Such a fruit
zeshin2002
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Mew Azama
My boom: PS4
Quote: Keep punching til you reach the center.
Type: ISTP Crafter

Re: KR Gaim 32 released

Post by zeshin2002 »

I love how sagara straight up said. Yea i'm mostly lying and i'm the devil but oh well you still need this power to defeat the overlords so shut up and take it. Oh and again I'M MOST LIKELY THE DEVIL -poof- XD.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

*Warning....Warning.... Foot step epic alert.... Foot step epic alert...*

Whoa! Kouta really Bad ass here! Though I hate the design of Kiwami Arms. He did the Henshin so perfectly and show some coolness with it. Slashing Through Demushu while holding Kiwami key.
What can I say. I'm speechless.....
HarryFA1
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
My boom: GAIM
Quote: "This is OUR stage now!" - Kouta Kazuraba, Kamen Rider Gaim

Post by HarryFA1 »

It's funny now how all of Kouta's Rider allies started out as his enemies, & his best friend has turned into one of his biggest threats.

Although, I'm a bit hesitant about Minato now. "You cannot beat Kaito", yeah, a likely story.
dgk3593
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by dgk3593 »

dgk3593 wrote:Kiwami Arms reminds me of Blade King Form, Kabuto, and Fourze Cosmic State. Also a bit of Shining Agito.
I can see Blade, Fourze and Agito. I'm not sure about Kabuto though. Unless it's how he fights, then yeah I totally see it.

But yeah, this episode was awesome.
The transformation from Kachidoki to Kiwami remind me of Kabuto's transformation from Masked Form to Rider Form: CAST OFF.
chcoman123
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Vidya Gams
Quote: Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero! - Kamen Rider Double

Post by chcoman123 »

This episode was perfect in every way, until we get to Kiwami arms. It's just SO underwhelming. Everyone throws everything they got at him = no damage; Kiwami arms does the EXACT SAME THING = works? THE HECK? How does that work? It's like 5 people throw a baseball at one guy, but it does nothing, and then one guy throws 5 baseballs and it somehow knocks him out. It doesn't make sense. Also the design is pissing me off. Not because it's bad, but because it's too good. Most of it is fine, as I like the silver and the head piece, and with how sleek it is and how subtle the cape is. But good LORD that chestpiece just looks SILLY! It ruins the whole outfit! Lastly, Kiwami arms just doesn't feel powerful at ALL. Compared to Wizard Infinity, which, not only was consistent with it's powers, but also felt incredibly powerful and that when Wizard became infinity, you KNEW the battle was over, because of how powerful it is. I'm not getting the same vibe from this though, and it's just disappointing.

Now with that out of the way: This episode has some great character development for both Kouta and Mai. Also, I'm STILL wondering about Sagara, and what he is.

Also, Bravo and Guridon just show up out of nowhere, as if to say "Oh yeah. We still exist. We don't do anything important, but we exist." Lame.

I love the transformation sequence for Kiwami. Looks cool.

It was cool to see all the riders working together...although it's said to not see Zangetsu and Ryugen. Ah well. Zangetsu kinda nearly dead right now and Ryugen is an ASS.

Overall, good episode. MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. ALWAYS.

Spoiler
OOO. Looks like Mai will FINALLY get some more development next episode.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

These mid-season power-up episodes are normally very good, and Gaim's doesn't disappoint. I feel like they hit the perfect mix of action, characterization, and moving the plot along for the roughly 21 minutes they get to do it.

There are so many good points I could go over, but I especially liked Oren calling out Minato for letting children fight, and Micchi ending up in the service of his Overlord counterpart. And I'm not sure enough can be said about having all of the riders fighting together towards the end, as it looked awesome.

The Kiwami fight itself was a bit odd though. It certainly got the point across that Kiwami as OP as hell (as Takenoko puts it), but it wasn't a very good fight. It was under 2 minutes and mostly the same kind of hand-to-hand we already get. I'll say it: I miss Koichi's normal wireworks here. The location was decent; it wasn't as iconic as Wizard's beach or W's dam, but it was at least better than OOO's theme park. That looks like it was right in the middle of the city, so I'm sure Toei spent some good money on reserving that, at any rate.

Speaking of Kiwami, I can't say I'm a fan of the look. It's not terrible by any means, but it just feels too generic. If nothing else it comes too soon after Wizard's silver Infinity form, and really should have stuck to Gaim's orange and blue styling. But it also lacks the distinct samurai appearance of Gaim's other forms (it's still there, but greatly toned down), and I think someone already pointed out that his head looks like a turnip (or a KKK hood). At least it's matte silver this time, and not Infinity's awful reflectiveness. Oh, and I'm glad to see they didn't do anything to restrict the shoulders this time, so the suit actor has nearly a full range of motion and doesn't need to be so stiff.
zeshin2002 wrote:I love how sagara straight up said. Yea i'm mostly lying and i'm the devil but oh well you still need this power to defeat the overlords so shut up and take it. Oh and again I'M MOST LIKELY THE DEVIL -poof- XD.
I'm not sure he's the devil. He may be. Though the snake is the more fitting metaphor right now.

And kudos to both the actor and the crew for his scenes. His creepiness here wasn't just in his delivery, but in how they used the light on his face, especially when they focus on his constricted pupils at 11:10 (it gives him a real sinister and inhuman look).

We should all be very worried about what this mains for Kouta.
XerBlade wrote: It was very heavily and not at all subtly (as in someone else outright said it and she... neither confirmed nor denied) hinted early on (well, early for her appearances) that she was only siding with him temporarily because she thought doing so would further her own ends and that she would strike ahead when she had the chance. In other words, she was using him.
I'm not so sure she is/was using Ryuoma so much as she has a strong interest in and being on the side of whoever holds power. Based on her previous interaction with Kaito she may just be what's essentially a groupie (even that's a bit dismissive, but I can't think of a better word). And while Kouta is now the more powerful one, Kaito is still the more forceful one.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

chcoman123 wrote:But good LORD that chestpiece just looks SILLY! It ruins the whole outfit!
Yeah, the chestplate turned me off as well. I mean, yes there's the fruit theme but... geez.
I think the rest of it looks cool, though.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

I liked how the Translator's note is an image at the end. Pretty nice idea.

Not too much to say really. Kiwami Arms is alright. The silver/white isn't what I was expecting for Gaim's final form. I'm pretty indifferent about it. The best Final Forms to me are still Infinity Style and Emperor Form. Anywho his weapon swapping abilities are pretty cool. Seeing all that mixing and matching is amazing. Looking forward to seeing some crazy combos.

Speaking of Final Forms and weapons I'm still beyond pissed that Haruto never dual-wielded AxCalibur and the WizarSwordGun.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

The debut of the daimyo Rider! I guess it's really interesting to see Kouta's progress from a soldier rank (Orange Arms) to special soldier (Jimber Arms) and to shogun rank (Kachidoki Arms) before finally settling as a daimyo rank (Kiwami Arms). Although I kinda favor Kachidoki's debut more since Kachidoki's seems like a proper final form debut battle than Kiwami's. The fight, although great, still loses to Kachidoki's for me. It lacks impact a bit. All other Riders used the weapon against Demushu and they didn't get any scratches and yet Kiwami is using the same weapon like it's different. Not to mention unlike Kachidoki, Kiwami doesn't have it's own signature weapon.

I wonder why didn't the designer just uses the fruits symbol on the Lockseed on Kiwami's chest? It would seem more sleek and neat instead of the drawing of the fruit basket on that chest. Fourze manages this quietly ok and yet Kiwami seems like a wreck eventhough they both have a similar concept of having all the collectibles printed on their final form's chest.
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

chcoman123 wrote:Everyone throws everything they got at him = no damage; Kiwami arms does the EXACT SAME THING = works? THE HECK? How does that work? It's like 5 people throw a baseball at one guy, but it does nothing, and then one guy throws 5 baseballs and it somehow knocks him out. It doesn't make sense.
Your analogy is unfortunately flawed as it doesn't take into account the power differential. As established before, the Weapons are all roughly the same in power and they all just provide different tactical advantages, being heavier, long-range, etc... It's just that Gaim Kiwami Arms has far more raw power and energy to back-up and boost the potential of those weapons.

A more accurate analogy would be:5 people throwing a baseball at one guy versus one guy shooting 5 baseballs at a guy using a cannon.
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

A daimyou isn't actually a military title. They're more like lords or land holders.

Daishogun means Commander-in-chief when I looked it up.

Kouta had the power of plot and introducing-a-new-form at his side! That's why the ordinary weapons were super effective!
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Weird that it wasn't said earlier, but oh well, Kiwami arms is based on one of japanese armors, yeah, in case people been wondering "whats with the weird head"

And yeah, it makes a difference who holding said weapon, Kachidoki is already a little above energy lockseed, and kiwami is above Kachidoki, so those weapons gets also boosted.

Kiwami has a little charm with it armour not being big and standing out, but it will have to grow on me a little bit more. It's awesome that its using other weapons, i was disappointed with the fact that energy form gives you sonic arrow, no matter what, since normal lockseed weapons design we're realyy cool.

So we're going once again with main hero becoming kaijin.... Or is he?! O.o Knowing Sagara i wouldn't be suprised if he's dicking with Kouta for one reason or another, also he will be the last bad guy, Kouta will defeat overlord king, and that Sagara goes in, and throws monkey wrench.

Right now, more than ending, i'm waiting to see what is connection between everything in this show so far, and that opening scene with armored riders controling armies of inves, it coulnd't be in the past, since sengoku drivers were made recently, that is one thing that interest me the most.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

chcoman123 wrote:This episode was perfect in every way, until we get to Kiwami arms. It's just SO underwhelming. Everyone throws everything they got at him = no damage; Kiwami arms does the EXACT SAME THING = works? THE HECK? How does that work? It's like 5 people throw a baseball at one guy, but it does nothing, and then one guy throws 5 baseballs and it somehow knocks him out. It doesn't make sense.
Power ups tend to do that in Toku. The hero is on the ropes, powers up to his super form and suddenly he can't be touched. There's also the fact that technically, Kouta didn't need Kiwami Arms because he nearly won last episode.

That being said, the form is still pretty damn badass.
berry889
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Black
Dreamy: Mana Kazaya
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey

Post by berry889 »

why I have this feeling that Kiwami is not the ultimate power up for Gaim.....
ChibiZyuJin
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by ChibiZyuJin »

I think Kiwami Arms is based on Oda Nobunaga's armor. I watched the episode Raw right after it aired so I still don't know half of what happened but Sagara is so cool. I believe he said something like "This power will eventually destroy you.", and something about becoming an onerlord(I just started learning japanese, not even N5 yet:D) but he was honest about everything. Poor Kouta, for the sake of his city and Mai he took the power without hesitatin... I love this show.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”