Kyouryuuger 42 Released

ZyuRanger without the Jews
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Kyouryuuger 42 Released

Post by Yaiba »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_42

I'm so glad they redid the full 10 rollcall. This one has a nice build up lead to it and it actually got me excited. In the last one everyone else were barely in the episode until the rollcall, it's so underwhelmed it's kind of a waste

And he's back! Someone said before Chaos should have checked the Deboss Hell for Endolf. I guess he did look for him, since Endolf was his favorite lieutenant

So Dogold hates himself, he hates the way he lives, it angers him, but that anger also fuels his power. That's kinda clever

The strongest of them all... is that foreshadowing of the fateful battle between Candelira and Nossan?

The explanation of Daigo's dad is alright I guess, I can go with it. But I was hoping they'd expand on it a bit more, like why did the land choose Dantetsu in the first place

Nice back-to-back reindeer/Santa display, Nossan. I like that Souji is kind of embarrassed by the getup

Also it's always nice when the ZyuDenRyuu shows some personalities, like when Pteragordon is annoyed with Tobispino
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Re: Kyouryuuger 42 Released

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

that front page pic. they're like a couple lol
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

This confirms my suspicions; Endolf may very well become the endgame boss seeing what he can do, and Chaos knew what Dogold was up to. Seeing Candelira and Luckyuro unmotivated until Dogold is threatened was a nice touch.

I so love this sentai. I don't know if it's the softer tone it has compared to last year's Go-Busters or the fact that only one guy is writing the episodes, but this season is so well scripted.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkCrusnik »

one question though, when daigo wamted tl attack the angry guy
he said
"with this hand I shall kick your ass"
how can I kick with my hand?
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

I dunno about you guys, but if I ever saw a giant robot decorated for Christmas and a bunch of Rangers wearing Santa clothes, I'd run like theres no tomorrow.

But well, it was a nice Christmas episode and still had some interesting developmentINCHOS (as they like to put it). I hoped that Daigo's father's sotry would be more important than just being the King of the earth, but it's okay, I guess. I hoped that Dogold would die as well, I mean, we're almost at the end and no enemy comander was even defeated? Ok, Candelira and Luckyryo are kinda turning sides, but c'mon. Anyway, good episode in the end.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

DarkCrusnik wrote:one question though, when daigo wamted tl attack the angry guy
he said
Heh. I assume, you're joking around, but "kick your ass" just means to beat someone up. Literally kicking, not always a requirement!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I wonder, was Dogolds plan of usurping Chaos actually his, or was it Endolfs?

Also really liked how the other generals came to Dogolds defense. You don't see it that often, but these guys are bros.
Dax
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokai / Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinken / Kabuto
Quote: Avatar by me.

Post by Dax »

As far as Christmas episode go, 41 and 42 were pretty good. All in all I'm really enjoying the series despite my dislike of the ranger costumes and the samba theme music of the main team. I'll be sad to see them leave in a couple of month.
Completed
Sentai: From Deka to Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider: From Ryuki to Zi-O
Other: GARO, Cutie Honey, Sh15uya, Tokusatsu GaGaGa
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Yaiba wrote:The explanation of Daigo's dad is alright I guess, I can go with it. But I was hoping they'd expand on it a bit more, like why did the land choose Dantetsu in the first place
what if it didn't? what if it chose Daigo and Dantetsu got the power because he was there, too?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Well, it's clear that Daigo was there when the Earth chose... one of them... Though Daigo's pop does seem to have more of a grip on the power... *waits for it to turn out that Daigo's Earth powers outmatch his dad thus leading him to truly be KING!*

All that aside, I'm rather surprised that they didn't kill Dolgold off at this point.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Kogashi wrote:All that aside, I'm rather surprised that they didn't kill Dolgold off at this point.
Again, this is why I love this series. In any other series, Dogold would have been murdered outright, because villains are cartoonish idiots who turn on each other constantly.

I remember someone groaning because Dogold posing to betray Chaos was so cliche, and yet it turns out to not happen. This kind of stuff gives the show more credit than it would be if it were just a standard by the numbers Sentai.
Sauce
Yakiniku Wizard
Yakiniku Wizard
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger/Boukenger
Dreamy: all da lady
My boom: Sentai
Quote: "Super Hungry, Gyudon Changer!"
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Sauce »

It was kind of played up like Dogold would really ditch Endolf for Dantetsu but I was pleasantly surprised that it was thwarted so easily. Dantetsu still kind of bothers me though. He's so ridiculously powerful, but he isn't a Kyouryuuger so he's usually not doing much and he's just kind of there all the time, being crazy strong and shooting chi or wind or some shit out of his fist. At least they finally explained the origin of his power.

Was neat to see personality from Tobaspino (and Pteragordon). None of the Zyudenryu have had much of that besides Gabutyra, and this late in the series they're all just treated as almost unimportant mecha components/anti-giant-monster laser-shooting task forces anyway

I thought it was neat that Candelira and Luckyuro were reluctant to fight, I'm still rooting for them to be good and not die. I don't really care for Endolf. He's like Gileel from Megaranger, who I also didn't like, but at least Gileel died and stayed dead. If Endolf ends up the "final boss" I'll be kind of disappointed. In any case, it's about time for them to start killing off villains or resolving them somehow and tying stuff up, so we'll see who turns up dead, I guess. Looking at you, Dogold.
DarkCrusnik
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
Favorite Band: Team Nekokan
Quote: "Ore Ga Unmei Tatakao, Soshti Kati Mesri" -Kenzaki, kamen rider blade

it means: "ill fight fate, and surely win! "
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkCrusnik »

takenoko wrote:
DarkCrusnik wrote:one question though, when daigo wamted tl attack the angry guy
he said
Heh. I assume, you're joking around, but "kick your ass" just means to beat someone up. Literally kicking, not always a requirement!
yeah I was XD
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

you know, having Dantetsu on their side is kind of unfair, no? the guy is an extremely powerful non-ranger. what chance do the villains have against 10 rangers (2 of which just might be immortal spirits) and 1 Buddha Palm (or fist) throwing wandering monk?
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:you know, having Dantetsu on their side is kind of unfair, no? the guy is an extremely powerful non-ranger. what chance do the villains have against 10 rangers (2 of which just might be immortal spirits) and 1 Buddha Palm (or fist) throwing wandering monk?
I guess we can wait for future episodes. Given this is entirely Riku Sanjou's series, bet he already sees that and thus will come up with some twist to make the finale more interesting than it is now.

loved the small touch to Yanasanta 4....I love NY. Too bad he's just appearing for 1 minute.

Souji remarking of forced Snapping Combination, and Pteragordon hitting Spinodaioh's head. Guess even a Jyudenryuu doesn't like to be forced into a Snapping Combination.

Updated 10 man roll-call with Carnival in it is good enough. I guess this one establish the fact that Kyouryuu is a 6-man team with 4 support members. And everyone attacking with their specialized area (Ian-Yayoi is gun, Amy-Tessai is martial kick, Nossan-Ramirez is powerful strength and Souji-Ucchii is sword attack) kinda referred back to earlier episodes where Ian keeps hitting on Yayoi, Tessai's kin asking Amy for help, Ramirez weirdly being in Nossan's marriage interview and Souji's swapped body with Ucchii. Can't miss it.

Why did everyone except Ramirez and Tessai doesn't show up untransformed in the final scene of wishing a Merry Christmas though........

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”