Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 05 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_05

Wow, I was not expecting that twist with Enhou. I guess if you work for the man, you're going to get corrupted.

That said, it's a bit disappointing to see people just turn into monsters for no reason. The previous Horrors were bad people to begin with, so it's not surprising that the evil inside them manifests in turning them to monsters.

These Madou Horrors being good people originally could be interesting. Very interesting, in fact. But the writing will need to back that up. Garo's usually pretty good, so let's hope my faith isn't misplaced.

It's just a bit disappointing since the character that was Enhou, who they've been building up over the last couple of episodes (maybe even the entire series?) is now gone. She's more or less just the monster inside her now, and that's not quite as interesting.

Well, at least Fire-4 didn't end up with nothing out of the deal. I dunno, the last episode made me feel like Enhou felt nothing for the guy. So it seemed kind of sudden to see them in bed together, despite the clues that they were lovers in the last episode being present. Given how cold Enhou is, it sort of makes sense that she doesn't express romantic feelings for Yoshitomi the way he does for her.

We keep seeing that girl singing in the statue. And that voice talking to Enhou at the end. I wonder if that's someone connected to the Kaneshiro Group.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 05 released

Post by Lunagel »

The bit where Rian was lesbing over Enhou was rather amusing, pity we won't see more of that with her gone over to the Dark Side now. Personally, I rather like this twist to the story arc. It was unexpected and now we've got a bit of a Gollum thing going on. I'll be interested to see how this turns out.

However, what is rather disturbing is that more and more it's seeming like Ryuuga's the weak link of the series. He can't really act and most of his lines are rather overtly dubbed over. Put him next to Gai and Rian and no one's really looking at him. Even the bit where Enhou started to shoot him, he just acts like a kicked puppy dog than a Mahou Knight. Kouga would have been like "Whatevs, I didn't need you anyway, laterz bitches." but Ryuuga's all "But I thought we were friends!"

I like the way the story is now going, but I'm just saying, it's episode 5 and I haven't seen a single non-CGI suit. I don't think there's actually any physical suits made. And that's just lame.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The thing I don't like about Enhou's turn is that she doesn't seem to have any control over it. If a character has no free will or concept of what's going on in a matter, they're not really the same character that they were before.

I like Ryuuga just fine. They established that he was a very different Garo than Kouga in episode one.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Lunagel wrote:I like the way the story is now going, but I'm just saying, it's episode 5 and I haven't seen a single non-CGI suit. I don't think there's actually any physical suits made. And that's just lame.
If they go through the whole show without using a non-CGI suit then I'll be disappointed. Just one battle without the CGI suit and I'll be so happy.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I can't believe the people who can't get into this series because of lack of non-CGI for the fights. It's such a small portion of the show. Your priorities need rethinking if that's the case. Anyway, so it's confirmed that Enhou is a Madou Horror. I was going nuts over trying to figure out if she was a Horror or not. I guess she goes out and gets random guys to eat them for later. I love what Takeru did Ryuuga. It's payback for almost getting hit by a car.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Phoenix512 wrote:Anyway, so it's confirmed that Enhou is a Madou Horror. I was going nuts over trying to figure out if she was a Horror or not. I guess she goes out and gets random guys to eat them for later.
The way I interpreted it was that later that night after seeing the Inga horror, she was "got to" and infected by whatever process makes Madou horrors (or perhaps it had been started already... but it moved a stage further then). That night she was forced to feed, she was horrified and thought it was a dream or a nightmare. The way they set things up and paced them, it really has a sort of forced vampire transformation vibe to it. The thing is, I don't think she was fully transformed until she lost control on the rooftop due to seeing blood, and then ate her boyfriend. (Ala like a vampire transformation being completed by their first willing feeding.)

It is kind of a shame for the characters (her and the boyfriend) we lost but what a twist in only the 5th episode. Potential love interest for the main character? NOPE! Possibly the big bad's dragon. And what's really up with the goddess statues? Shrines holding a great evil in check or a horror intercom system?
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkCrusnik »

Lunagel wrote: it's seeming like Ryuuga's the weak link of the series. He can't really act and most of his lines are rather overtly dubbed over.
....I disagree...
I think his actions are because he is broken. ..so became a retard...well that wont be obvious in the first ten episodes...but yeah... I love his face reaction...just like you said...a sad puppy XD... and... I dont think garo's producers would choose someone useless in acting...because garo...ESPECIALLY GARO, focuses on face language

kouga loved kao...he cared...his face showed...but his hi and might act couldn't let him. .so with most charcters....Anyway... I think this will last more than 25...so we still have time to check if my theory is right...
Kotei
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
My boom: Photography

Post by Kotei »

Felt weird hearing Fantasie Impromptu for two consecutive episodes...

Damn, Rian. So freaking blunt to Enhou lol.

That light thing is pretty cool.

Hopefully I'll get used to the CGI armour because I don't think it's going to stop. (It might be a physical suit when it fully accepts Ryuuga?)
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I've looked at the Japanese wiki and there's no suit actors listed for the series, which makes me think there's only going to be CGI fights.
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

Might as well get this out of the way: Damn, Enhou is hot!

Now then, I didn't really like Enhou becoming a Madou Horror, at least not this early anyway. At first I thought she was just hallucinating when she was forced to eat people, but I guess all that was really true. They almost set it up to where the Horror was haunting her or soemthing, but in the end it was all real and the Horror really wasn't a huge part of the arc? It just feels like they wasted all that potential with Enhou and just decided to make her a Horror instead of actually building on a possible Ryuuga/Enhou relationship. I do like her Horror form, looks pretty sweet.

Is is just me, or was anybody else put off by the weird camera angles in the arc? There were some shots where it was from a 1st person view, and there were others where it just showed lips/legs/eyes etc.
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

enhou. i'm sure before the end, she will recover herself and fight the horrors.

but, oh boy, i think someone in the staf has a cannibal fetish...

poor gai, he will never get to transform. i think she should kept his gokaiger morpher.

Yeah...to be honest, considering she was likely drunk at the moment, i can't stop thinking the sex scene was technically him taking advantage of her...
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

MarcosPMA wrote:Is is just me, or was anybody else put off by the weird camera angles in the arc? There were some shots where it was from a 1st person view, and there were others where it just showed lips/legs/eyes etc.
Yeah, I was kinda annoyed by those. It's like the cameraman took a film class and then just shoved in all the angles he could so it would look more "artsy". Honestly it's quite distracting, mostly because it adds nothing to the narrative and just makes you wonder why the camera's being so silly.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

takenoko wrote:
It's just a bit disappointing since the character that was Enhou, who they've been building up over the last couple of episodes (maybe even the entire series?) is now gone. She's more or less just the monster inside her now, and that's not quite as interesting.
I disagree. while it is true that it was a waste to have Enhou just turn into a monster. She had enough interaction with the others for them to believe she is a human. So now she is able to act more freely around them.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MadCow »

locuas wrote:
takenoko wrote:
I disagree. while it is true that it was a waste to have Enhou just turn into a monster. She had enough interaction with the others for them to believe she is a human. So now she is able to act more freely around them.
My thought about this is that it happened too fast. We had 3 episodes to introduce the character, and then at the beginning of ep 4 I thought of it as her first exposure into the real setting; then all of a sudden she's turned by the end of ep 5. I would have preferred if she would spend a couple more episodes discovering her world turned upside down before she discovers herself to be one of them.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

i think the same as with wizard upgrade into infinity, they could have made it into a three parter, with more of enhou's conflict about the idea of becoming a monster

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”