Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 39 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_39

NO WIZARD NEXT WEEK, NEXT ONE TO AIR: JUNE 23RD

Pretty decent episode of Wizard. Even Naomi seemed to have warmed up, despite being completely caustic for almost two complete episodes.

Got to love the rivalry between men. Watching Nitou bow out and Haruto and Kazuya rebuild their friendship by overcoming the accident that tore them apart.

But screw all that stuff, we're here because we want to know who the mysterious guy is. (His name is Fueki? Is there some joke I'm not getting there?) And yeah, unless you had half your brain missing, of course he's the white mage.

Looking forward to the next episode.

As usual, 40 episodes just totally snuck up on me. It always surprises me when we get to episode 40 and go "Oh yeah, we're in the endgame and the series will end soon. How about that?"
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Wizard 39 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I just like how Haruto gives praise and insults to Golem at the same time. "Nice for you that you got out of the house but you were late though." Without Golem's interference Haruto would never met the real White Mage and find out Wajima's connection to him.

Two weeks episode preview

Spoiler
I don't think this will happen but it would be funny if the episode revolves around Nitou trying to learn to ride a motorcycle. Can't be a Kamen Rider without a bike.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

So 笛木 (Fueki)... Literally "wooden flute"... Is that a reference or something?

I like how we see Golem running out of the house to give Haruto the ring, and how he goes all "Oh man! I'm too late!" when Haruto said he was too late. I like Golem out of all the other Plamonsters. He's cute. But it seems that Golem has like... infinite mana or something? Remember how in earlier episodes, the other Plamonsters will 'expire' and disappear back into Rings? Golem seems to be around all the time or something.

Also, the purple stone was quite big. You mean all Wajima could do was one ring? Speaking of ring-making, I would presume that the magic rocks for creating the various rings were all provided for by Fueki earlier...

And with the ring that was made, the one with the moon on it, I see two possibilities being played out here. Spoilers, just in case. Also, next episode.
Spoiler
Just guessing, but...

1) White mage and Wiseman are one and the same person. The ring that Wajima made will bring about another eclipse (or something) and open another Sabbath or something.

2) White mage and Wiseman are different people, and the ring that Wajima made will stop the Sabbath.

Next episode:
- Mayu comes back?! Does that mean we'll see a female Kamen Rider within the main series for the first time!?! All other female Riders up till now have only appeared in movies/specials.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

> Remember how in earlier episodes, the other Plamonsters will 'expire' and disappear back into Rings? Golem seems to be around all the time or something.

Golem just sits around the house anyway. The other familiars actually expend energy doing stuff. Golem probably gets a refill of magical energy off screen.

>Also, the purple stone was quite big. You mean all Wajima could do was one ring? Speaking of ring-making, I would presume that the magic rocks for creating the various rings were all provided for by Fueki earlier...

Except the one that Wiseman left? Or the one from Gremlin
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I was actually referring to the orange ones. Bad phrasing on my part. Oops.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

A nice conclusion to this arc.

Haruto keeps coming up with different methods of escaping from Phantoms, and this time it was a Copy/Defend combination. I found that quite innovative.

I like how Nitou acts as the catalyst for the two of them to resolve any issues or misunderstandings between them.

Nice seeing Water Dragon again, I really miss the Water forms.

So Haruto did have the power afterall to defeat Behemut (Infinity Style). Not sure why he didn't use it earlier. But the fight was as exciting and dynamic as always.

Notice how Haruto doesn't truly answer whether he's going back into football in the future. He just says he will continue being a mage since that is the path he follows now. I thought that reflects his attitude and mentality so far very well.

I guess protecting your own dream by never giving up and protecting others' dreams by being a mage are two ways of protecting hope. I enjoyed that parallelism.

Fueki is certainly up to something, and had he had nothing to hide or had his mentality been the same as Haruto's, he wouldn't be so cold towards him or even Wajima (who he had to threaten to get the ring made). Notice how his hand is a fist when he transforms, in contrast to the relaxed hand of Haruto.

A ring that can save many lives? Why does this sound similar to "save many regardless of a few people dying"? If that's the case, that would be against Haruto's mentality, wouldn't it?

Golem you are funny as always.

Preview:
Spoiler
Finally, Mayu appears, and it seems Medusa gets serious.
Behold the Emperor!
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Haruto and Kazuya finally make up so they can make out. :lol: Naomi was probably jealous.

It seems like KR can't have a mysterious ally that doesn't have a sinister streak. "Haruto, I'm your ally. Muahaha!"
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I thought the ending was kind of random, no resolution of the arc plot, just OMG White Wizard.

It's hard to tell his motivations. I remember back to the Infinity Arc, and how he wasn't happy with Infinity, but I imagine his plot is independent of Wisemans and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I wouldn't say that the arc didn't have a resolution since the resolution took place when they had their one on one. I don't think they can really do much else with it.
kirifuda
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: super sentai
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider
Dreamy: momotaros
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: i'm gonna tear down my barriers with my own hands

Post by kirifuda »

I swear to all things KR that I spent the first half of the episode wanting to bunch Naomi in the face. I mean I get there are other things (like redeveloping friendship and stuff) and I want to focus on them but good lord did they have to throw in a character that aggravating this close to end game? Thank god she's just a two-epi character or I would have to drop this show like it was on fire. Then we have Rinko-chan and Shunpei-chan watch dogs who do their whole HARUTO GOOD GUY speech ( Seriously guys just punch her in the face and leave her out cold for the rest of the episode no one would notice or care )

Nitou is such a cute guy I don't even. He really does seem to understand people a lot more than they give him credit for...and he also totally has that annoying chick pegged omg. ( and that look on his face when she shows up ahahaha )

also he is some kind of thief?! Stop being adorable.

Also the ring is really pretty~ ( and I love the cerberus plamonster! )
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

^That girl pissed me off even more than the guy who paid some people to beat up his best friend.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Slowking wrote:So Haruto did have the power afterall to defeat Behemut (Infinity Style). Not sure why he didn't use it earlier. But the fight was as exciting and dynamic as always.
The two part format for KR means that this is always a problem, but this two-parter was especially bad in that respect. They really didn't even try on this one.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I spent most of the past two episodes wishing Naomi would die in a fire.
kirifuda
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: super sentai
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider
Dreamy: momotaros
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: i'm gonna tear down my barriers with my own hands

Post by kirifuda »

Dengar wrote:^That girl pissed me off even more than the guy who paid some people to beat up his best friend.
Lunagel wrote:I spent most of the past two episodes wishing Naomi would die in a fire.
I am so very pleased to know that I was not the only one to think this. I actually found myself skipping the parts that had her in it and having to go back and watch them when part of the plot didn't add up (because they'd explained it with her there).

Gahhh hated her.
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

ViRGE wrote:
Slowking wrote:So Haruto did have the power afterall to defeat Behemut (Infinity Style). Not sure why he didn't use it earlier. But the fight was as exciting and dynamic as always.
The two part format for KR means that this is always a problem, but this two-parter was especially bad in that respect. They really didn't even try on this one.
Yeah, he spent an episode and a half getting his ass handed to him and it never seemed to occur to him that he should use his new all powerful form even though he's supposed to be trying extra hard to protect his old friend whom he feels guilty about hurting all those years ago :p Unless there was some restriction in an earlier episode that I missed....

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”