Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Wizard 43 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Wizard_43

It's kind of funny that they mistook Kizaki for Yuzuru from seeing his back. Just how small is the guy?

I didn't think it last week, but hearing the father call for Koyomi in the flashback made me think "Huh, I wonder if Fueki is Koyomi's father." It's been a while since we saw an Underworld fight, so it makes sense that there was a special reason for this one.

Well, the puzzle pieces are starting to fall into place. I think we can guess at what Fueki's motives are. So what are Wiseman/Gremlin after?

It's also interesting that Sora didn't seem to know for sure that the white mage would be there. Interesting?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Wizard 43 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think Nitou thinking Kizaki was Yuzuru was a reasonable assumption since it was dark and was face-down. I guess Nitou can use the dice saber in Hyper mode and even can do the finisher is pretty neat. I rewatched the flashback in Wizard 42 and there wasn't any call out of Koyomi from her father. So I don't think I would thought that Fueki was Koyomi's father. It makes sense now what Fueki might be trying to do now. It's not the elimination of the Phantoms but making Koyomi a real girl again. I think Fueki was using Haruto as a magical battery for Koyomi. Also this ties into why he doesn't need Nitou because he can't give magical energy to Koyomi but only take. Maybe the Philosopher's Stone is made of Phantoms.

I'm sorta glad they took this route with Koyomi but at the same time, it's rather obvious what the end game is now. Also I was thinking that the reason why Koyomi is drawn to the sea when she's depressed because she live near the sea. So in a way, Koyomi did retain that part of her original personality.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's a pretty good point about Koyomi being drawn to bodies of water and Nitou being useless to her. So Koyomi is like a magical projection girl and Haruto is the Green Lantern's battery.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I wasn't expecting the Phantom to start making a 3 diamond string figure as an attack.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I was rewatching and thought about something. Fueki calls Haruto his final hope but what if there's a different meaning to that. Maybe Haruto is not the final hope against the Phantoms but Fueki's final hope to save Koyomi. It seems like the Phantoms are mere pawns for Fueki's schemes.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Gee I wonder if there's something going on with Koyomi's dad I really can't tell because this foreshadowing is TOO SUBTLE.

Does it seem like Haruto was kinda useless this episode?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I thought this arc had a nice change of pace, Nitou was dealing with the main plot and Haruto was dealing with the MOTW stuff, but it still kind of tied into the main plot.

The thing that gets me with Sora, is how did he know the White Wizard was there? Is it a way to one of Wisemans hideouts? Are Wiseman/White Wizard the same person, or is Wiseman one of those typical post Decade villains (Ryubee, Gamou) that thinks everyone is a nuisance and lets them do what they want because he reckons he'll win?
MarcosPMA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ahim
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Penguins :3
Quote: Sekia wo sore o Ai to Yubun da ze!

Post by MarcosPMA »

My theory is that Sora suspects that Wiseman and White Wizard are the same person, so if he's right then White Wizard would definitely come out and see Nitou & co., if not then nothing would happen. It's hard to tell with Sora, he's been really secretive ever since he found out about the Philosopher's Stone, so we don't know everything that he does.

It could very well end up that Wiseman and White Wizard are two different beings, since if they were the same then I'm sure they would've suspected Gremlin scheming behind the scenes (unless they don't think Gremilin will influence anything).

It's hard to make sense of everything at this point, but I'm sure it'll all come together shortly
SPACE KITA!!!!!!!!!
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

Great episode (even though I called the twist with Koyomi a few episodes ago) and I'm glad there was a Underworld battle! I like the design of Gigantes. ^^

That said. KIZAKIIIIIIIIIII ;_________________; He'd better get better, that's all I'm saying. >_> (He might be Gottis' favorite character in Wizard, yes.)
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

It was great seeing Haruto use All Dragon form for what was like, the second time, maybe third, fourth at the most? Maybe he doesn't use it because it puts more stress on his body than Infinity or maybe it's just easier to draw on dragons energy in an underworld than it is to draw on it in the real world, I mean heck just last episode he was using Infinity to fight ghuls.

Anybody else not remember the "Here I come to become your master" part of Haruto summoning Dragon before this episode? I may seriously go back and check just to be sure cause it seems odd for them to add in that to summoning dragon so late in the series.

Loved how they just left all that blue paint on their surroundings from Nitous attack when fighting the white mage. Wonder if that was on purpose or not.

Gotta say, the gates underworld phantom design was definitely a good one, loved how it used stuff like cats cradle for it's attacks.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

okay, first rule while dealing with amnesic people: do not, ever, tell them things abouth their past. there is a risk that doing so could could end giving them false memories.

Seriously, Nitou, if you know the serial killer with a liking of long haired girls with white clothes(which mayu has both) may be leading you to a trap, maybe you should not just tell them "it will be fine".

i love gremlin's reaction to white mage "he was here, huh? and here i hoped i culd separate mayu from the tohers and make her my next victim, oh well"

Yuzu-! oh, wait, false alarm, it's just kizaki. let's go...

Medusa doesn't seem to give a damn about the whole gate thing anymore.
come to think about it......had we had a female phantom outside of medusa?

sphynx is the worst sphynx i have ever seen, his riddles are extremely simple, and he does not wait for answers!

"papa's swing always make me feel good!".........the third time wizard was creeped me out.

hey! all-dragon is still in the series!

so......why didn't haruto and rinko used their resources in the police to try to discover koyomi's past?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

All things considered it was a pretty good episode. I was hoping for more answers and fewer questions, but I suppose this is par for the course for only episode 43.

Though the CGI fight was, as always, a letdown. I hopeful the next series will skip this kind of gimmick entirely.
Lunagel wrote:Gee I wonder if there's something going on with Koyomi's dad I really can't tell because this foreshadowing is TOO SUBTLE.
Subtlety has not been Wizard's strong point. At this point I just really hope White Wizard being Wiseman is a giant red herring. Otherwise there's no way the reveal won't be painful.
dekamaster wrote:Anybody else not remember the "Here I come to become your master" part of Haruto summoning Dragon before this episode? I may seriously go back and check just to be sure cause it seems odd for them to add in that to summoning dragon so late in the series.
I don't recall seeing that either. Is this something the translators have missed in the past, or what?
kamenriderotaku
7X
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: GOOOOOOOKAIGER!
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Shu
Favorite Band: Weird Al
My boom: Making KR Suits
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by kamenriderotaku »

My current Theory, Fueki was a mage before his daughter, Koyomi, died, with her lost he fell into despair, thus making him Wiseman. With both his own magical power and that of a full fledged phantom he created the Sabbath and plunged so many into despair, not to create phantoms, but to create mages that could help him. The Phantoms he created became loyal to him despite being the off shoot of what he actually wanted. Seeing the potential, he started sending Phantoms to attack gates to find more mAges, not create more phantoms. With the seven mages with him to give up their energy, he can complete the final spell and return Koyomi's soul from the nether.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

kamenriderotaku wrote:My current Theory, Fueki was a mage before his daughter, Koyomi, died, with her lost he fell into despair, thus making him Wiseman. With both his own magical power and that of a full fledged phantom he created the Sabbath and plunged so many into despair, not to create phantoms, but to create mages that could help him. The Phantoms he created became loyal to him despite being the off shoot of what he actually wanted. Seeing the potential, he started sending Phantoms to attack gates to find more mAges, not create more phantoms. With the seven mages with him to give up their energy, he can complete the final spell and return Koyomi's soul from the nether.
except, if he is trying to bring koyomi back, he has not lost hope of saving her yet, thus he has not fell to despair.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

ViRGE wrote:
dekamaster wrote:Anybody else not remember the "Here I come to become your master" part of Haruto summoning Dragon before this episode? I may seriously go back and check just to be sure cause it seems odd for them to add in that to summoning dragon so late in the series.
I don't recall seeing that either. Is this something the translators have missed in the past, or what?
It was always there. It just wasn't clear enough to understand what it was saying. But with Ultimatum released, I guess it was in the subtitles given with the DVD (the Japanese one, not the one provided by TV-Nihon).
locuas wrote:
kamenriderotaku wrote:My current Theory, Fueki was a mage before his daughter, Koyomi, died, with her lost he fell into despair, thus making him Wiseman. With both his own magical power and that of a full fledged phantom he created the Sabbath and plunged so many into despair, not to create phantoms, but to create mages that could help him. The Phantoms he created became loyal to him despite being the off shoot of what he actually wanted. Seeing the potential, he started sending Phantoms to attack gates to find more mAges, not create more phantoms. With the seven mages with him to give up their energy, he can complete the final spell and return Koyomi's soul from the nether.
except, if he is trying to bring koyomi back, he has not lost hope of saving her yet, thus he has not fell to despair.
Usually, you can't be a Mage AND a Phantom since in one case, you suppress the phantom and in the other, it's the Phantom that suppress you.

Return to “Kamen Rider Wizard”