Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Garo_Yami_19

I know Ryuuga said to go, but Burai sure didn't hesitate to haul his ass out of there.

Oh that's a rad way of reintroducing Zaruba to the series. I also like that he didn't know Zaruba was there till Zaruba felt like talking. I guess they can't just have Ryuuga's actor just have bandaged eyes for the rest of the series, but I kind of wish we didn't see how big and obviously undamaged his eyes are.

Weird, I was expecting Zaruba to help out more during the breakout. I guess they hadn't formed the contract yet? Still, I'm expecting Zaruba to help out more to make up for Ryuuga's blindness. We can't have Ryuuga jumping over barriers like a psychic sometimes, while he crashes into objects at other times.

The moment when Aguri's lecturing Takeru, and Takeru just raises his stump of a hand was pretty good. Argument won, Takeru wins.

I like the guard for Ryuuga's cell. You can tell he's thinking "What is this dumbass doing?" at first, but you can tell that he secretly admires Ryuuga.

Another good moment was Ryuuga punching the innocent man, leading to his crisis of faith. I'm sure we've all had moments where we've wondered if what we're doing is right or not.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 19 released

Post by Lunagel »

This episode brought to you by parkour!

So being blinded suddenly makes him Daredevil/Toph? How exactly does that work? Is he part bat? Maybe swords to the face work the same as acid burns?

Lot of running around in circles. I know Ryuuga's blind, but I swear he ran past that one car twice.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Nah, he's not using sonar. Like even with basic hearing you can create a mental map based on your audio inputs. While that's fine with people moving, since that makes noise, he shouldn't be able to visualize things that don't make sound, like pillars, walls, and building edges!

Just merely running count as parkour? I thought the whole thing that made parkour was it was was the slick way of getting around stuff, not crashing into them like some blind guy.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

I really like how Ryuuga reclaims the Garo Ken even in his injury. That parkour is slightly awesome.

zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Hey, it's Daredevil! See, he has a bright yellow shine; Daredevil's first costume is yellow!

Couldn't they give Ryuuga's actor some odd contact lens? I mean, c'mon, he got stabbed in the eyes. Surely the pupils have to be damaged. Is Takeru gonna be one-handed all the way now? I wonder if it's possible for Burai to build a prosthetic Madou tool-hand thingum?

Oh hey, Zaruba. You're still there? This has to be the episode with the most lines for Zaruba in this season.

Was I the only one that was expecting Ryuuga to turn into the original golden Garo when he pulled the Garo Ken out? And when SG-1 troopers came to the building, did all of them magically teleport away or something?!
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

An amazing ep. We finally get to see Zaruba's involvement in the show. Even when Zaruba was telling him he couldn't do it, I kinda felt he believed in him.

It's really nice to be able to link everything together. Ryuuga remembering what he's fighting for and why, his training, the parallel between himself as a kid and an adult (highlighting how he was always the same, even now that he's blind) and the relation all this has to truly becoming Garo - by remembering his mission and using his ears, his legs and so on he can shine light into the darkness.

Reclaim that sword Ryuuga! I absolutely loved his speech.

I was about to mention that Aguri was the only one with no permanent damage from the last battle, but I guess that's not true anymore now that his bow is cut into two.

When Sonshi said "What can you do as you are now?" I thought that raised his death flag but I guess he escapes being cut down for yet another ep.
Behold the Emperor!
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I know Ryuuga said to go, but Burai sure didn't hesitate to haul his ass out of there.
Burai can barely walk last episode, Rian was tied up and Ryuuga was blinded. It was just a quick tactical decision. At least he left Zubara with him
Nah, he's not using sonar. Like even with basic hearing you can create a mental map based on your audio inputs. While that's fine with people moving, since that makes noise, he shouldn't be able to visualize things that don't make sound, like pillars, walls, and building edges!
That's why they had him throwing rocks and nails around, to hear the sound when they hit the walls. But to be honest I doubt that few rocks can help with visualize that much surroundings

I like this episode. There was no transformation, but that's not what this series focuses on. It's about the characters.

Ryuuga got a lot of development, I liked how they mirrored he gone through his training as a kid to finally pull out the sword; to the obstacles he overcome after he was blind, to get the sword to acknowledges him again and pull out the sword once more. "Remember the past. Start over from the beginning."

Takeru climbed back up from his pit of despair, and even Arguri openly acknowledges the way of these never-giving-up-idiots :P

Nice navigating Zubara... Ryuuga keep bumping into stuff after you said you'll show him the way lol

And I agree with everyone, there is no way that those large round eyes looks like they got stabbed by a sword last episode

Preview:
Spoiler
So the girl's identity is what everyone had been guessing
So maybe Sonshi was the previous candidate for Garo? That's why he tried to pull the sword out and got frustrated when he can't? But because he got "turned", they need to train a new one.... Ryuuga
swb90
Go Go!

Post by swb90 »

Zaruba is a horrible navigator. 'Nuff said~
This episode is probably one of the few that I enjoyed watching for this season.
It makes me want to kick myself for slacking out during my trainings >.<
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I was hoping for his reunion with the Garo Sword to heal him and transform him into Golden Garo. Kind of disappointed that neither happened.

Spoiler
The reason for Ryuga to see his mother in flashbacks when he cuts a Makai Horror seem to finally have an explanation next episode. :o
But where/who is Ryuga's father?
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

After reclaiming the sword I was hoping he transforms into Garo and is granted vision (only when armor is on though). But then... damn SG-1 showed up.

But then again, I do admire Ryuuga's acting with regard to falling, crashing and stumbling since he's blind. The "hitting the wall" part, meh. I can do that too. xD
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

Ryuga's actor did a great job acting a blind person. Ryuga's determination and courage showed all thoughout. This was a good episode all around.
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Flying-gg
Adventure
Favorite series: Garo, Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim, Blade
Dreamy: Kaoru
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Flying-gg »

This episode and the previous one were amazing. To be honest it gave me some shivers when Ryuuga get back his garo ken. I hope they can maintain the level writing for the remaining episodes.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

This episode was really great. It proves that Ryuga has the courage to fight even if he is blind. I wonder if they're going to do a second season with him cause he's starting to grow on me now :o
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

So finally Zaruba acknowledge Ryouga. But I still don't understand what Zaruba meant by "A single day of your life is one month of mine". Is it about the contract, or just about how Zaruba is viewing the time?

I guess you guys are now regretting to not have killing Tousei when you could. Ryouga's blind, Takeru's lost his arm, Aguri losing his bow, Rian is captured and probably will become the next Madou Horror Mother. Only Burai seems to be fine, even though he was previously seriously beaten up.

For those who are blaming Burai for fleeing, I don't think he had much options left right now.

Preview
Spoiler
Ok, so the singing girl might be Ryouga's mom, and Sonshi seems to be a Makai Knight. What's next? Sonshi being Ryouga's father? Or Burai?
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Mandalori wrote:So finally Zaruba acknowledges Ryuga. But I still don't understand what Zaruba meant by "A single day of your life is one month of mine". Is it about the contract, or just about how Zaruba is viewing the time?
Ryuga formed a contract with Zaruba by giving one day of his life to him, which Zaruba converts to a month.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”