Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 20 released

LightningZERO
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 20 released

Post by LightningZERO »

OOOKaiser wrote:I agree with Dragonfan. Madou Horrors are not created from Igna Horrors they're actually a different type of Horror that was made from Zedom. If we went if your theory then the show wouldn't make sense anymore
Madou Horrors WERE created from Inga Horros. The Zedom scrolls recorded that Zedom created his loyal soldiers, the Madou Horrors by planting his seeds into normal Inga Horrors. Tousei creating Madou Horrors with human is something new and that has never happened before in history, until now. This is why Burai felt something was off with Volcity's Madou Horrors.

Anyway, episode 20 was pretty nice as we get the backstory of the plot. Tousei is one bastard and I can't wait to see Zedom wakes up and eats him. The eye recovery was predictable but at least it was poetic in the way that it was Hakana's destiny to repair Garo, even the user's eyes
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Requesting prequel spin off gaiden movie staring Makai Knight Sonshi.
M_L
Adventure
2nd Favorite Series: KR 555
Favorite Actor?: Teen Wolf
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Toku
Quote: We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be - Kurt Vonnegut.

Post by M_L »

Finally we get some context. Of course, it's Garo's traditional style, wait til near the end for the big reveal, and let the audience roll with things until then. We finally see how each of the characters are connected to the plot and each other. Which when you think about it, it's all down to Zeddom.

The eye thing was predictable, because the effects for Ryuuga's blindness were a bit crap. It did cheapen the whole point in episode 18 where he was blinded (greatly done btw, did not see that carnage coming). Nice that Ryuuga's mom is to heal the inheritor of Garo, nicwe way to tie her into things, but still, cheapens his loss. Would have been badass to see him fight blind for a few more eps.

Interesting that Sonshi was a Makai Knight previously; I did think his horror form was very reminiscent of a Knight's armour.

Main gripe, it's always my gripe: not enough Armour. Especially for the Flame Knight.
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

I don't know if anyone said this yet, but one explaination to why Sonshi was turned into a Madou Horror so fast was because he was a Makai Knight
Since the seeds are used to produce soul metal, which makes the Makai Knight's armor and their Makai Kens, then the influence is already there.
That's why there's the 99.9 second timer, is because the influence will start directly affecting you directly and turn you evil or whatever you call it, like that one time with Kouga turning into giant Garo armor on a rampage.
But since the plant was directly injected into him, and he was already influenced by the Makai power, he quickly turned into a Madou horror and was under his control
Vs Enhou who had a strong will and never touched or really seen anything related to soul metal.

Or that's at least what I think may have caused it to happen like that.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

because the effects for Ryuuga's blindness were a bit crap.
That probably had more to do with the fact that his actor needed to see to do the stunt scenes for the breakout and sword retrieval more than anything else.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

What dat20091 said actually makes some sense. Though to argue that, Yami wo Terasu Mono knights don't have a time limit.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

They did kind of forget about the time limit after the first episode of makai senki though.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Catastrophe wrote:They did kind of forget about the time limit after the first episode of makai senki though.
No I remember them bring it back later in the episodes though THEN they forgot about it.
meljta
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai and Riders
Favorite Actor?: Junya Ikeda
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japon
Quote: Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reings, yet by the blade of knights, maikind was given hope.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by meljta »

Perhaps it is something obvious and therefore do not show.....
This espisodio was well as explanatory of what happened But we still do not know why the armor lost its brightness....
Finally we met the father of Rian, and Ryuuga's father?
I didn't like the way in which Ryuuga recovered the vision....but it was emotional
We are the two-in-oneKamen Rider
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

meljta wrote: Finally we met the father of Rian, and Ryuuga's father?
Rian's father only had one daughter and that was Rian. We don't know who Ryuga's father is at all.
meljta
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai and Riders
Favorite Actor?: Junya Ikeda
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japon
Quote: Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reings, yet by the blade of knights, maikind was given hope.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by meljta »

That is what I meant to say. we will know once the father of Ryuuga?
We are the two-in-oneKamen Rider
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Based on what we saw this episode takenoko and I both think perhaps Burai is Ryuuga's father but we agree that would be a really stupid plot twist and hope it doesn't happen.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I hope it's Tsubasa, they have similar hair! But I guess Tsubasa wouldn't be with a priestess not from Kantai.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
LightningZERO

Post by LightningZERO »

Maybe the mystery of Ryuga's father will be revealed in future season/movie? I doubt there is much room to cram in the father reveal. Ryuga is already connected through the mother to whole incident, add in a father would be overkill
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Saejima Kouga wrote:I hope it's Tsubasa, they have similar hair! But I guess Tsubasa wouldn't be with a priestess not from Kantai.
Please. And then he can appear. In Armour. And then I can finally buy a Makai Kado DAN figure.

Although, based on the fact that Madōgu are out of fashion and the Senate is nowhere to be heard from, I assume that this is supposed to be set sometime 'far' in the future.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”