Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Re: KR Gaim 02 released

Post by dancercotillion »

You take back that shit about Hayabusa-kun. He went to a comet, collected samples, and came back to Earth. He's a hero!
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

dancercotillion wrote:You take back that shit about Hayabusa-kun. He went to a comet, collected samples, and came back to Earth. He's a hero!
Seconded!
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote:Seems like a return to the silliness after a more-or-less serious year of Wizard (Shunpei's antics notwithstanding). As long as it doesn't reach the rock-bottom that Fourze did with its "comedy" I'll be fine. (Seriously, that "Hayabusa-kun" puppet and song still haunt my nightmares....)

Honestly, I think this show is heaps more serious than Wizard due to the lack of the insufferable comic character and comedy for comedy's sake. All the jokes fit in perfectly and don't feel out of place. So far there aren't any slapstick or out of place pratfalls and I'm loving it.

If Hanamichi is a term that refers to a specific stage feature, I honestly don't see why it shouldn't remain as-is. Unlike Ore Sanjou, it's an actual proper noun.
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

everyone should chill on if this is a 'serious' or 'comedy' Kamen Rider, cause for one thing this is only the 2nd episode. The show itself, much like our hero, still has to find what it wants to do with itself.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Don't misunderstand; I'm gonna give it a good chance, same as I do every show. I've just long since stopped expecting the dark-and-serious tone from this franchise that I got with Kuuga and Agito.
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote:Don't misunderstand; I'm gonna give it a good chance, same as I do every show. I've just long since stopped expecting the dark-and-serious tone from this franchise that I got with Kuuga and Agito.
Soooo Ryuki or Faiz ain't any dark in your book? Would love to get from Gaim some "light-heartedness" in Faiz sense then :lol:
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

Calls the series where the main character comically says "usou darou?" once an episode "dark".

Calls the series where the main characters battle eachother over how well they can keep a garden and make tea "dark".

Or the series where the main character has trouble with hot fluids once an episode.

Or the series where the main character gives candies to children anywhere and has a ridiculous nice guy pose.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Yes cause Dark series must be 100% serious, no room for cute character aspects to them, or comedy in general. Not like Agito where the main character nearly every episodes is seen goofing around, gardening, doing daily choirs, or even using the serious fact that he might die in a day's time as a way to guilt a policeman into helping him garden. Nah, that's 'DARK!' to an extreme, not a single moment of light or happiness or non-darkness in Agito, nope :V
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote:Don't misunderstand; I'm gonna give it a good chance, same as I do every show. I've just long since stopped expecting the dark-and-serious tone from this franchise that I got with Kuuga and Agito.
Kuuga and Agito weren't that dark and serious. They had some characters that was made for comedic relief. Heck even Ryuki wasn't that dark. I used to think that the earlier Heisei Kamen Rider shows were dark until someone pointed out to me they weren't.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Earlier Heisei shows were just filmed differently. They were gritty and raw. That rawness really changes the tone, even in scenes where, like, Takumi has to have ice cubes in his soup or something.

Shinji was a hapless moron, but his show seems grittier than Den-O because the film quality sucks.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

Kogashi wrote:Yes cause Dark series must be 100% serious, no room for cute character aspects to them, or comedy in general. Not like Agito where the main character nearly every episodes is seen goofing around, gardening, doing daily choirs, or even using the serious fact that he might die in a day's time as a way to guilt a policeman into helping him garden. Nah, that's 'DARK!' to an extreme, not a single moment of light or happiness or non-darkness in Agito, nope :V
Either you agree with me in a very weird way or you didn't catch the irony in my post at all.
Joicerojo
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Haruto Sohma
Favorite Actor?: Satoh Takeru
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Neither the devil nor the grim reaper, just an assassin (Aya- Weiss Kreuz)
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Joicerojo »

Dengar wrote:
Darkwings wrote:If you know Neil Gaiman's style, that's not really far-fetched.

And that's the same clusterfuck feeling I'm getting, I think :|
Neil Gaiman is a real person? Now I have something to wiki.
Didn't you know? he's a famous writer... I love his books and also his "Sandman" comic (more of graphic novels though)
Joice Rojo
I've become addicted to Kamen Rider & Takaiwa Seiji
Joicerojo
7X
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Sailor Moon
Dreamy: Haruto Sohma
Favorite Actor?: Satoh Takeru
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Neither the devil nor the grim reaper, just an assassin (Aya- Weiss Kreuz)
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by Joicerojo »

I liked the 2nd episode.
After Wizard which I found kinda serious (not dark) I was expecting from Gaim more comedic-like.
It was hilarious Kota with the eyebrows and the henshin poses.
Kaito reminded me of the personality of Sakurai Yuuto when he first met Ryotaro
It was a relief that the DJ appeared less in this episode or at least less annoying
Although I love pinneaple, I found Pineapple Arms to be very restrictive, poor Takaiwa-san he could barely move.
Looking forward to see Baron and his Banana Arms...
Joice Rojo
I've become addicted to Kamen Rider & Takaiwa Seiji
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Kilowog wrote:"

Hmmm, the mysteries begin, with Yuuta dissapearing. I'm liking it already in that.

^^
Do you mean Yuuya?
ShadowThePika
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger season 1
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Band: Crush 40
My boom: Sonic Adventure 2
Quote: "It all starts with this. A jewel containing the ultimate power."

Post by ShadowThePika »

All the final battle reminded me of was this (put in spoilers for somewhat violent nature), otherwise a fun episode. I liked seeing gaim mess around with his powers. If we got a henshin belt, we'd all most likely do this.

Spoiler
what people want to do to me after talking to me...

http://www.youtube.com/shadowthepika, for whenever I post content on it.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”