Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kyouryuuger 38 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_38

I'm glad to see the manga stuff between Amy and Luckyuro is leading Luckyuro to changing sides. Hopefully he won't die tragically
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Re: Kyouryuuger 38 released

Post by TankCoyote »

Chances are the secret one is Deathryuuger/KyouryuuNavy
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

I wonder why carnival got a seperate key. IIRC none of the previous rangers got a seperate key for an upgrade like that. I also think last one is from movie just don't know his name I was thinking last one will be the tenth ranger too until they put on a doggy move (which was not bad)

One thing that bothrs me though there is 3 swordsman in this sentai and none is using nitoryuu (dual wielding) I wonder why.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I don't think it's weird that there isn't a double sword wielding person. You have Shinkenger where none of them dual wielded.

So Torin gets bored while in being the base all the time that he reads Love Touch that Amy leaves there. I find that funny. Poor Bragigas, you shouldn't had to fight that gaudy mook. You're too bad ass for that.

Looks like Luckyrou is slowly becoming a good person.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's a shame, that we have Tessai back for an episode and we don't see him fight while transformed or even is partner come out. Still a great episode regardless.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

I couldn't get over the image of Torin reading Shoujo Manga. And then he goes on talking about it with such a straight face

My reaction was the same as Tessai when Torin is going on explaining like in a manga CM, "How did you know so much about it!" :lol:

Tessai finally gets into the rollcall with the main team, but he didn't get to fight much. oh, well, I guess you can't have everything
The true King-Ohger, Moffun
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Phoenix512 wrote:I don't think it's weird that there isn't a double sword wielding person. You have Shinkenger where none of them dual wielded.

So Torin gets bored while in being the base all the time that he reads Love Touch that Amy leaves there. I find that funny. Poor Bragigas, you shouldn't had to fight that gaudy mook. You're too bad ass for that.

Looks like Luckyrou is slowly becoming a good person.
Shinkengers situation was different out of all of them only red and gold were sword oriented and they had dinstinct enough features (big sword and iai) and samurai does not automatically mean swordsman. Also at the end of shinkgers there were something resembles nitouryu though I think it was a little forced. In this serie however we have three swordsman specified as such actually other than gokaiger i can't really remember any nitouryu user (there probably a couple of them in all 37 sentai's I just seem to remember any specifically) and in gokaigers it was more of pirates concept as dual wielding rather than it being a unique feautre of character. In here only shouji have a dinstinct feature and it is different than shinken golds in fact Souji's hold of sword could let him use nitoryu more easily than any other swordsmen (either holding one sword normally while other in his unique style or both in his unique style)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, this the last episode does kind of highlight "oh hey, we've got a bunch of swordsmen now". At least in the beginning, we have Souji practicing the Zangeki Musouken with his backwards sword technique. Don't recall the name of Utsusemimaru's technique. And now we have Torin whose only specialty is that his technique is so hard to use, it hurts humans to use it.

Filled in some character info for the Kyouryuugers, but we can probably add more to it: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/ZyuDen_Sen ... Characters
Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx »

Great episode this week. I laughed my ass off at Torin being so knowledgeable on Love Touch.

The monster this week was........um......ok.

Next episode:
Spoiler
Whoo! Finally all 10 together!
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

Swordsmen, male shoujo manga writer Love Touch .... suddenly I remembered that dorama Otomen. I think Wataru (Kiva) and "Akagi Nobuo" were there too ... and that Mitsuaki Gamou, in different light. :o ...

Spoiler
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

I never would have imagined Torin would be THAT bored. But hey, maybe Tessai might train Shinya in secret to replace him, eventually. It would feel a little like a waste if they didn't.

Spoiler
YES!! ALL TEN GATHER!!! Wait, is Meeko someone from the movie or new? Because with Tobaspino appearing and Deathryuger's weapon I think King's friend may have a connection to it.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Sauce »

I wonder what the future holds for Luckyuro. I hope they follow up on that somehow. I hope we get a Ramirez episode after this Tessai-centric one, too.

And yeah, the funniest part this week was definitely Torin's shoujo expertise.

Spoiler
So it looks like the annual movie-throwback episode is next week. Too bad that means it's probably the only time Tobaspino will show up.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

This was an ok episode. don't really feel too strongly about it one way or the other.

Preview:
Spoiler
oh, cool. we're finally getting to the movie reference episode.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... *Watches as the team's 'beauty' is taken away and given to the Zoumas as capes*... I feel like there's a pun here that I'm missing...
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

L-I-O-N is what I thought of the Zourima capes.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”