Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gaim 36 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_36

Now that was a duel. The best duels are the ones where there are a clash of ideology. It's interesting that while Takatora is Mitsuzane's older brother, in a lot of ways, he's also like a father to him. All this talk of Mitsuzane inheriting Takatora's negative traits and being Takatora's shadow really seemed like it would have worked better from a father-son relationship. It makes me wonder if Takatora was originally an older man who was Mitsuzane's father in the design stage.

I've seen enough zombie media to know that Kaito getting that cut and hiding it isn't a good thing.

Takatora, don't feed Kouta with the belt! That's the problem! Also, I hope they're going to stop beaing us over the head with Kouta isn't eating. It's not that I don't like plot elements that build over a series of episodes, but it really is the same thing each time. We get it.

Wow, the Helheim plants are spreading. There's one on the fence where Kouta and Takatora talk near the water. Nice touch.

It kind of amuses me that they remembered that Ryouma shut down all communication in Zawame, so they get around that by having an e-mail server that only works for Yggdrasill.

Someone fell in the water, everyone take a drink.

Preview spoilers. So very mad:
Spoiler
Another damn tie-in? That's the third time for Gaim! Hope you guys like fruit soccer.
flamefire28
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: gotta be Luka Millfy
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Lee Min Young MissA
Quote: I am the destroyer of all.

Re: KR Gaim 36 released

Post by flamefire28 »

well we all know that takatora kicked mitsuzane's ass, but he got soft and got shot oh yea I love it when we have broken rider helmets in series so it was all good. next episode being a tie-in makes me mad soo much it don't get me wrong most the time I like tie-ins but it's only good if it doesn't take place before the the current timeline in the series. it would be nice if this tie-in actually takes place after 36 in series. but since there have been 2 already it gets annoying that we have 1 episode less for the series as a whole, couldn't they just do it like they did in W the movie takes place within the series but outside the series episode count.
Image ImageImage
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

Everything in the episode was all good until the next episode preview came along... a long sigh came out.
Andrew B.
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Tomica Hero Rescue F
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Yong Bosch
Favorite Band: The Killers
My boom: Rescue Force
Quote: Dragons walk the earth!

Post by Andrew B. »

Not that a breather isn't needed for the next episode, but could we do so while advancing the plot a little? Otherwise, you're saying that you don't care that much about what you're shilling in the filler episode.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

If you decide to play, tell them Blaze3713 sent you
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

Oh god, I had my hands on my mouth that whole duel. I seriously thought one of them was going to die and maybe one of them did but probably not because water can't kill a Rider... or maybe that's what Urobuchi wants us to think...

Redue going "Wait, you don't know?! HA! Jokes on you Kouta!" is just hammering home that point that Kouta should probably be concerned about him not eating if only Kouta wasn't so genre blind.

Everything was good until

Spoiler
ANOTHER DAMN FILLER BREAK!!! SERIOUSLY GAIM! Yes, a breather episode might be good but this is just annoying.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

after seeing the preview, I have to ask, is Gaim doing bad in the ratings? do they have a reason to think that

Spoiler
people won't want to see the movie, and thus need an episode to promote it?
Gamera Ramen
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Max, Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Quote: If it wasn't for disappointment I wouldn't have any appointments

Post by Gamera Ramen »

I don't even know where to begin with this episode. The Great Melonbowl, Kouta and Redue's fight, Takatora...and of course, the disappointment when the preview came around.
The main event. Kureshima vs Kureshima. Really great to see OG Zangetsu again, and outpacing an Energy Rider no less! Very well done, and that outcome...I hope we get closure on that, considering what happened last time they were given such a fate.
Kouta vs Redue. Very interesting to see that Kouta had the power to match Redue, who is unfortunately quite the slippery little bugger. Though now I'm even more confused on what exactly it was that Sagara gave Kouta--was it the Forbidden Fruit? Is it something somehow derived from that? Is it something unrelated? Does Roshuo still have the fruit to give? Has the show not answered that, or was there something I missed? It'd be really lame if everyone was in such a heated battle for the golden fruit and at the end Sagara's just like "sorry I gave it to Kouta months ago lol." Especially interesting was Redue's remark about "You don't even know what your power truly means!"
Not looking forward to next week's episode, especially if it doesn't take place just after this one. I don't want to wait 2 weeks to see Kouta's reaction to what he finds when he gets there! I liked the Toqger crossover, but the Kikaider ep just left me ?with a sour aftertaste. Fruit soccer is not something I'm looking forward to. At least it'll be Ryouma's return from space? Maybe?
Please don't screw up this late in the game, Gaim. You've been doing so well so far, but the unabashed filler is not cool.
dancercotillion wrote:I'm astounded how Kamen Rider manages to be a phenomenally great show every few years, considering it's a toy commercial for electronic pants-holders and plastic knives.
dancercotillion wrote: My OTP is Ryouma/his own reflection
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Yeah.....Mitsuzane.....I completely hate him now. It's quite amusing considering I liked him from the start then slowly disliked him with every episode once he joined Yddrasil.

The battle between him and Takatora went more or less as I expected. Even though Takatora was in a "weaker" form, he still has more skill. The story is really picking up......

Spoiler
So OF COURSE we get another damned tie in! Seriously that's the ONLY annoyance I have about Gaim. The Spring break special didn't bother me much because the previous episode wasn't a huge cliffhanger. The Kikaider tie in was just annoying. And now we have this one. Unlike Kikaider, I'll probably watch this one. But still....
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

The Melonbowl was everything I could hope for and more. They've been building up to this for ages and the payoff was every bit the grace it should be.

However I am disappointed with the outcome. Takatora should have won that; I'm still rooting for Micchi to either eat it, or at least get knocked down a peg.

Spoiler
Just to be clear, next week's episode is the movie tie-in? Or is there something else Toei is going to be showing too?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Shows how bad ass Takatora is, able to go toe to toe against a Genesis Rider with his old belt and come up tops. Shame he got sentimental and Micchy is a little bitch.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Yeah but come on, we already knew Micchi could "pull the trigger" since he already shot his brother in the back in Helheim. I'm not surprised at the outcome at all.

And as to the filler episode ...

You know what, I give them a pass. This show has been 96% pure continuous plot.
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Gamera Ramen wrote:I'm even more confused on what exactly it was that Sagara gave Kouta--was it the Forbidden Fruit? Is it something somehow derived from that? Is it something unrelated? Does Roshuo still have the fruit to give? Has the show not answered that, or was there something I missed? It'd be really lame if everyone was in such a heated battle for the golden fruit and at the end Sagara's just like "sorry I gave it to Kouta months ago lol." Especially interesting was Redue's remark about "You don't even know what your power truly means!"
Remember there will be two Forbidden Fruit, one is of Helheim (claim by Roshuo) the other is of Earth. I believe Roshuo gave a slice of his to Sagara, which he gave to Kouta. What the power of the fruit do to its user is anybody's guess.

I believe Roshuo still has his fruit because he still has the power to unlock Helheim and speed its takeover process. He gets his queen back, Earth gets taken, a new fruit will bear, Redue will have it. That was the deal. Of course there's also Kouta, Kaito and Ryouma on that list of Earth's Fruit candidate.
Last edited by TokuCasual on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Takatora. You're wearing a helmet. It covers your eyes and everything. So why, exactly, do you feel the need to flinch when a little dirt gets thrown at you? ...Not sure why that stood out to me.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

No, I noticed that too. It really is kind of a logic gap there since a little bit of dirt thrown at him would... maybe obscure his vision for a second but that reaction was needlessly over the top.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

I think it was done more as a symbolism of Mitsuzane's dirty way of fighting. I may not know much about social procedure, but I'm pretty sure throwing dirty in a guy's eyes as you fight him is considered a dick move

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”