Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 03 released

harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 03 released

Post by harpdevil »

I'm enjoying the new Garo, but the ADR is curiously awful. Everyone looks and sounds like they've been dubbed over from another language.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Miyagishin
Humongous
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Suit Actors!
Quote: To overcome the intelligent by folly is contrary to the natural order of things; to overcome the foolish by intelligence is in accord with the natural order. To overcome the intelligent by intelligence, however, is a matter of opportunity.
--Zhuge Liang

Post by Miyagishin »

harpdevil wrote:I'm enjoying the new Garo, but the ADR is curiously awful. Everyone looks and sounds like they've been dubbed over from another language.
Hmm, I guess I haven't noticed bad looping as much. Can you point out some spots?

Legitimately curious!

Also... Not sure if anyone has brought this up but Aguri Kusugami or Gai the Bow Knight (what are we calling him?!) reminds me of Uryū Ishida from Bleach. Especially when he did the glasses re-adjustment and the way his character is. I'm sure there are more characters he is like but its extremely similar.
Spoiler
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

One of the first posts actually brought up that comparison. I was planning on calling him Heavenly Bow Knight Guy, since the knights in Garo often have English names.
Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Doguso »

takenoko wrote:I hadn't noticed that. But then again, not all Garos are equal? Taiga's Garo had different colored eyes and a mantle.
I didn't notice Taiga's Garo being different... need to rewatch his scenes. But that kind of makes sense. But the untransformed sword? That strikes me as odd. Maybe there's a reason or perhaps the sword changes Garo to Garo just like the armor. Interesting that Ryuuga has an ungoldened Garo but his scabbard is white, almost ironic.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Doguso wrote:
takenoko wrote:I hadn't noticed that. But then again, not all Garos are equal? Taiga's Garo had different colored eyes and a mantle.
I didn't notice Taiga's Garo being different... need to rewatch his scenes. But that kind of makes sense. But the untransformed sword? That strikes me as odd. Maybe there's a reason or perhaps the sword changes Garo to Garo just like the armor. Interesting that Ryuuga has an ungoldened Garo but his scabbard is white, almost ironic.
I think that, like the armor puts on your body, the "big" sword goes on the "little" sword, so you can have any sword (soul metal at least) and, when you summon your armor, the powered up sword is gonna cover the other one.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I don't know guys, this show so far has been okay only. The nudity went in full force in this one and I thought it was too much. Seeing Gai as a chick-magnet guy is a little too awkward for me to see due to Gokaiger. Looks like we will continue to get CGI battles in the series and barely any physical armor action. Lastly, the boss in this episode looks like a boss you would see in a video game. Lol....I'm having a hard time connecting to the heroes so far.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

They sure have upped the ante regarding nudity in this season. Thanks for the fair warning beforehand, folks.

Though it makes me wonder. If Kusugami intended for the horror to capture him, what would he do when he was put in Gai's position? Surely he wouldn't be able to fire his arrow from there.

Seems like Takeru is going to be the rash simpleton of the group. Unless Volcity is a city where you can find naked girl for free, it's hilarious that he intended to find one.

Overall, nice unintended teamwork. I think this was the first garo series to have a character wonder out loud the amount of casualty caused by horrors.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

You can never had too much nudity.
Wasn't a bad episode. Takeru's sort of annoying to me. He seems unnecessarily rough around the edges.
Aguri's pretty cool. So far I'm liking him the most. His armor is what really takes the cake though. I like how his horns/ears? are placed. One long. one short.
As for his resemblance to Uryu, I find alot of characters from anime and video games with glasses are usually the cold and calculating type. Sort of an asshole but usual cool enough for it not to matter to me.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Too much CGI armor battles. I just want to see one physical armor battle and I would be happy :|
SpinelSun
Faiz
Favorite series: Kabuto,Decade,@DEEP
2nd Favorite Series: Magi,Deka,Shinken
Dreamy: Matsushima Hatsune
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by SpinelSun »

harpdevil wrote:I'm enjoying the new Garo, but the ADR is curiously awful. Everyone looks and sounds like they've been dubbed over from another language.
Still not as bad as it was in Megaranger. Absolutely horrible. Voice/mouth out of sync alot, many characters (especially Kubota-hakase and Shun) barely moving their mouths and not showing much emotion but in the voice over they are shouting...
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Naked chick, check.

Gai, where were you keeping that sword? They censored the juiciest parts...

LOL @ Ryuga covering the horror and then slashing it.

The action was great as always and I like how they didn't rely too much on CG, which was a problem in the 2nd season.

I really like the characters and their dynamic. It's a big plus for this series. Glasses' plan was awesome.

Looking forward to the next episodes.
[snip]
Last edited by XIII on Wed May 08, 2013 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: that link had spoilers for eps we havent released yet, please dont do that

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”