Don't you miss the good old Kamen Rider shows?

For the Riders we have not graced with our touch...yet

Which do you prefer?

Kuuga - Kabuto
73%
Den-O - Wizard
27%

Total votes: 11
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Don't you miss the good old Kamen Rider shows?

Post by OOOKaiser »

I miss the old Kamen Rider shows (Kuuga - Kabuto). They attracted to me because of the dark elements in them. From Den-O to Fourze I just didn't feel that element anymore. The first six Kamen Rider shows were the best for me. Den-O was funny and there was some sad parts to it I didn't like it when they created a whole bunch of movies. Kiva was awesome but it didn't have that kick to it. Decade was badass but his plot sucked. W did a good job with its story but I still don't feel that dark element I felt when I was watching Kuuga - Kabuto. Fourze was okay but its story line started off late and I felt like they could have done a lot more with the main characters. Lastly, for Wizard. I feel some of the dark elements in the show but Shunpei and Kosuke kind of ruined it for me. In the end I would prefer the good old riders (Kuuga - Kabuto).
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Favorite Actor?: Hiroya Matsumoto
Favorite Band: D'espairsray
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Toku and Visual Kei
Quote: "The only way to get away from loneliness is to love it" - Moi Dix Mois

Re: Don't you miss the good old Kamen Rider shows?

Post by KisekiRed »

Honestly, I think it lost it's Kamen Rider feel with Fourze. The series are good, just doesn't feel like Kamen Rider. Dark elements are always there, just not as shoved in your face as the first few seasons. It's with all the new gimmicks that the Riders have. The switches and rings make it feel a bit less like Kamen Rider and more like a "What will Gimmick item will they use next show." The Medals in OOO was the same way, but for some reason, he still feels like a Rider. My brother and I had this conversation a week ago.
Completed Rider Series: Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze
Completed Sentai Series: Dairanger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters.
[kuronogantzryu]
Everything is drama!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: Mirei Kiritani
Favorite Actor?: Tatsuya Fujiwara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by [kuronogantzryu] »

I've never watched some of the older Heisei series because they seem so dark and gloomy. Doesn't interest me if it starts off shitty and ends off shitty. I've only watched Kabuto and it has its fair share of lightheartedness albeit tons of melodrama. Still a good series nonetheless.
KisekiRed wrote:It's with all the new gimmicks that the Riders have. The switches and rings make it feel a bit less like Kamen Rider and more like a "What Gimmick item will they use next show. The Medals in OOO was the same way, but for some reason, he still feels like a Rider."
Recent Heisei series are starting to become solely kids' shows and the whole "gimmick" thing is done for toy sales but I agree, it makes the shows less Kamen Rider-esque. OOO is the same way because of the dozens of coins available but you're entitled to your opinion.
OOOKaiser wrote:Den-O was funny and there was some sad parts to it I didn't like it when they created a whole bunch of movies. Kiva was awesome but it didn't have that kick to it. Decade was badass but his plot sucked. W did a good job with its story but I still don't feel that dark element I felt when I was watching Kuuga - Kabuto. Fourze was okay but its story line started off late and I felt like they could have done a lot more with the main characters. Lastly, for Wizard. I feel some of the dark elements in the show but Shunpei and Kosuke kind of ruined it for me. In the end I would prefer the good old riders (Kuuga - Kabuto).
For Den-O, the original series is a lot better than the movies after its original run ended. It's clearly just to cash in on the series after so many movies and years. Kiva is awesome but some of the characters aren't really memorable. Decade was more of an amalgamation of all the Riders' general storyline and was really just a plot device used to explore that. W had some really dark stuff in the later half of its run so I'm not sure what you're comparing it to. Fourze might've started its story late but the characterization of its main characters is massive and helps make the viewer care about them as meaningful characters later on. What kind of ruined Wizard for me was Kosuke after he was saved. He just turned into an annoying helper for comedic purposes and doesn't really serve a purpose, yet.
ImageImage
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

That way you split the shows in the poll seems sorta odd to me.
I've seen Ryuki up till Wizard and yeah, I agree, some series are darker than others. But they're still Kamen Riders. They never really felt like anything else to me. Maybe because I just don't have anything to compare it to.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

[kuronogantzryu] wrote: What kind of ruined Wizard for me was Kosuke after he was saved. He just turned into an annoying helper for comedic purposes and doesn't really serve a purpose, yet.
I agree with u on that one. Kosuke seems like a rider just written in the show so he could have only comedic purposes. The only time he got serious was when his Grandma was in danger and when he was getting his second form.
Revorse wrote: That way you split the shows in the poll seems sorta odd to me.
I've seen Ryuki up till Wizard and yeah, I agree, some series are darker than others. But they're still Kamen Riders. They never really felt like anything else to me. Maybe because I just don't have anything to compare it to.
I split up the shows in the poll like that because I thought Kuuga to Kabuto was the darker shows and Den-O to Wizard was lighter shows. You should watch Kamen Rider Kuuga and Agito then. Maybe you can compare the shows you watched to them instead.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Kuuga-Kabuto were "darker" but, don't ignore the fact that they had comic relief all their own too. Offhand.. Ryuki had Ore Journal, Agito had Hikawa being a (lovable) dolt, etc.
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by KisekiRed »

Kuuga had Yuusuke
Completed Rider Series: Amazon, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze
Completed Sentai Series: Dairanger, Magiranger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Revorse wrote: That way you split the shows in the poll seems sorta odd to me.
I split up the shows in the poll like that because I thought Kuuga to Kabuto was the darker shows and Den-O to Wizard was lighter shows. You should watch Kamen Rider Kuuga and Agito then. Maybe you can compare the shows you watched to them instead.
Soon as TV-Nihon's done I'll get on that.
But even though the newer stuff is a lot lighter, even compared to the darker series I did see, Blade, Faiz etc. I don't think it makes them any less of Riders(Newer Riders).
From a series stand point yeah some of the older series might be better, but in terms of the Rider themselves there is a nice handful of newer Riders who'd beat the shit out of the older, darker Riders. But I think I went a bit off track with my thought..
KisekiRed
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by KisekiRed »

For me atleast, I fell like OOO was the last of the Rider feel. My friend started watching Kamen Rider Kiva and we watched an episode together waiting for my brother to finish up something. I sat there thinking, "Man, something about the feeling of the Riders I miss." So, that's what I think personally. Just because Wizard and Fourze didn't have that feeling to me, I still thought they were fun to watch.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

KisekiRed wrote:For me atleast, I fell like OOO was the last of the Rider feel. My friend started watching Kamen Rider Kiva and we watched an episode together waiting for my brother to finish up something. I sat there thinking, "Man, something about the feeling of the Riders I miss." So, that's what I think personally. Just because Wizard and Fourze didn't have that feeling to me, I still thought they were fun to watch.
I know what you mean. OOO and W was the last of the Rider feel for me. If the writers could only work on the plot and not like the toys then the Kamen Rider series can become a whole lot better.

Return to “Kamen Rider”