it's not subtle but it's also pretty formulaic. Fourze was increeeedibly unsubtle but still broke the mold enough that it was pretty interesting and surprising at times. So far there haven't really been any big surprises in Wizard.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Well, Medusa just reminded Phoenix to gather more magical energy back in the last episode, so that makes sense for Phoenix not to encounter Wizard for a long time....

That scene in the end where they were about to eat, I wish the director prolonged that scene though. I wanna see if Koyomi will join eating too...see if the writing about her is consistent.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”