Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Gaim 45 released

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_45

Epic battle is epic.

Also, while I was expecting Zack to die, I wasn't expecting Youko to bite it. Man...

Let's appreciate Zack some more. Kaito was his mentor and friend. So it's pretty amazing that he took a split second to decide that his ideals and sense of justice came before following Kaito. Add to that the fact that he planned to terrorist bomb his former friend and was willing to continue fighting even though he knew he was no match for the guy.

Edit: Did you really need to eat that fruit to prove your point, Kouta?

Also, let's appreciate the actors crying. Real emotions? In my children's show?!
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: KR Gaim 45 released

Post by DaVinci030 »

I expect Kouta and Kaito were in a good fight. Of course it was epic.
takenoko wrote:Also, let's appreciate the actors crying. Real emotions? In my children's show?!
After Sid and Ryouma, Youko's next. *crying*

Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

This episode really ticked me off.
---Now, it's not so much that Yoko died rather.. how she died. Getting knocked off a skyscraper not unlike a pointless MotW, just so the guys can have their big ego-contest... It all just felt rather appalling to have happen; at the time, I thought I was just getting trolled until it got to the big fight at the end of the episode and it hit me... "No, they're serious on this. They're caressin' serious!".
[Sighs audibly] Why bother building up her character to have a point if they're just gonna pull this at the last moment?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Aren't you overreacting a bit? Youko did die while protecting Kaito not because just to have two guys to have an ego battle. Tell me how she should have die.

Summon all the Inves. Screw the Rider War. Inves War all the way.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Phoenix512 wrote:Youko did die while protecting Kaito not because just to have two guys to have an ego battle."it is also darker. But could it also be considered more violent?"
- Yes, which was kinda contrived and dumb.
- Not "for" it but given that they pretty much ignored her during then, it can easily come off like that, me thinks.
Phoenix512 wrote:Tell me how she should have die.
If I wrote it, she wouldn't have died;
(Then again if I wrote Gaim, there'd be a lot different lol)

EDIT: Actually, looking back, the episode as a whole kinda burned me pretty badly. <<
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Man, Toei really has it out for the tables this week. Between ToQger and Gaim, they've smashed so many tables...

Edit: And we were doing so avoiding CGI, too. Aww :(
Go-On Macaroni wrote:Getting knocked off a skyscraper not unlike a pointless MotW, just so the guys can have their big ego-contest...
I can appreciate that everyone needs to go in this episode for the build up to the fight, but I agree that both Youko and Zack's deaths were very convenient. We all knew Zack was going to bite it, but one normally does not die from finishers like that.

As for Youko, falling off a building like that does not normally get riders killed. So like Zack it was convenient. But I also think there just wasn't the same build-up that Zack got, so it was robbed of a more significant emotional punch. Then again Kaito really is tactless, so maybe it was intentional to reinforce the fact that he really didn't care for her. She kept gravitating towards power-hungry characters, and paid for it in the end.

(Coincidentally she's was the only energy rider not after the apple. So, uh, I guess that means she was after the banana? :shock: )
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

No more Genesis Riders. Big applause to Kouta, Kaito, Micchi and Zack. Their performance in this episodes was Fantastic . Kouta and her sister scene was too emotional, Micchi despairing was too emotional, Kaito and Zack too
Leonsagara
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Leonsagara »

I doubt Zack is dead. Probably just passed out. Kaito hasn't killed anyone up to this point. I can't see him starting with someone he acknowledges as strong, since those are the ones he respects and believes have the right to live. Either way, Zack's belt is dead, so he's out of the game. Although, presumably Youko's belt that she inherited from Ryouma should still be functional.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I dunno. I was never under the impression that she was in love with Kaito. It just struck me more of a "I'm dying, say something sweet to me" and Kaito just failing to rise to that since he's always just blunt and honest to a fault.
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

kyoichikiller90 wrote:Kouta and her sister scene was too emotional,
Manly tear jerker scene.

I almost want the Season to end on some Cliffhanger-esc ending. Leaving it up to the viewer as to what side won.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
stalydan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Tendou (Kabuto)
Favorite Band: Versailles
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by stalydan »

I didn't mind Youko's death too much. Is it pointless? Yes but isn't that the point of it? She wasn't the intended target of the bomb, she just jumped in the way to protect Kaito and ended up falling 30 something stories which lets face it isn't something you're likely to survive even with the suit on.

I loved the episode though. Getting those emotional scenes between Kouta and Akira was that moment I'd been waiting for in the last couple of episodes. And Mai's scene were really good too. Here's hoping the last few will be just as good.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm assuming Youko died because the bomb was designed to kill overlord level Kaito. It's a shame though, I feel like her death didn't have that much of an impact compared to Sid or Takatoras.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I'm betting that Youko's death was so cheap because of a combination of a) it's close to the end of the series, and Urobutcher's gonna kill as much as he can, and b) it's meant to be another sign of, despite how large this has all gotten, as it comes down to Kouta and Kaito fighting to determine the fate of the entire world when, just a year ago, Kaito was little more than a street performer and Kouta was just some guy working two jobs to get by in the world, death is still just death. not every death has to be massive. not every death has to have some great meaning. sometimes, simple things lead to simple deaths, and that's all there is to it.

also, it bugs me a little that we're this freaking close to the end, and yet Kouta never once got a Melon Energy lock to go Jinber Melon. it's built into the toy as a possible form, and Kouta's the only one capable of doing the mixed fruit forms, and yet they never went there.

all that aside, though, the fight is fantastic, I can't wait to see just where it goes in the next episode, and Ranbu Escalation is an awesome song.

Preview Spoiler:
Spoiler
When Sagara says "you guys have no future." do you think he means Kouta and Kaito specifically, meaning their fight is ultimately pointless, or do you think Kouta, as is likely the case with him being the title character, wins the fight, chooses not to destroy the world, and Sagara's just complaining about not getting to evolve people, trying to say that humanity itself has no future unless he gets to change them?
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

Woo! I've not been on the forums in ages! Feels good to be back. This was an amazing episode and very emotional! Kouta's and Akira's scene was amazing! Can't wait for the fight the next episode, it's gonna be awesome.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

That is a great start of an epic fight between Kouta and Kaito. I haven't seen a battle as exciting as Kamen Rider Black vs Shadowmoon.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”