Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kyouryuuger 19 released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_19

Man this monster's creepy.

Nossan, if you don't come up with better gags soon I'm goign to have to revoke your "funny man" status and give it to Ian.

Speaking of Ian, there was a lot of stealing his catchphrase this episode. You should sue!

We actually have a new record this episode. This is the first time we've ever had four overlapping lines that presumably were all intended to be heard. Ears might be able to hear everything no problem, but there's only one brain to process it!

Drinking game for this episode: Take a shot every time someone says "mama"
jonty
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Kyouryuuger 19 released

Post by jonty »

I know you're probably talking about a record within Kyouryuuger, but surely Go-Onger and Go-Busters had four or more overlapping multiple times in its histories. I think Usada might actually have talked at the same time as someone else more often than he talked by himself.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I like that Ucchii is such a proper person that he adds a gozaru after saying shitsurei when entering a home.

Nobu hurting his hand when he slams it is also a nice touch. Like yeah, why don't you see that more when other fictional characters do that? That's got to hurt.

I like Ucchii. He'd be a good dad.

Wow, you got up, you stupid kid. Hurray for you~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o50_ZlMnjqY

The chalk dust guy over did it for their gloves this time. They like left a hand print after doing their ground slap.

Speaking of Go-Busters, let's translating.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Man, I knew this ep. would be bad going in but, that was a whole other shade of it... (That said, I really do feel bad for the suit actor who had to play Kyawaiin; that's gotta be an awkward thing to have on one's resume).
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

So really? Spoiled kids don't know how to get up after they trip like that? Oh man they really don't want me to sympathize with the kid.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

At first I thought the baby was creepy but I do see its charm now. I didn't expect its dark side though. That was a real treat. Daigo shooting at the baby form was funny. He actually followed logic for once. "You transformed in front of me. Why I should fall for your act?" Poor Luckyrou for being Kyawaiin's bitch.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I love King shooting the monster after she changes back. Immune to the typical sentai tropes.
Kamen Rider Unknown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kamen Rider Unknown »

Catastrophe wrote:I love King shooting the monster after she changes back. Immune to the typical sentai tropes.
LOL, yeah I loved how said; "You know I actually saw you switch over, right?" Priceless :D
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Lunagel wrote:Man this monster's creepy.
To be fair, less creepy than an actual child. And it could've been some sort of penis monster. Worse, a penis monster who brings a penis monster friend to crash in the same week's kamen rider. Its happened before, on a dare.

...Or was this the penis monster attacking U2 that week? They all blur together after a while. Like faceless plant guys attempting rape because its funny.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Seeing Riku Sanjou as the writer for this episode will make you realize why this episode is played that way.

It's a silent criticism towards all parents who are overly protective of their children. man, you gotta love that kind of silent critic by Sanjou. Maybe after this he can write about a monster who opened their mouth in a bit of terrifying way and slap the message 'it is scary, but are your children such a wussy that they can't endure a bit scare?'. Hopefully the parents will realize what a scaredy-cat they are.....

Watching this episode really reminds me of Hibiki episode 1 and what the consequences of an overprotective villain.

I find it weird that TvNihon mods decided to use the front page of Amy and Ucchii when the episode is about Ucchii encountering a child. :o
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I'll look on the internet for more pictures of Ucchii with children!
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

toni2212 wrote: I find it weird that TvNihon mods decided to use the front page of Amy and Ucchii when the episode is about Ucchii encountering a child. :o
That felt kinda justfied after "Amy! We must use a love-attack!" It felt like a fitting, smart usage of their wackier batteries (but no, I still cringe whenever they decide to use Ovirappoo) :p Guess they really do want something between those two. Poor Souji. I generally hate the episodes like this that are really predictable spoiled-brat-learns-to-do-something-that-should-be-common-sense type, but this had enough laughs in it for me to still make it enjoyable.

As for next week's ep... King-centric again? Not that I mind, but the balance of focus is really weird this season. On the other hand, most of the character-focused episodes actually seem to feature 2 or 3 of the members so I guess there's that.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Not even kidding, this week I had a kid in class that was literally 2 feet away from the trash can and still wanted me to throw away his food wrapper.

Of course I made his ass do it himself, but still!
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

yes, how dare ucchi not help a kid he does not know and has nothing to do with him. ESPECIALLY when he believes the child will be fine. THIS truly are the best parents in sentai since the parents who got their children sick on purpose in that goiseiger episode!(seriously, tough, i think this was a pretty good criticism to some parents).

Also, people are not your servants, kid. you could argue ucchi may have been a little mean by not wanting to help the kid (even tough it was what he tought was correct), but telling him to throw your garbage it's just pure laziness......on the other hand, i do agree that ucchi should help the kid reach home(after all, wizard show us why it was a bad idea to leave kids alone last week xD).
I do like that ucchi actually tells the kid to grow-up(and that the kid does not instantly know how to do stuff).
i love how yuuji STILL asks for help to stand even when he is surrounded by monsters and Ucchi is to busy to help him, kids in sentai always have the best survival instincts.

Smart plan, make kids sad by stealing the parents...which works because it shows how some kids feel when the second child is born. and it also brings happiness.

also...the baby form is actually the monster's lower part......i will let that sink in for a moment.

King shooting the monster in her baby form anyway, best moment in the entire episode.

Ian and Debo Kyawaiin, OTP!

I toughtn amy was gonna seduce Ian, so i tought their plan was pretty smart.
But...first Canderilla trying to seduce Amy in a previous episode, now Kyawaiin telling her that she will not be able to seduce her...do the deboss army believe amy is a lesbian?

using the baby form to hide was clever, you never see the cute form used in that way.

im always amazed by the number of little girls dancing in the ending.
Minji
Lucky Star
Lucky Star
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Whenever you see a dangerous man walking slowly towards you with a loud and looming god choir chanting in the background... just fucking run."
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Minji »

I love Ucchi. ;_;

I actually found Yuuji cute, despite my hatred for spoiled brats. I'm convinced that the kids who get roles in Sentai are selected based on their adorable smiles.
locuas wrote:Smart plan, make kids sad by stealing the parents...which works because it shows how some kids feel when the second child is born.
Ah, good point about second children! I really liked this plan and how the episode criticized "monster parents". I wonder how many kids watching this have parents like that.
locuas wrote:Ian and Debo Kyawaiin, OTP!
I see it, I ship it.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”