ZyuRanger without the Jews
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kyouryuuger 22 released

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_22

Well after last week's awesome episode I was hoping for something with a bit more umph. I feel kinda disappointed.

I mean, we've been lead up to Deboss as the big bad for 20 episodes and when we finally see him? He's a snot monster.

Putting my problems with the design aside, I was really irritated at the blatant forcing of Amy with King. They really don't have any chemistry, Ucchii and Amy are much more natural. Besides, we all know that Daigo is a dinosexual.

Twenty episodes in and we see a full roll call plus two near-full combination scenes. Someone was really trying to pad out this episode, weren't they?

Also, that was the worst day-for-night filter I've ever seen in my life. Absolutely horrible. I can't believe someone okayed that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kyouryuuger 22 released

Post by takenoko »

Felt like there was a lot of stuff going on in this episode. Dogold's plan was actually pretty smart.

I like that the virus became a computer virus.

Deboss is kind of cute.

Seems like a lot of setup for next week.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The Amy x King subplot is kind of redundant. Nothing happened except for seeing Amy steaming for no reason, and then it was resolved before it even started. That Amy checking up Daigo in the fight scene just made me go wtf

Dogold trying to get the grunts to attack during their henshin, and then got angry because they waited for them to finish their rollcall was kinda amusing
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I don't really believe that the Amy subplot has resolved. It seems out of place for Amy to suddenly have feelings for Daigo. There must be some other reason.

Having the Computer Viruson die because the original Viruson die was clever detail. I was wondering how Yayoi was going to survive the attack since she doesn't seem to have any combat skills.

Deboss's design seems to be an upgraded version of the thing that Zourima fuse into during giant battles.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Something tells me that's not Deboss's true form. Chaos mention in the beginning of the episode that he was forcing Deboss to awaken earlier than he was supposed to be. Having Amy doing the resolution of her subplot is something that happens in AkibaRanger.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I figured the Amy X King thing was just Sanjo being Sanjo. It was strange.
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

I don't think Amy was jealous. Probably she was just annoyed because Yayoi wasn't being direct with her feeling. I could imagine Amy as the aggressive type if she is ever interested in a guy.

As for Deboth... a disappointment. I was really thinking of something epic and grand like Grandine from GoGo Five.
Mddanish00
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kyoryuger
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "From now imagination is my stage!"

Post by Mddanish00 »

That's AWESOME!!! If Amy relly have feeling to King... Deboss is quite powerful...What will happens next ?? I will waiting for next episode
Imagination is my stage now!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

While watching the episode there were several points I wanted to hit upon. However Lunagel has stolen every one of them; everything from the lame design of Deboss to the clearly stretched out plot of this episode has been covered. So, uh, just listen to Lunagel instead.:P

On the plus side, at least King is quickly amassing a fan club.:lol:
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

The episode was ok. not bad but not great. i am going to agree with lunagel in that the design for deboss is terrible. i wonder if the forced restoration corrupted deboss and gave him the form we saw. given how the dude looks while frozen makes me wonder if its true form is more humanoid in nature. as far as the romance sub-plot goes, it made no sense and dampened the mood of the ep.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Torin said though that DeBoss was the monster that killed the dinosaurs, but when he said it it sounded like that was the form he had back then. If this is just a forced or pupa form then I'll move along it. If not, then I'll state that the monster designs for this season are seriously lackluster.

I'm not sure how I feel about Amy suddenly liking Daigo and acting like that. First off, how old is Daigo to justify it and secondly why was there no hint of it before? It shouldn't be so out of the blue.

Honestly, I thought she'd be better with Souji than anyone else.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
ShadowThePika
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 1
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Band: Crush 40
My boom: Sonic Adventure 2
Quote: "It all starts with this. A jewel containing the ultimate power."

Post by ShadowThePika »

Well, finally time to post about Kyoryuger, I do not imagine this ending well. For future reference, I have hated the entirety of Kyoryuger so far. That said...

This episode was alright. It actually started off pretty well, some nice build up and suspense, some kyoryuger stupidity (Yayoi's stalker joke was cute, then odd, then blown out of proportion). the Amy thing seemed like they forgot her actual issue, but maybe it will be resolved next episode. Overall everything was going alright...

Until Deboss reptar showed up. The fact that they were afraid of that thing is laughable. I know what power he has is scary, but visually he's a repainted giant mook (those creepy things with the jaws) with a colorful appearance.

Spoiler
Anyone thinking we might have another Goseiger villian swap on our hands?
what people want to do to me after talking to me...

http://www.youtube.com/shadowthepika, for whenever I post content on it.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

I do like that they went directly for the finisher, but that the time virusun had bought by distracting them allowed deboss to resist it.
i'm okay with this form since it is a "forced revival" so it makes sense that it would not be it's true form

a quick note about the "yayoi as new kyoryu vilet" theory, Torin says that he counts on her as "backup"(and yes, he probably was refering to plezuon for backup, but the phrase is "we are counting on youfor backup) once the preparations with plezuon are finished, and, during the destruction of the base, we can see a gaburevolver in the background. i'm not saying "oh this will happen!", i'm just saying, if by any chance, this DOES happen, it would have been pretty well foreshadowed.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Yayoi, I realize that SOME of it has to be for battle research... but those glasses full body holograms of King are a little... I mean can't you keep it somewhere more personal or security coded?

As a solid shipper of Amy x Souji with Amy x Ucchi, I hope her frustration is more with how timid and unwilling to do anything about her feels rather than jealousy... But again that's cause I ship her with the swordsmen.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

What? N-no, Dogold! You have to ask permission before touching Luckyuro there...

No means No! If you see a drunk girl passed out at a party, she's incapable of giving you her magic watering can consentually. Don't be a Dogold! Do be an Utsusemimaru! Bravely get permission. Always.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”