Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 11 released

Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 11 released

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Definitely a more enjoyable episode. I also liked that the Wanted poster for Ryuga said "GENDER: MAN" and "SKIN COLOR: YELLOW". XD
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

I'm well-pleased with this episode. It might have been filler-slash-character development focused but it had that feel season 1 did of making the characters actually important. Rian, for me, has been the most interesting character and now we know where her saucy disposition comes from. And I'm gay so if I'm paying attention to the hot token female? It says something. (After seeing Ryuga in tight slacks I'm a lot more interested in him. Dude's ass is FINE.)

Other high points - Ryuga explicitly saying he has the power of psychometry and then demonstrating it. Sure it's a random psychic power but why not?

Everyone got some screen time, even if it was just a check-in. TBH I think the reason Glasses-kun got sent away is that he's usually working with Rian and they may have felt they needed to send him off so she could pair up with Ryuga.

I liked the way the Inga horror was set up. I thought "this is a classic season 1 Inga horror scheme... oh but there's the SG1 woman so I guess it's a madou horror unless she's ... oh yes, she's cooperating...!"
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

I just started watching Garo this series, so I would like to ask. Do the series always include former/ current AV star in as guests or this just happened in Yami wo Terasu Mono?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's not the first time or the last time for sure.
kirifuda
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: super sentai
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider
Dreamy: momotaros
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: i'm gonna tear down my barriers with my own hands

Post by kirifuda »

Takeru you are turning into a stalker STAHP. Seriously. I'm inclined to agree with who said it before that he was much better as Gai - it's hard not to typecast him after that roll but I'm just...not feeling him in this at all. I don't even really understand where his obsession with Rui came from - eating her rice balls that one time? Because from there it sort of seemed like he just was all "oh hey, underage chick LET'S DO THIS". I mean I get he tried to save her family and all and ended up with her somehow being saved (and then the best case of I AM ACTING, ACTING, LOOK I AM ACTING ever) but it's like....what.

Aguri you have a cool name please show up more? Sucks you got sent off, I wonder if it's part of the plot or if he was such an unpopular character they just wrote him off the show?

Also I was wondering about Ryuuga. Good to know that he didn't know his dad after all and it was pretty easy to assume mom was dead and what have you. Hoepfully we'll learn a bit more about him.

I...don't care for Rian? I don't know where they're trying to go with her character but that's sort of par for the course with this entire series. No one seems developed at all, even eleven episodes in, and it's sad.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Alessar wrote: (After seeing Ryuga in tight slacks I'm a lot more interested in him. Dude's ass is FINE.)
Somehow, I missed that. Though I tend to get into the plot of Garo more than doing the eye-candy thing.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

I love the development of the conversation:

- Am I empty?
- If you are empty, fill that in.
- Okay, make me a baby then.
Alessar
Salami Commander

Post by Alessar »

Saejima Kouga wrote:
Alessar wrote: (After seeing Ryuga in tight slacks I'm a lot more interested in him. Dude's ass is FINE.)
Somehow, I missed that. Though I tend to get into the plot of Garo more than doing the eye-candy thing.
It's ok Kouga, you're still way hotter ;)
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Oh, I know. x]
Wild Goose
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Wild Goose »

Decent ep all round, great action, and damn, Ryuuga was rocking the suit and hat. Ditto Rian.

Also, I agree - given that the last two series have shown the love interests in the End, I sense Rian might end up with Ryuuga. I also have to wonder what's his connection to the Saejima family.

Also, note that Kouga's mom is a Makai Priest, and IIRC Leo noted that Kaoru could have trained as a Makai Priest (though by the time he met her she was probably waaay to old to start training). And now potential love interest Rian is also a Makai Priest.

The men of the Garo line seem to have a thing for Makai Priests, don't they? :p
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'm not sure if they have a thing for Makai Priests or it's just that they need to keep the bloodline "pure" so to speak.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Like Barago said in Kiba Gaiden, a lot a Makai couple were of a Knight and a Priestess.

For Ryouga connection to the Saejima, I think he has none, but his mom could have been a Saejima descendant.

About Kaoru, didn't you realize that she was the only one that lend her brush to a Makai Knight without being a Priestess herself? In her case, she lent it to her lover to finish Gamon. I know there was the Sacred Beast eps, but it's still a Chekhov's Gun.

About Takeru, Rui is someone he want to protect. She doesn't have to be his girlfriend. Someone doesn't have to be a lover or family to be important for someone.

I love the development of the conversation:

- Am I empty?
- If you are empty, fill that in.
- Okay, make me a baby then.
I can't stop laughing each time I read this. I don't even think they did it on purpose. But it summarize well the conversation.
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

I get the feeling they're trying to increase representations of foreigners, although it seems to be mostly white people, but the quality of them is debatable. I was surprised and glad that he was British but he was kind of still stereotypical. He also didn't act that different to an American person, which I suppose proves that they don't see much of a difference. It shows me what I'm up against, that's for sure. I thought he could have spoke a lot more Japanese than he did. His taste in women made me laugh.

On the positive, I'm glad there's a main romantic storyline with the main character again. I suppose things typically set out to be different then end up more like the one before.
Alessar
Salami Commander

Post by Alessar »

Wild Goose wrote:I sense Rian might end up with Ryuuga. I also have to wonder what's his connection to the Saejima family.
I think it would be really interesting if Rian is the one with a connection to the Saejima family. I'm not saying I think she is, but that would be a great twist. ("I never met my dad; my mom was an artist. I was found to have a strong talent for Makai arts so Uncle Leo started training me...)
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Lunagel wrote: So now Gai/Takeru is shacking up with the 16 year old? And Rian has the hots for Ryuuga? When did this turn into a soap opera?

If Rian ends up with Ryuuga I will be very disappointed. She had better chemistry with the SG1 chick.
17, she is 17. her family's paperwork said 17.

so, Aguri is not only underused, but now he is gonna disappear for many episodes...yep, he is Ishida.

i love the news report about ryuuga: "we believe he is hiding in volcity"... as oppose to outside the city? were they afraid people would think he leaves the city at night and returns the next day? i know what they meant, but this has to be at least a few days after he was declared a criminal, i would think this information was already given. then again, i guess it is better than to hear "no crime has been commited in volcity...even tough that is just impossible and would mean SG1 is just a giant waste of money, have a nice day!" day after day.
well, i gues sam's existence explain why there are some things in english instead of just japanese.

Ryuuga's gender and skin is amusing, especially since they have that information ALONGSIDE A CLEAR PICTURE OF RYUUGA.

Rian, i think you are skipping a few steps. a baby does not come until the thhird date at least.

i'm sorry rian, but i think you deserved that slap.

interesting idea to bring food by opening a...bar? a brothel? i am seriously not sure what the place is supposed to be.

So wait, they don't accept girls? even tough the horror said she can transform into men? i guess it would be awkward to have men and women in the same room, but not even a "women's room"? there are such things as female oriented...clubs?
also, "Paradaice", well, i guess if the owners of the place can't care enough to check if they wrote it correctly, it must mean it is a very exlusive...establishment?
if it was in kanji, maybe i could get the wrong spelling(hey, studio ghibli's name is also spell wrong) but paradaice in plain english...

the moon makes the girl feel nostalgic despite erasing her memory? and they are surprised to hear it? that can only mean......SHE IS A SLEEPING GAROU! THEY HAVE A BADASS FEMALE WEREWOLF AS THEIR ALLY!
i cannot believe i made that joke...(and yes, i said garou, not garo)

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”