Kyouryuu 48 released

ZyuRanger without the Jews
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Kyouryuu 48 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

It was more like that he didn't expect them to go down there to help the good guys.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

I started off not liking this series, being fresh off Go-busters, which I thought was amazing. It started growing on me around the time Ucchi was introduced and it has slowly become one of my favorite sentai series of all time, maybe even beating Go-busters. Seriously, this ending was the closest thing to perfect I've seen in a sentai finale since Shinkenger! It was a very good thing they made the finale two part because I would have hated to see them squeeze everything into one episode.

Everyone has already said most of the things I loved about this episode but I will point out that I love that Candelira and Luckyuro got to be a part of defeating Chaos after he tried to have them killed. That was great. I also wish we could have a spin off series where Torin, Tessai, and Rameirez wander the afterlife as spirit rangers.

I kind of wanted King and Ucchi to be dead and become spirit rangers because to me that would have been the ultimate sacrifice for the Earth. I kind of get why they didn't want to do that after just killing off Jin last year, and that was the first time they had killed off a sentai member in a very long time, but it still would have been amazing. I knew they would find a way for Ucchi to revive when they brought his body back to the Spirit Base-after all, the exact same thing happened to Torin.

The new KyoryuCyan and KyoryuGrey should have had more to do in this episode. At least the Violets got to defeat a baddie.

I'm so glad Doctor Ulshade came back for the final battle. I hoped he would become a recurring character even after Yayoi became KyoryuViolet but, alas, I guess it wasn't to be. And poor Yayoi, it's like you can see it in her face that she's finally accepting King and Amy together.

I'm so glad they let Yayoi stand with the other six during most of the final dance. I wish she had been on much more. They've had a core seven member sentai before. It wouldn't have killed them to do it again.

Maybe it's the euphoria of just finishing this series but, in a year when they did so much and managed to create a ten member sentai, it feels like everything, except maybe the beginning starting off so slow, was executed very amazingly.

And I don't say it enough but thank you to everyone who volunteers for TV Nihon. You have enabled my habit of watching tokosatsu and I love you all for it. Without you, I might not have watched this amazing show.

Well, that's three very good, maybe even great, series in a row following the mediocre Goseiger. I wonder which way Tokkyuger will go. Can't wait to find out!
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

a fitting end to a great sentai. i just couldnt help but chuckle at Dantetsu doing the dance motions, its just so at odds with the character and his expression was just plain weird. i also find it very fitting that the true melody of the earth is the theme song...who knew?
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

For me, it's a fine ending.

Uh oh! From (24:18 - end), Look like that timing is messed up at the end during Kyou Vs Go-Bus.
Edit: I only watch in 720p
Last edited by DaVinci030 on Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that's a warp. And as usual the good guys win; the score is now 37-0, Team Sentai. Just once I'd like to see the bad guys win, but for obvious reasons that can never happen.:P

Sentai is always a bit Red-centric, but this series more than most others has been especially Red-centric. King lived up to his name and got damn near everything. He got the cool dad, the cool name, the validation of the Earth itself, the mid-season power up (Carnival), the final blow on the Big Bad, and he even got the girl. Not that I'm necessarily complaining - the other characters did get their own points elsewhere in the series - buy Kyouryuu was definitely the story of King and the people around him.

Speaking of the people around him, why was Dantetsu in such a hurry to leave. He had saved the world. You'd think after all of that the old man would spend a bit of time sitting back and relaxing. Maybe spend some quality time with his son and his future daughter-in-law.:P

At least King has Amy. The hero getting the girl is a bit cliche overall, but this seems to be a cliche that Sentai has generally avoided in more recent times (it was last played inverted in Boukenger almost a decade ago). It still is guilty of coming out of almost nowhere in the last few episodes, the rest of the season having done very little to build it up, but oh well. It ended well enough, so I'm happy with it.

On the other hand, it's unfortunate that Nossan didn't get his happy ending. It perhaps would have been a bit much if he did in light of King also getting his happy ending (and oh so much more), but after the guy gets absolutely pummeled in the last couple of episodes, he certainly would have deserved it. Candy's heel-face-turn was as expected - heck it was practically a given from the start of the series (joy and happiness not being "evil" traits) - but it's not like she's doing much else at the moment as a result. Having her decide to help the kid was a sweet touch, though I think it would have been a great in-joke to have her decide to be a singer and to spread joy that way.

Which brings us to Lucky. The lantern that lets them enter Deboss Hell is a complete and utter pull from nowhere (in an episode that had many of these), but it worked out well here. Lucky was so abused/ignored by the others that it's fitting that he'd have an object like that which no one would know about, never being interested enough to ask. Unfortunately that's about the only thing redeeming here, as otherwise Lucky was the annoying comic relief.

Speaking of pulling things out of nowhere, that's exactly what Ucchi's resurrection was. I completely understand why they did it - not wanting to kill the 6th off 2 years in a row - but it wasn't handled well. If they didn't want him to die and stay dead, they shouldn't have killed him in the first place.

Meanwhile I'm disappointed in the lack of mecha action in the last few episodes. It feels like we never really got the mecha blowout that caps off the end of a season. The CGI ZyuDenRyuu saving King doesn't really count. Which brings up another point: how the heck were they all flying, and why did it take them 3 days to come back? There's implausible, and then there's stuff that just doesn't make sense.

I have to say I'm also a bit disappointed with the enemies in general, but especially Deboss. In the end Deboss didn't do that much; as a singular figure he wasn't all that imposing or threatening. Chaos was the better villain, and even then he suffered a certain lack of "awesome" that the really good villains get.

But overall it ended up being a good series. I feel like the first half or so was a drag, in large part because it was just too damn goofy, but once we got Violet in August/September the plot finally came together and the episodes became a lot more meaningful. The back half of the series had very good pacing and captivating stories, which is the cornerstone of a good series. I never did come to like the music theme, though.

Finally, this is just an artifact of how the show is edited for subbing and distribution, but I really liked the fade out/in transition at around 10:10. This show normally relies on abrupt cuts from scene to scene, so while it wasn't intentional it was a nice effect to have a slow cut like that at that position. It setup the scene nicely, moving from Amy's concern for King to an establishing shot of the Frozen Castle in space; it's very foreboding.
PHurricane wrote:When Deboss said he did this all for his creator, I groaned.
Ditto. Why even tell us that at this point? It takes a perfectly good ending and leaves it open.:(
JujinSan wrote:a fitting end to a great sentai. i just couldnt help but chuckle at Dantetsu doing the dance motions
I had the very same thought. After he's so stoic and calm throughout the series, having him flail around like that is an amusing change of pace.
Last edited by ViRGE on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

Kyoryuger has been a great experience for me. It really made me stick seeing these people interact, and I'm really gonna miss them. I've only felt this way before for Shinkenger. Out of all the people here though I liked Nobuharu the most; not because of his color being blue which is my favorite sentai shade, but because his character and acting was the one I liked the most. His crying when he found out about Ucchii, and the emotions he would review throughout the season really spoke out.

My comments for this episode;

The true melody was the theme song? Huh. I guess those lyrics came around to give purpose in the end.

Deboss has a creator? That Sozoushin probably doesn't care for him now that he's wasted 100 million years trying to destroy one planet, and failed. And why bring it up now? To have more Den-O adventures later on and ruin your good name? Deboss, you really are a disappointment. You're a Bigger Bad mentioning a Biggest Bad who probably abandoned you when you got sealed. Maybe if you talked earlier we'd have liked you more, but no. You only spoke in grunts. Messiah felt more threatening even though he was stupid and impatient.

I was waiting for a Spirit Base fight again after seeing Chaos pull it off last time, and who else fitting to be killed there than Killbolero by a new technique they should have done earlier in the show? Seriously, that looks so damn cool the Slash Shield Shot's attack.

I was so satisfied seeing Candelira and Luckyuro helping Torin-tachi destroy Chaos; I also wondered why it looked so easy he was done in. Guess this is what Endulf meant by her being the strongest, as she effortlessly blocked his attack and remained unaffected by the Earth's melody. If only he hadn't seen them as sacrificial pawns he wouldn't have ended up like that. If only her and Nossan had a happier ending together.

The only thing I didn't like was Amy yelling out King. It was overstretched one, and two I couldn't buy it when her mouth was curved to look like a smile. Still, poor Yayoi and Meeko when they get the news.

Well, goodbye Kyoryuger. See you later this year, during your return special. Do an all version dance of Minna Atsumare too. Now for ToQger and Super Megaforce.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote: The only thing I didn't like was Amy yelling out King. It was overstretched one, and two I couldn't buy it when her mouth was curved to look like a smile. Still, poor Yayoi and Meeko when they get the news.
Yayoi was standing there when she did it. I think she knows.

Speaking of which, that's who they should have brought back one more time in the finale: Meeko and Tobaspino.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
shnuff
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Ryota Ozawa

Post by shnuff »

Always sad seeing another season go, Kyoryugers I must say I had alot more fun than I first expected! You guys will be missed!
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I hope they do a DC version for the final two episodes. This finale seemed rushed and many characters were barely shown (they had better roles last episode). This episode really shows that the focus of this series was always on Daigo/King. He even got to defeat the big bad by himself (although with help from the theme song).

As usual, while Gabutyra sort of had a personality at the beginning of this series (though the other dinos didn't) it was lost over the course of the season.

I did enjoy this series, but it wasn't fantastic and while it might be better than average for Sentai, it doesn't really measure up to the last two years.

So Dantetsu's actor can dance, just not the character.

Chaos didn't go out quite as well as I'd hoped he would (mostly because it was rushed), and Deboss was a joke, even revealing that he has a boss (who will probably be the villain of next years' VS movie). I think Dogold ended up being the best villain in this series.

Well, I'm actually really looking forward to ToQger, even if it seems to be on the silly side.
Last edited by AxemYellow on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

AxemYellow wrote:I hope they do a DC version for the final two episodes. This finale seemed rushed and many characters were barely shown (they had betters roles last episode). This episode really shows that the focus of this series was always on Daigo/King. He even got to defeat the big bad by himself (although with help from the theme song).
Just like Fourze finale. I agree. It's either director's cut or cut footages.

Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

In the scene where it was revealed that the Zyudenryuu and Daigo were alive, did anyone else expect Daigo to come from Gabutyra's mouth in a reference to the first episode?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

AxemYellow wrote:As usual, while Gabutyra sort of had a personality at the beginning of this series (though the other dinos didn't) it was lost over the course of the season.
Now that I think about it, among other things that were lost over the course of a season, we haven't seen much of the Tiger Boy restaurant or Amy's job there since roughly mid-season.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

ViRGE wrote:Now that I think about it, among other things that were lost over the course of a season, we haven't seen much of the Tiger Boy restaurant or Amy's job there since roughly mid-season.
I think they were there in the episode about Souji's parents, but other than that, yeah it just vanished without mention.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

so.... no mention of the girl who likes Souji? when was the last time we even saw her?

how much do you wanna bet that in the "100 years later" thing mentioned during the hand-off and stuff that Souji's somehow still around as a VERY old man, and either she's still there as a VERY old woman whom he still fails to notice is into him, or she's no longer around and, at the END of the V-cinema he just slaps his head and goes "she liked me, didn't she?! how did I not notice that?"
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

redfarmer wrote:I started off not liking this series, being fresh off Go-busters, which I thought was amazing. It started growing on me around the time Ucchi was introduced and it has slowly become one of my favorite sentai series of all time, maybe even beating Go-busters.
I was the opposite; I despised Go-Busters so much that anything would have been a welcome change. This series was just flat-out fantastic anyway, which is good, but the previous show had left me with such low expectations there's no way I could have been disappointed.

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”