2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Re: KR Wizard 40 released

Post by StereotypeAsian »

Yeah, not particularly loving the Mage design, but oh well.

Lotta places are drawing connections between Faiz and Wizard. Only connection I see, or care, is Mage - Riotrooper similarity. Both riders of, well, ambiguous purposes mass produced in the movie as mooks.
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

takenoko wrote:I didn't notice that Mage had her own page. I guess she's in that section because they both use the shirioimahoutsukai belt.

Mage is fine as a generic nobody Rider in the movie. For Mayu though, it seems like a wasted opportunity. I mean, Mage doesn't really look too different from the Ghuls too me. For a show that makes a new monster suit every two weeks, don't you think you could have come up with something better than that?
That's my exact problem. I don't like the suit too much anyway but knowing it's the generic grunt suit for the movie really ruins the effect for me that she's supposed to be important. Was it really so hard to make a new suit for her?
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Revorse wrote:Haven't seen the full episode yet. But I did make sure to catch the ending when Mayu transformed. I saw this picture on Facebook and it pretty much copies how I feel.
[ Image ]
Lol that's awesome
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Well the movie isn't released until August, right? So even if Mayu is just another KR Mage, at least she debuts first. Technically, the movie's Mages would be copying her.
Karoum
7X

Post by Karoum »

If it were so easy to mass-copy her it doesn't matter if she came first. Just means she's cheap.
TNT
7X

Post by TNT »

Dang I was really hoping for MAyu' s belt to follow ETM's suggestion. "Like totally" :P

Anyway, I loved the Phantomś plan. :) I also loved Nitou's look of pure bliss when he stole Shunpei's bike to attack the phantom.

The picture that was posted sums up my feelings on Mayu's change as well.

I'm annoyed at the preview at the end of this episode, way to spoilery. Normally it's a lot more tease like.
Spoiler
Kid becomes a mage, but apparently doesn't want to. Medusa escapes her first encounter wihth Mayu (probably by strolling away)
Only good part is WW's magic spear stick thing.
Merisusa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: PGSM / Akibaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze / Gokaiger
Dreamy: Nephrite / Yumeria
Favorite Actor?: Masato Wada
Favorite Band: Yuzu / Daft Punk
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Gekiga
Quote: We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. -Oscar Wilde

Post by Merisusa »

Revorse wrote:Haven't seen the full episode yet. But I did make sure to catch the ending when Mayu transformed. I saw this picture on Facebook and it pretty much copies how I feel.
[ Image ]
That encapsulates my feelings perfectly... It just seems so sad that a show can have such a strong sense of design at the start, but by the end be so half-assed. I can't decided if it is overall laziness, poor application of buget, or both. :?
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

I think it's time for "Beast, The Wizard" to get another form. Maybe that'll take our minds off the poorly design costume, that is "Kamen Rider Mage."
Enter the Meteor
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Wizard 40: "I Want to Ride a Bike"

Post by Enter the Meteor »

My thought:

IT was great!

Observations:

Kizaki stopped Haurto from messing with his phone!

Sora was actually there and not just a stock clip.

Mayu is Mage!

Kousuke helping out Yuzuru, that camp fire scene made me shed tears.

Having Sylphi make the bike hit Akari was cruel, Sora, you know how to pick them!
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Well that was a disappointing Rider costume design. It looks just like a Riotrooper from Faiz. Did Toei forget that they are still fresh in our minds after seeing them in action during the Decade series? I'm cool with having a female Rider though it was just the design that got me disappointed. Also, I thought Nitou was going to get a motorcycle in this show too. But I guess not. Instead, he helps teach a kid to ride a bicycle. The main plot of this episode was understandable but I still think it was forced just to give us a reason to care for the characters being introduced.
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

gh0stwrit3r wrote: Back to KR Mage
What's with the monster hand? You'd think Mayu would atleast have normal hands, being special and all.
coz she use that hand to do things to Fueki after training session =P
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)
Type: INFP Healer

Post by tr0jance »

Whose the girl who played Akari? for research purposes :D
That costume looks kinda generic, a rider army maybe, just my opinion though.
tr0jance
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Mayuko Arisue
Favorite Band: Loaded Diaper
My boom: Imagination
Quote: (silently fades in shadows)
Type: INFP Healer

Post by tr0jance »

chronoxiong wrote:Well that was a disappointing Rider costume design. It looks just like a Riotrooper from Faiz. Did Toei forget that they are still fresh in our minds after seeing them in action during the Decade series? I'm cool with having a female Rider though it was just the design that got me disappointed. Also, I thought Nitou was going to get a motorcycle in this show too. But I guess not. Instead, he helps teach a kid to ride a bicycle. The main plot of this episode was understandable but I still think it was forced just to give us a reason to care for the characters being introduced.

Did your Sig actually happened? :shock:
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

chronoxiong wrote:Well that was a disappointing Rider costume design. It looks just like a Riotrooper from Faiz. Did Toei forget that they are still fresh in our minds after seeing them in action during the Decade series? I'm cool with having a female Rider though it was just the design that got me disappointed. Also, I thought Nitou was going to get a motorcycle in this show too. But I guess not. Instead, he helps teach a kid to ride a bicycle. The main plot of this episode was understandable but I still think it was forced just to give us a reason to care for the characters being introduced.
there seem to be a belief in media around the world that if 5 years have pass, no one remembers what happened and you can do the same thing again,
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Well, while I would have liked her to get an actual Rider suit, I kind of get why she's using the generic movie Rider suit, aside from the whole aspect of using things from the movie in the series. Still, I was hoping that purple magic stone was for her I guess you can't just be Haruto lucky and get four magic stones all at once :/
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”