Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 12 released

Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 12 released

Post by Dragonfan »

I think that 25-6 episodes are enough. Actually, most of the shows in USA and a lot of good anime have just 2X episodes, so maybe I`m used to it.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by MissTokuLover »

yeah alot of animes are short, but there are also alot of good ones that are like 40 or 50+ eps long too. I guess I'm just used to watching longer shows & Tokus like KR and Super Sentai, so watching Garo feels like it's too short in comparison. I guess I just don't want it to end so soon since I love it more than KR and MUCH more than Sentai.

Snip
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Man, I can't imagine these shows even longer. Especially this season, they're focusing so heavily on establishing their desired mood, it feels like entire episodes are already filler.

I only like Takeru in the scenes where he's trying to be sweet and decent to the amnesia girl.

A while back, I was really concerned about why I thought Tsunenori Aoki the archer Knight was so familiar-looking. I thought he looked kind of like Kato Kazuki who played Daisuke in Kabuto. Hilariously enough, it is not that guy, and yet... they both played the same character in different seasons of TeniMyu. (And... so did Inoue Masahiro. Jesus, TeniMyu really is full of toku guys.)
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

dancercotillion wrote:Man, I can't imagine these shows even longer. Especially this season, they're focusing so heavily on establishing their desired mood, it feels like entire episodes are already filler.
I'll have to disagree with you there, this season seems to be more story-driven rather than focusing too much on the world building, which to me, is a nice change.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

MissTokuLover wrote:
dancercotillion wrote:Man, I can't imagine these shows even longer. Especially this season, they're focusing so heavily on establishing their desired mood, it feels like entire episodes are already filler.
I'll have to disagree with you there, this season seems to be more story-driven rather than focusing too much on the world building, which to me, is a nice change.
The first eleven episodes felt like filler to me. Then when it hit episode 12 I felt like it was going into its main story. That's what it feels like to me.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

although it's true that they were only truly starting to hunt down the Madou Horrors from ep 12, which should be part of the main story since the Madou Horrors are their real targets.
However, the first 11 eps did not feel like fillers to me at all, they helped to build up to the main story, hence, they didn't feel like fillers to me. Unlike alot of the utterly pointless fillers you see in KR and Super Sentai.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

I can't believe that someone find episode 9 filler XD.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Dragonfan wrote:I can't believe that someone find episode 9 filler XD.
haha yep yep, EPISODE 9 WAS A BIG FILLER XD
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

As for ep 9, the reason why I do not think it was a filler simply because it was NOT.

Why? Think about, even before they could start hunting down the Madou Horrors, they needed a lead in finding them first, don't they? So they chose Rivera to be that lead, and why her? Because ever since the beginning, she had been trying to antagonise Ryuga, and it was only until ep 9 when she became even more desperate & she only made things 10 times worse for Ryuga. Her desperate attempt at antagonising Ryuga raised suspicions that she might be a Madou Horror from Ryuga. So that's why the team decided to investigate her in ep 12, and luckily his suspicions were right and they were able to successful trick her & use a piece of her to track down all the other Madou Horrors. It was the first time they ever had a real lead on where the Madou Horrors are.
I think ep 9 was really the turning point when Ryuga really began to suspect Rivera, and it wasn't just the case of him being really pissed off at her for antagonising him.

So ep 9 was very significant, it played a HUGE part in building up to the events of ep 12 and the main story. It was hardly a filler at all. And to me, whoever thinks it was a filler didn't pay much attention at all =P no offence, it's just how I feel, so I'm definitely with Dragonfan on this.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I'm shocked there's someone more into the show than me. Didn't know that was possible.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

OOOKaiser wrote:
Dragonfan wrote:I can't believe that someone find episode 9 filler XD.
haha yep yep, EPISODE 9 WAS A BIG FILLER XD
yes, having the madou horror make their moves, reveal rivera is a horror, having Ryuuga unable to go on public anymore and setting the stage for this episode is totally filler...
look, the school episode was filler, because it was a self-contained episode. this one is not filler, because it is tied to the overall plot. this is like saying episode 8 of madoka magica is filler.
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

I find episode 9 like episode 7 from the previous seasons. It sets a precedent for the next episodes.
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

Saejima Kouga wrote:I'm shocked there's someone more into the show than me. Didn't know that was possible.
Well I think many fans are still bias of the original, so they find it more difficult to warm up to this new season with all the new characters & stuff, or they don't enjoy it as much as Makai Senki. Some fans of the original are not even giving YwTM (the acronym for this new season, since the official title is too long) a chance, I mean, I still see comments like "WHAT? Kouga is gone? I'm not going to watch this new season!", I just think it's unfair...yeah sure everyone has the right to choose what they want & don't want to watch, but by not even giving YwTM a chance just because the original characters are gone is unfair.

I'm a huge fan of Makai Senki, I love it it's my favorite, but I guess you can say I'm not bias of the original. I'm really enjoying YwTM & like it alot too :D I like the new characters also. Sure some may think that they're not as good as the original characters, but they're different, Ryuga might not be as awesome as Kouga to some people, but he's a different character & I like him for who he is. I'm just glad he's not just a carbon copy of Kouga, he is his own character & I think his character is growing & developing pretty well :D
MissTokuLover
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MissTokuLover »

I had overlooked this before, but I have to give my opinion on this.
Phoenix512 wrote:I thought it was pretty obvious why Takeru was happy since Rivera called Rian by her real name and not Rina, her undercover name. I don't know how I would feel about Rivera shooting Ryuuga and exposing it. She could easily twist it that she was defending herself from a serial killer. I think if she killed someone else and expose it, it would have more credibility towards making Rivera evil.
I disagree, simply by the way Rivera behaved after she realized she was exposed. Think about it, if she wanted to twist the situation around & make it look like it was self-defense, would she take out the cameras like that? With that scary menacing expression on her face and the way she violently shot out a camera & smashed the other, she seemed like a crazy murderer who INTENDED on killing someone. If I was in Rivera's situation & just "killed" a serial killer in self defense, I would panic & act like I'm innocent, the first thing I would say is deny it instantly and scream to the cameras that it was self defense then and there while the cameras were still rolling. I would NOT violently smash the cameras like a crazy person, and that's what Rivera did. I think she simply made things worse for herself when she violently broke those cameras, it only made her seem all the more guilty.

And assuming she just went into hiding right after that incident and has not come out to defend herself (which is probably the case), that itself basically has told the people of Volcity that she's a cold-blooded murderer. In this case, it's not so much about what you say, it's what you do, and Rivera's own actions pretty much confirms to everyone that it was NOT self defense, and she "killed" Ryuga intentionally. And I don't think the people of Volcity would believe her otherwise now either, just with the menacing way she behaved after she was exposed, everyone, at least every human who watched it on TV, were intimidated by her. And with her probably still in hiding, it would only convince the people of Volcity more & more that she's just a cold-blooded murderer.

Of course there is also that possibility that they had also filmed Rivera's confession of killing that journalist also.
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Cool, so they managed to convince the mass that Ryuuga is dead, but how are they supposed to convince the SG-1 when the corpse disappeared from the studio later on?

Unless they managed to hypnotize those staffs in the studio so that they told the SG-1s that they have disposed Ryuuga.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”