Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zero Black Blood 04 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Zero_04

You know who else has a blind mother who's in the hands of the enemy? Fucking Ryuuga from Yami wo Terasu Mono! Why didn't someone look at this and go "We already did this story". My god, the series is six episodes long.

Why dubs don't work: "Sleep in the embrace of my feathers"

Seeing the guy get caught was pretty funny. Especially with his bad lies and fake breakdown.

Heh, gratuitous Ray Fujita shirtless scene.

Edit: Okay, I guess the backstory helps with the temptation of Iyu to the dark side bit. But it still feels pretty forced. There's nothing interesting about a character that's totally brainwashed, since they have no concept of what they're doing or the consequences of it.

Wait, it's Yuna's fault that her mother disappeared? I love Garo, but the stories can be so cliche sometimes.

Knowing that Takano Hassei plays Nakaima just makes the breakdown even better. This guy is so good at being a bad guy! I love his work.
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Re: Zero Black Blood 04 released

Post by SacredCultivator »

Okay so I guess I'm not the only one that doesn't quite feel for Yuna. Because once they showed the scene of her causing the mom's death... I immediately was like, "Girl, it was your fault." Now if she didn't cause it, then I'd feel for her a bit.

As for that weird shirtless training montage, I was like, holy crap the directors really just providing a lot of fanservice. Since not just from the shirtlessness, but just the focus/panning of the female actors legs.

And not sure if just me, but is anyone else sorta getting sick and tired of the song that Iyu sings? I mean she's sung it in every episode.

Random trivia:(Although this could be brought up from Ep one, but since this is my first comment...)
Ring's actor, Thane Camus, I knew I recognized him. He was the English Teacher that special guested on Hello!Morning teaching MOrning Musume some English with some hilarious results. Most memorable part being this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJMXZ2T3t3E
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

The first-person camera angles are a really bizarre choice. And it doesn't matter how good looking he is, but the shirtless Rei training montage was just as bizarre. It had no connection to the rest of the episode. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was a misplaced commercial for an idol video.

Yuna being responsible/feeling responsible for her mother's death/disappearance is cliche, but I think it speaks to the whole Makai Knight/Priest culture as much as it does to reusing plot elements. The Makai in general seems like a very insular society, with children being trained from a very young age to fight Horrors in one capacity or another, usually because that was what their parents went through at their age. And with a pseudo-apprentice system and what I'm sure are high fatality rates, it's inevitable that the children witness more than their fair share of family members/mentors dying. By this point, I think it's miraculous that the Knights and Priests live long enough to have children and begin training them.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Shirtless montage means Rei is getting powered up. Oh yeah!

Yuna, it's your fault your mother is a Horror slave. It's one of those things where she would be like "Guys, you can stop telling me it's not my fault." while everyone is like "We never said that at all. We all know it's your fault." And what's worse that she should probably honing her priest skills instead of using the Makai Blade because she just plain sucks at it.
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

just wanna ask... previous iteration of Garo (I only watch Yami No Terasu) they use CGI or real suit???
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

berry889 wrote:just wanna ask... previous iteration of Garo (I only watch Yami No Terasu) they use CGI or real suit???
For Zero, they uses the real suit for suit actor. With a bunch of wires for jumping.

Edit: Just see Dragonfan's comment below!
Last edited by DaVinci030 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

berry889 wrote:just wanna ask... previous iteration of Garo (I only watch Yami No Terasu) they use CGI or real suit???
Both real suits and CGI when it's needed.
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

Keep em coming! Loving the series already!
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

I am really sick of this song. Seriously, I don't get it, I don't like it, and I don't see why it's needed beside it being a plot point.
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

It helps brainwash or keep the community of humans blinded and tranquil.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The real suit is used, but was altered to fit the new suit actor because Mark Musahi doesn't do Zero any more.

Nice to see that smug human bastard get what was coming to him.
ChelseaChampion
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Blade
Dreamy: LUKA MILLFY
Favorite Band: 24Herbs
My boom: Happiness
Quote: "Black Wing Sleeping Here Forever"

Post by ChelseaChampion »

This is just a speculation but maybe it helps to keep some of the members calm much like how that guy who ran over someone feels obsessed with the song
Drop. Fire. Gemini. Burning Divide
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

I find it odd why you guys are taking it on Yuna. Remember, this isn't the first time we see something similar.

Spoiler
Little Kouga getting his dad stabbed when he stumbled upon the fight

So this special is just 6 episodes long? No wonder the story has been throwing info at us since episode 1.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Maybe I'm not clear on what you mean, but isn't it bad that Yuna's story rips off every other origin story in Garo? It's fine the first few times, but very eh in a series that's almost 10 years old. Jesus Christ. Garo is almost 10 years old?!
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

Not sure if it can count as 10 years, considering the long gap between the first season and the second one.

Return to “Zero -Black Blood-”