How do you want Kamen Rider Taisen to end?

For the Riders we have not graced with our touch...yet

Who do you want to win?

Heisei Riders
65%
Showa Riders
35%

Total votes: 92
Tsukino Ko'uma
Infinity
My boom: Fluffle Puff
Quote: "I just don't know what went wrong!" - Derpy

Re: How do you want Kamen Rider Taisen to end?

Post by Tsukino Ko'uma »

Leonsagara wrote:I doubt they'll end up killing each other. Or, if they do, there will be some sort of magical revival thing. Anyway, the votes seem to be going in the favor of Showa riders. I voted for Heisei though.
Don't know if it affected my vote any but I always liked the Showa suit style also since as a kid I was massively exposed to the Showa suit style thanks to Haim Saban.

To the point I will actually kind of judge new Rider suits based on the color scheme, overall style, and the armor to fabric ratio in favor of how the Magnificent 7 dressed.

They may be mostly machine with few exceptions but they still have flesh and stuff, like Terminators. They are also charging into battle with most of the armor on their body consisting of a helmet and a few pieces of an unidentified substance partially covering bits and pieces of their torso.

Yet they go against monsters whose powers might come in the form of guns, saws, swords... so in addition to their crazy survival powers, ultra beefed up base forms compared to Heisei Riders, and crazy wacky old time sci fi origins, they have very little body protection in the suit and still emerge mostly unharmed.
The fun has been doubled.

HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Heisei, because their equipment is far more powerful.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Showa. Because their power isn't dependantt on some external items (with a few exception)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Heisei. Honestly I'm tired of Toei's nostalgia, and it would be nice to have some justification for not dragging out the old riders every single year. It's like Kamen Rider Decade never ended.
ookamiryuujin670
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: GokaiYellow
Favorite Actor?: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Favorite Band: Exile
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: The Great Outdoors
Quote: "Dreams tend to be the kind of thing that vanish if you think you can't reach them" - Captain Marvelous
Type: INFP Healer

Post by ookamiryuujin670 »

Heisei ftw :)
maybetoby
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: Thousand Foot Krutch
My boom: Gokaiger

Post by maybetoby »

Stupid question: I don't read Japanese, so I'm assuming it's the red link for Heisei and the green link for Showa?
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW

Post by methos »

I'd just like it to end in a way that doesn't make me go, "Eh, not the worst toku movie I've seen".

You know, like the last two Taisen movies...
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Kogashi wrote:That's, a really heavy, heady, philosophical question to be asking when the primary audience for this movie, I would think, are young kids. And I don't mean specifically if Heisei era Riders will win or if Showa even though I know that's how most will see and vote on it... But the idea of Showa justice being 'for the good of the society' while Heisei's justice is basically for the good of the 'individual'... That's a lot to think about no matter how you slice it. It's choosing between the two things that any society has difficulty in finding the right mix of them both together. It's the question of freedom vs order in a way. I;'m likely over thinking it, especially since I already voted on the sight for Heisei, but it's still, hmm... Makes my brain spin that one of them will unquestionably win, instead of the usual 'vs' titles where they fight each other only to put their differences aside and fight against the evil group thus meaning 'both sides' win.
Normally I'd think that, but then I remembered Genesis Rider Sigurd. While it's true he's a bad guy, his justification for what he did in his first appearance was under the words, 'I killed a monster that was attacking people. That's what most people call justice.' Basically he sees justice in a way Showa riders do, and that makes him more relatable to Showa despite being a villain rider. There's a chance kids who know of Showa riders and the view of order you explained as being similar to the words of a villain who is against the heroes they grew up to love. They'll want to see a hero who doesn't see justice as the needs of the many triumph over another hero who thinks similar to Sigurd.

That's my opinion though.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
HW-DiEnd
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Luka Milfly
Favorite Actor?: Anna Nagata
Favorite Band: Motörhead
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Yorozuya Gin-Chan
Quote: "The world is a lonely place,you're on your own..."

Post by HW-DiEnd »

I'll still stay on the Heisei Riders's side.Im soooo tired of this Toei Nostalgia,of course will be awesome to see the original actors that started everything to come back in a cameo,but the franchise will be 45 years old,new things need to appear.And i love Kamen Rider because of their weapon arsenal every season,even with the awesome rider kicks.
cr4y88
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by cr4y88 »

I wish Showa Riders win!

The true kamen riders are showa riders :)
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

cr4y88 wrote:I wish Showa Riders win!

The true kamen riders are showa riders :)
Nah, the TRUE kamen rider is SKullman! and the closest thing the shows have to Skullman is Kamen Rider Skull from W, so the heisei riders are the true riders :P
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Showa Riders gets my vote. Most of them didn't need an energy boost or upgraded weapons to defeat an enemy. Heck, Kamen Rider Black was able to take down Gorgom with his own bare hands (and Road Sector).
SaviorDragonFTW
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider 555
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: When legends become legendary, it's time for a new legend to be made.

Post by SaviorDragonFTW »

Honestly, it should be the Heisei's victory. My biggest reason is because I started watching Kamen Riders thanks to Kamen Rider Kiva and Kamen Rider Decade (my favorite Rider BTW; if I get flamed for liking him, I brought it on myself :lol: ) so I know a lot more about the Heisei Era. Hell, I did a speech for my Speech Course in college on Kamen Rider and went into more detail about the Heisei Era since I knew more without having to look up any information. Hahaha.

And honestly, watching the Heisei Riders defeat the Riders who are considered legends would be amazing. It would mean they have become legends in their own right and honor the Kamen Rider name. It's like a passing of a torch so to speak. The Showa Riders would acknowledge that while their time may have ended, the world has many more champions to protect it.

But, I doubt that they will win this. Since the voting is a numbers game, and from what I understand of the Japanese population, there are more older people in Japan than their are young people. And these people may have been raised on Showa and see it as the superior Era for their own reasons. And from what I'm reading even in this forum, the vote is clearly Showa's dominance. It will be what it will be, but from where I stand, and see the numbers coming in, it will no doubt be Showa's victory.
maybetoby
Adventure
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: Thousand Foot Krutch
My boom: Gokaiger

Post by maybetoby »

SaviorDragonFTW wrote:Honestly, it should be the Heisei's victory. My biggest reason is because I started watching Kamen Riders thanks to Kamen Rider Kiva and Kamen Rider Decade (my favorite Rider BTW; if I get flamed for liking him, I brought it on myself :lol: ) so I know a lot more about the Heisei Era. Hell, I did a speech for my Speech Course in college on Kamen Rider and went into more detail about the Heisei Era since I knew more without having to look up any information. Hahaha.
That's okay, Decade is my favorite because his was my first series. I love Decade.
metoren
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by metoren »

Hopefully Showa will win. Still I think they have recorded both endings and will release both later on.

To people that say they are tired of nostalgia and want new things, I say they are getting new things yearly. Every new Heisei rider is so "new" that I have trouble sometimes getting the point of why calling them Kamen riders, apart from the henshin belt. They could fit in any other category, metal heroes etc.

I do think it's good to bring the old back, even if only for the movies, so people can get an idea of how it used to be, the darker tones in their stories, practical effects, main characters fighting without transforming until the very end, stunts etc. As ironic as it sounds, bringing the old back, somehow brings also a breath of fresh air into the franchise, in contrast to the colorful tones of the current series.

To this day, in my opinion, no series have come close to how well crafted Black was. Plot, Characters, Designs. It's not a surprise, they always find a way to bring Shadow Moon back. His design is still modern even after 27 or so years.

Return to “Kamen Rider”